Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sam Blease wants out

Grimes Times

You're being more vindictive than petty...

The only thing he bagged about the club was our propensity to have a number of coaches over the last few years.

I don't think you can argue that a player being at Melbourne has been a good thing fro their development.

I am not going to burn him for telling the truth, well, the truth as he sees it - but I will disagree with his version of the truth.

Other than that, I don't like to hold grudges - just don't see the benefit.

If we want a healthy culture, we are going to have be a 'bigger' club when it comes to things like this.

McLean told the truth as well, $500k and a massive amount of our damage to our brand later we're still trying to recover.

I think he's right, spot on for what happened at the club. I think we were a joke both on and off the ground. Absolute shambles.

But two years on I'm still seeing articles like this:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-03/cats-pleased-with-blease

Call me petty and vindictive, fair enough, your opinion. But I'm sick of disgruntled ex employees who were no good at the club coming and bagging it in the media. And I completely disagree with you about what it means and takes to have a great culture. Clubs with Hawthorn and Sydney didn't build their cultures by sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya. They got there by being tough and uncompromising.

tl:dr?

I'm a [censored] and I want to see the little [censored] fail

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion- I was being sarcastic (lowest form of wit, I know).

I agree with you completely; he's weak as [censored], and since he decided to slag the club off on his way out, I hope he fails miserably.

haha, I actually got it halfway through my post, I was just on a roll so I didn't edit it

All good :)

Seeya Sam......

Point 1. You say that the clubs instability is the reason for the failure of our early draft picks. Yes, it probably played a part but what about some of the later picks during your lacklustre career at Melbourne? Jetta (pick 51), Bail (pick 64), Howe (pick 33), Mcdonald (pick 53) all say hi/bye.....

I wouldn't call any of the above raging success stories. Jetta's very recent turnaround, perhaps. What does appear a constant theme with those who haven't turned out to be complete duds at our club is they are self-driven. Jetta and McDonald are prime examples.

That said, the club has been a horror story as far as development of our young players in recent times. The examples pointing to that run as long as your arm and there's no shying away from it.

Blease is by no means absolved of responsibility. He takes on a great deal. But his points regarding the environment at the club, as much as they didn't need to be made publicly, still stand.

Is gone and good riddance! A few splashes of brilliance but not enough dedication!

I can't resist making snarky remarks in response to Blease's recent public sooking.

"Five coaches? I can't remember more than three coaches at Casey in the last few years."

"Five coaches? So tragic that not one of them explained the need for endurance, defensive accountability and team awareness."

"Five coaches? The way Blease counts them, we have five right now; Roos, McCartney, Viney, Rawlings and Goodwin."

• Like 5

You guys worry too much! Failed footballer goes on bogan radio station to answer questions on why he's a failure! Knows he will attract some sympathy (insecure) from opposition supporters and at the same time gives himself an excuse. Sam has never really taken a good hard look at himself. It is always someone else. Never forgot a practice match in 2013 where he spent seemingly forever yelling abuse at the umpire after giving away a free. Those incapable of self relection soon become delusional.

Not sure Paul Roos is at all concerned. Self justification should never be an excuse for poor performance and all that!

Edited by dee-tox
  • Like 1

An underachiever! Why do we pick so many of these guys?

Hmm - not seeing a trend here..

As Sherlock Holmes said "Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.'

We have recruited - talls,shorts, pace, plodders, insiders and outsiders and pretty much every player recruited has got to mediocre at best.

Whilst players have to take responsibility for their own output and development ( Nathan Jones) they just don't . The one factor that is evident is all these recruits were drafted into the MFC system.

With Roos and Co ( and now the appointment of a good development coach in BM) I have some optimism that all this may change.

• Like 2

to be fair Sam Blease is an absolute runt and the fact that Roosy didnt want him is a fair indication that he is not the kind of player that will succeed in our new environment.

doubt he will break into Geelongs team, but they would be upset due to losing Christiansen

to be fair Sam Blease is an absolute runt and the fact that Roosy didnt want him is a fair indication that he is not the kind of player that will succeed in our new environment.

doubt he will break into Geelongs team, but they would be upset due to losing Christiansen

penny may drop...penny may not.

I see his attitudes not being dissimilar to Colin Sylvia. The penny never left his pocket let alone being given a chance to drop.

• Like 1

penny may drop...penny may not.

I see his attitudes not being dissimilar to Colin Sylvia. The penny never left his pocket let alone being given a chance to drop.

and care factor ........... :huh:

• Like 3

He will be delisted at the end of 2015 season. Sam Blease wants to blame everyone but himself. I watched him and Gysberts train, would have been his third year, to me running behind our ruckman not just behind a mile off them was a disgrace.

The two guys I feel for are Strauss and Tapscott, they just couldn't get their bodies right, they didn't get a chance due to there injuries and unfortunately you have limited time to earn your spot.

Hey s-t-i-n-g-a I know you're being facetious but you're better than that. I think Sam was basically a good kid who went through hard times to get where he was and probably lacked the proper guidance to help him understand the hard work necessary to make it. I wonder how many true role models he had a club that had very few mature leaders such as he might have had elsewhere.

I wish him luck at Geelong. He'll need it and he'll need to take more responsibility on himself when he gets there because whatever he was doing over the past few seasons achieved very little for himself and his club.

Your right I was being factious. I did wish him luck and meant that (at least in a general sense). I agree that the change he is undertaking will need to go further than the colour of his jumper.

• Like 1

You're being more vindictive than petty...

The only thing he bagged about the club was our propensity to have a number of coaches over the last few years.

I don't think you can argue that a player being at Melbourne has been a good thing fro their development.

I am not going to burn him for telling the truth, well, the truth as he sees it - but I will disagree with his version of the truth.

Other than that, I don't like to hold grudges - just don't see the benefit.

If we want a healthy culture, we are going to have be a 'bigger' club when it comes to things like this.

Pedersen?

Pedersen?

Well, if you follow Sam's logic - he has only had 3 coaches...

Nah, he only showed anything under Roos.

I would still maintain that no matter how many messengers you have had, if you reject the messages, you will get nowhere.

• Like 3

Well, if you follow Sam's logic - he has only had 3 coaches...

Nah, he only showed anything under Roos.

I would still maintain that no matter how many messengers you have had, if you reject the messages, you will get nowhere.

I think the stability at the club and the development has been non existent for the entirety of Blease's stay.

However you can prosper despite the surroundings like Jones has, you can be somewhat a mixed bag like many players but show enough to have the club believe you will prosper under a better environment like Jeremy Howe or you can display to the club that you are not prepared to work hard enough to get to the desired level at our club and that's Blease.

I think the stability at the club and the development has been non existent for the entirety of Blease's stay.

However you can prosper despite the surroundings like Jones has, you can be somewhat a mixed bag like many players but show enough to have the club believe you will prosper under a better environment like Jeremy Howe or you can display to the club that you are not prepared to work hard enough to get to the desired level at our club and that's Blease.

Blease had stability and development in his last 12 months.

He chose to not embrace it.

See ya....

• Like 1

In any profession, if you are a junior and you come into an unstable environment where management continually changes and you are recognised in the industry as a poor performing organisation it shouldn't be a surprise that employees 'fall out of love' with the workplace. I think Sam was simply mentally fatigued by the time Roos and Co arrived and simply needs a new environment. This is the Club's failing, not Sam's.

In Roos press conference he was pretty clear that the club had failed to provide a suitable environment for players to develop and that Blease is an example of this.

• Like 1