Training - Wednesday November 5, 2014

Whispering_Jack

With Tappy gone Kent is probably our biggest weight/height ratio. I wouldn't say he's fully trimmed down looking at him live but he's progressively getting their and for November he's in good condition. Come March with no interruptions he'll be good.

All those AFL photo's are chosen to be impressive.

Salem is still very thin in the upper body. Photo's flatter him. He was working hard to finish the boxing and push ups. As soon as the footies came out he was a class above though.

As I said earlier Toumpas live is the most impressive in terms of more muscle than what you are used to seeing.

Frost is more lean and athletic in person than the photos. But broad. He and Tom McDonald are certainly much taller and longer than Dunn and much bulkier than Garland. I wonder if the twin towers will work.

Glad for JKH. He was amazing in last years preseason. Just showed everyone up with his enthusiasm for training. I hope he can keep it up now it's not new and now he'll be doing more of it. If today was anything to go by they will be literally and figuratively belted by the boxing trainer.

Sorry to rain on your parade old chap, but spoke to Christian afterwards, he has put on a couple of kilos, and standing next to him he is bigger than last year, they want him to gain strength rather than more size, he and Jack Viney were hardly sweating, both enjoyed the session

• Like 3

Sorry to rain on your parade old chap, but spoke to Christian afterwards, he has put on a couple of kilos, and standing next to him he is bigger than last year, they want him to gain strength rather than more size, he and Jack Viney were hardly sweating, both enjoyed the session

You'll have your opinion I'll have mine. No doubt he's a couple of kilos heavier. That's the point of the holiday period. Keep the legs ticking over and do a bit of weights but without the grueling energy sapping games that often make young players lose condition. There was carry on based on your post and from one picture that Salem is all of a sudden significantly bulked up like he's the build of an experienced player (or Jack Viney) and he's not. I'm keen to see them do some more running or even better a time trial to see if he's up there with the midfielders. He's a hard kid so I'm not bothered by strength anyway, he'll build that up, if he has a good preseason on track his fitness will build that's the most important.

You'll have your opinion I'll have mine. No doubt he's a couple of kilos heavier. That's the point of the holiday period. Keep the legs ticking over and do a bit of weights but without the grueling energy sapping games that often make young players lose condition. There was carry on based on your post and from one picture that Salem is all of a sudden significantly bulked up like he's the build of an experienced player (or Jack Viney) and he's not. I'm keen to see them do some more running or even better a time trial to see if he's up there with the midfielders. He's a hard kid so I'm not bothered by strength anyway, he'll build that up, if he has a good preseason on track his fitness will build that's the most important.

Ahh. The first signs of pre season. Posters squabbling and becoming frustrated with Saty. Currently not ignored for me given the change in name. I wonder how long that will last? Looking forward to the reports.

Ahh. The first signs of pre season. Posters squabbling and becoming frustrated with Saty. Currently not ignored for me given the change in name. I wonder how long that will last? Looking forward to the reports.

I trust Saty implicitly.

Maybe because he looks like Santa Claus.

Only he brings the gift of training reports for the good little children and moral condemnation to the naughty.

• Like 8

I like everything saty brings to DL.reports,inside mail,common sense and brevity.

Plus that beautiful style of upsetting people by throwing thier own mud back at them.

Almost forgot,his love for the mighty Dees.

We love our Devil Inside.

• Like 4

sam and i share the same proctologist - dinks

So your proctologist is feeling down in the dumps??

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.