Brock McLean delisted

dazzledavey36

I wouldn't mind Brick/Brock offered a rookie spot

A hard bodied inside mid who skill is decent - he's slow but we need some genuine ball winners who can feed it to Tyson, Viney, Toump etc.

I doubt it will happen as he's probs too old and slow - but I wouldn't be against picking him up as a mature rookie

Can't do much worse - bit of fairy tale good news as well

I don't need to rethink, they were incompetent as a board and were part of some horrendous decisions or lack of. In this case it's time for new blood.

As a Board they failed but everyone of them to a man, as with the Gardner Board, did their best. Sadly most didn't understand footy and to quote a famous line, they didn't know what they didn't know. Most were very successful in their own right and intelligent smart men and because of it thought they could translate that success to footy. They couldn't and they interfered too much. It just shows how important a good CEO is as he keeps the Board at arms length.

Our tennis playing CEO was awful. Worked with him for a few weeks, well, his entire tenure and IMO he was a very poor appointment.

• Like 1

OK I'll go out on a limb.

I'd offer him a 1 year contract with a one year option.

He is probably only depth but plays a reasonable defensive inside midfielder role which Roos seems to like. Can gather lots of possessions as the 3rd (untagged) mid, runs ahead to offer an option and isn't as terrible as he seems by foot. He can also read the game. And donated (yes donated) $10k back to us when he didn't have to.

I'd pay out Pickles and bring back Brock.

Knock yourselves out.

I wouldn't.

Because in 12 months time when we de-list him we won't get anything for him and he would have cost us money which would be better spent elsewhere. For example younger player 22-26 from the rookie draft who could add to our depth and be able to be developed. Also we save ourselves getting another parting salvo from this towering intellect that cost us another couple million $'s.

Although if i was being spiteful we could sign him, not play him and then delist him, with an exit interview that goes something like "You don't have to be Blind Freddy, to think that we would have played you in the team!"

Edited by felixdacat
  • Like 1

If we were to receive$500k, happy to pay him as a rookie for a year, otherwise not a snowflakes.

WTF!

Do your research first before looking like an absolute [censored].

He donated towards the debt demolition to try and help this club clear its debt. He was the only player that stood up that night and said he was willing to dig into his pocket and donate to our frail club. It was a terrific show of leadership and he will always be part of the MFC in helping this club get rid of the debt.

He is understood to have been hurt and disappointed recently when asked to take a pay cut after spending $15,000 at a Demons auction night and, last year, donating $10,000 to the club's Debt Demolition program.

Donates $10,000 and costs the club $500,000 + more in legal fees.

What a top bloke.

Hope it was all worth it Brock.

• Like 3

I liked him as a MFC player, until the game seemed to be getting away from him & thought we scored well with pick 11 for him (too bad we drafted poorly, and don't give me that development carp, Gysberts was a dud who had us fooled in his first 2 games).

Anyway, door closes on another ex MFC dud. Thanks for the $10k donation Brock, that & the st Kilda final being your finest moments as a proud MFC player. Other than that, go get f'd for what you did to us when you left, you knew exactly what you were doing to us you dirty pr1ck (just like your whinging now about how the Blues let you go hey?).

Edited by Grapeviney
Please don't post defamatory allegations you cannot prove

I think it would have been much better for him to not come out and essentially whinge about how his club has just treated him - no one needs to listen to you air your dirty laundry (even though I do agree his dismissal seems to have been mishandled). Unfortunately it seems he hasn't learnt from his past experiences after leaving the Dees - one would think he might have felt a bit of remorse after basically creating the storm that lead to us being investigated. But then again maybe he's that angry at Mick that he was well aware of what he was doing - particularly saying what he said on SEN at 'prime time'. I get the feeling he's probably now burnt bridges with both clubs and without knowing the bloke personally, he's the sort of person I'd be steering away from. And on a pure footy level I think we've got a number of players that can play exactly the same roll as him - players I expect to improve even more next year and go past where he got to. He was on a big upswing when he was at the Dees and I don't think he has ever really 'made it' in the way we thought / hoped he always would.

As a Board they failed but everyone of them to a man, as with the Gardner Board, did their best. Sadly most didn't understand footy and to quote a famous line, they didn't know what they didn't know. Most were very successful in their own right and intelligent smart men and because of it thought they could translate that success to footy. They couldn't and they interfered too much. It just shows how important a good CEO is as he keeps the Board at arms length.

Our tennis playing CEO was awful. Worked with him for a few weeks, well, his entire tenure and IMO he was a very poor appointment.

Bulldust, Gardner only took the job because he thought it would further his business career and contacts. FACT. He never loved our club & did an absolutely shocking job, which ironically resulted in him not getting what he wanted out of the position. He was meant to be our Eddie (boy made good from a poor area) but unlike Eddie he possessed no passion for the task at all & just wanted to rub shoulders with the blue bloods to further himself and got found out.

I agree with your point about a good CEO being needed to interface between the footy department & board, but who appoints that position? A bloody board does!! The least these guys could've done was get that most important appointment right, but instead they cost us big time with no freaking clue! How's that for intelligence? Maybe they thought too highly of themselves to see what a [censored] up they were!!

