Jack Trengove Support Group

What

This is actually what concerns me most in respect to a likely outcome resulting in a recovery and strengthened foot sufficient for AFL footy; it is that even with the best looking after and management its just seems one of those types of niggle that persists.

From my understanding of the type of injury it can be like when you break the scaphoid bone in your wrist. There is such little blood flow to the bone that it takes a really long time to heal. Also like the scaphoid injury it doesn't tend to show up on traditional scans and x-rays until the bone begins to calcify and by then it has been damaged for a while.

I was talking a mate of a mate as well who had a similar injury to Trenners that pain isn't always a side effect of the injury but loss of power in the leg can be a sign which would definitely explain a lot in Trenners case.

• Like 1

Just spoke to a physio who is treating Gazza's shoulder here on the Gold Coast. talking about Trenners. His frank assessment of the injury is that he's done. Especially due to the re aggravation it, according to him, shows that this particular Navicular injury is one that won't be able to heal.

Of course no one really knows, but an insightful comment from someone who does know a bit about it.

Edited by Munga
  • Like 1

Just spoke to a physio who is treating Gazza's shoulder here on the Gold Coast. talking about Trenners. His frank assessment of the injury is that he's done. Especially due to the re aggravation it, according to him, shows that this particular Navicular injury is one that won't be able to heal.

Of course no one really knows, but an insightful comment from someone who does know a bit about it.

Perhaps why they're considering avoiding surgery, which I assume also means the non-surgical option would take longer - the waiting game.

The previous CEO must be so proud of his enormous achievements....

Yes, because Cameron Schwab is responsible for Jack Trengove's injury. FMD

He was responsible for a lot of negligent and poor overseeing in his time, but he is not responsible for this one.

I refuse to believe that Trengove went through all of 2012 - 2014 with a fractured/injured foot. It may excuse his 2014 absence, but not his very poor form for the 2 years prior. The blame for Trengove's 2012 & 2013 is the coaching group headed by MN.

Schwab bashing is absolutely justifiable, but let's keep it in the areas where he did screw us over. There are so many to choose from and no need to create false one's.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 4

Did the physio mention how Gazza's recovery is going? Is he any doubt for round 1?

Did the physio mention how Gazza's recovery is going? Is he any doubt for round 1?

Didn't want to push for details as I know how guarded they must be about his progress. He did say the Medical director believed he could've tried playing after 3 weeks off and see how it went but the club left it up to Gazza. The physic suggested to Gazza that as this was his first dislocation after all these years there would no doubt be substantial damage. Gazza made the call to get the surgery done immediately.

The physio was in the rooms just after he did the shoulder. reckoned he's never seen a player in as much pain and he was making a hell of a racket.

and if he isn't, can the physio do something to ensure he is!!!

haha id already shown my hand as a MFC supporter - did tell him we wanted Prestia though. he reckoned Prestias got incredible agility and pace considering the muscle mass he's got. Really rates him. I told him about 35k melbourne supporters really rate him too. he asked me if hi old man ran some fruit markets down in melbourne. can anyone confirm that?

Hmm looks all over to me.

Better get used of the MFC team without Trengove it seems.

We really have not had him since 2011 so the loss is not huge it terms of team results in recent years.

• Like 1

haha id already shown my hand as a MFC supporter - did tell him we wanted Prestia though. he reckoned Prestias got incredible agility and pace considering the muscle mass he's got. Really rates him. I told him about 35k melbourne supporters really rate him too. he asked me if hi old man ran some fruit markets down in melbourne. can anyone confirm that?

Yep, over at Footscray Market.

Bigtime Demon supporter (possibly coterie).

Surgery for Trenners:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-27/trengoves-surgery-call?utm_medium=RSS

Edited by ChaserJ

To endure more surgery and another 8 weeks in a cast indicates that Jack gives himself some chance of recovery.

May not look bright at this stage however I for one wish the young fella a full and speedy recovery.

Ripping young bloke who deserves a break.

• Like 2

The whole family is diehard Melbourne.

The owl hoots as the bee pollinates the antelope....

We aren't bloody well riddling again I hope?

• Like 1

To endure more surgery and another 8 weeks in a cast indicates that Jack gives himself some chance of recovery.

May not look bright at this stage however I for one wish the young fella a full and speedy recovery.

Ripping young bloke who deserves a break.

yes and no

you can't go down without knowing you gave yourself every chance and opportunity.

Very last roll of the dice here I'm afraid. He''ll need boxcars and I don't like his chances....just saying !!

Good luck to the lad though. He wont die wondering and he deserves kudos for that.

Edited by beelzebub

dam dam dam why does a good guy such as Jack desrve this? Why cant other people like martin or why cant scully get a serious injury.

well at least he knows the club are supporting him and we need to see him out on the field so he can show us what jack trengove the number 2 pick can do.

Pretty much his last chance. Reading the AFL.com.au article it says that 95% of these injuries have no troubles with the screw, but of course that's not the case with Trenners.

Making the call now gives him an outside out of playing a bit in 2015, but realistically we won't see him until 2016.

Edited by Pates