One thing I hadn't realised about Brock until after he left Melbourne was how disinvested in the game he is.

You don't work in HR do you diesel? Not disagreeing with your point, but that sounds like an HR term, like positions being "right-sized", "rebalanced", "offshored", "disestablished", "creating opportunities for your future development".

Nooooooo. I'm not bitter about HR at all. Some of my best friends colleagues self-righteous leeches acquaintances work in HR.

• Like 2

You don't work in HR do you diesel? Not disagreeing with your point, but that sounds like an HR term, like positions being "right-sized", "rebalanced", "offshored", "disestablished", "creating opportunities for your future development".

Nooooooo. I'm not bitter about HR at all. Some of my best friends colleagues self-righteous leeches acquaintances work in HR.

We also have HR partners, no they can't just be HR staff, they have to be "partners" as well.

Bulldust, Gardner only took the job because he thought it would further his business career and contacts. FACT. He never loved our club & did an absolutely shocking job, which ironically resulted in him not getting what he wanted out of the position. He was meant to be our Eddie (boy made good from a poor area) but unlike Eddie he possessed no passion for the task at all & just wanted to rub shoulders with the blue bloods to further himself and got found out.

I agree with your point about a good CEO being needed to interface between the footy department & board, but who appoints that position? A bloody board does!! The least these guys could've done was get that most important appointment right, but instead they cost us big time with no freaking clue! How's that for intelligence? Maybe they thought too highly of themselves to see what a [censored] up they were!!

How is this helpful?

You want to know why clubs get bigger? Why Hawthorn left us in their wake after the merger stuff? Because they were united, they didn't worry about burning people, issuing blame f-o-r-e-v-e-r to those that tried but couldn't.

Clubs don't grow on sentiments like yours - they die from it.

Harsh, but true.

How is this helpful?

You want to know why clubs get bigger? Why Hawthorn left us in their wake after the merger stuff? Because they were united, they didn't worry about burning people, issuing blame f-o-r-e-v-e-r to those that tried but couldn't.

Harsh, but true.

I didn't bring it up, just setting the record straight, clubs don't grow ignoring & not learning from the past, hence the afl stepped in to right our ship with PJ. If you don't recognise the cancer you can't cut it out..... People have lived thanks to sentiment like mine. ;-p

How is this helpful?

Harsh, but true.

Ian Dicker and Don Scott, plus they had a latent supporter base on the back of multiple premierships through the 70's and 80's.

I didn't bring it up, just setting the record straight, clubs don't grow ignoring & not learning from the past, hence the afl stepped in to right our ship with PJ. If you don't recognise the cancer you can't cut it out..... People have lived thanks to sentiment like mine. ;-p

How crass.

Cancer is the body attacking itself.

These people gave their time and put their money where their mouth was and you sit behind a screen and call them a cancer.

This club is not big enough to hold so much hate against each other.

• Like 4

Brock knew what he was doing that night before he went On the Couch, and he knew it would drop us in a world of hurt

I have no doubt it was orchestrated by Healy and Sheahan to create turmoil at the MFC and rid us of the Cameron Schwab stench and the toxic culture for good.

No pain no gain.

Brock knew what he was doing that night before he went On the Couch, and he knew it would drop us in a world of hurt

I have no doubt it was orchestrated by Healy and Sheahan to create turmoil at the MFC and rid us of the Cameron Schwab stench and the toxic culture for good

No pain no gain

Do you think Roos also had a hand in it? He was "on the couch" that night.

• Like 1

I suppose when you go to Carlton, a club with such a great culture and no record of tanking, salary cap breaches or any other dishonest activity it's surprising that you would ever get shafted by them - Delisted Brock McLean claims he was misled by Carlton

"I was sitting in a bar in Copenhagen ..."

Say no more.

• Like 1

I suppose when you go to Carlton, a club with such a great culture and no record of tanking, salary cap breaches or any other dishonest activity it's surprising that you would ever get shafted by them - Delisted Brock McLean claims he was misled by Carlton

World_162c0a_256605.jpg

I agree with this last sentence.

Id also say that it is unfair for us to diss Brock for his on the couch display just as it is ridiculous for Essendon to diss Patty Ryder for his recent interview.

We tanked for draft picks and are still paying the price.

People get [censored] off at Brock (and rightfully so), because he said this, wearing a navy blue polo shirt belonging to probably the most obvious tankers in the history of the sport. What a hypocritical rat. Our Richmond game was bad, but their game against us was farcical, as was the latter part of their season.

Edited by AdamFarr

I agree people have a right to be angry at Brock... He's a clear [censored]

But are we here to whinge or are we here to talk footy?

Will he make our club better in 2015 - IMO yes

Is he worth picking up? I am not convinced but he would add to our depth. Question marks on his speed but another big bodied mid wouldn't hurt the Dees. And he's cheap!

Worthy of discussion i reckon - we need more experience to win more games - I think it would be a good story if he came back and succeeded

Edited by Unleash Hell