Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

What current trade positions do we have other than 2, 3 & 23? I would offer Maggotwood pick around 40 or so and say that's it.

And the cats? What is their first pick? I don't think getting Lumumba in a 3 way trade is a good deal for us

If Geelong throw in their 3rd rounder with the Clark deal, we can give that to GWS for Frost at least. Save us the risk of the Bulldogs pulling a shifty on us.

Especially now they've lost Boyd and will be looking for other talls

• Like 1

If Geelong throw in their 3rd rounder with the Clark deal, we can give that to GWS for Frost at least. Save us the risk of the Bulldogs pulling a shifty on us.

Especially now they've lost Boyd and will be looking for other talls

That's the reason I ask because "I believe" that the hold up on this whole 3 way deal is not the Beams situation but a bickering over lesser picks. Will be very surprised if the deal only involves the 3 players with no other picks exchanged

Okay, I'm pretty comfortable that we're going in to the draft with 2 and 3. Don't have the energy to believe the Kennedy rumour.

This trade period has been insane. I'm exhausted.

And for us pretty pointless to date.

• Like 2

That's the reason I ask because "I believe" that the hold up on this whole 3 way deal is not the Beams situation but a bickering over lesser picks. Will be very surprised if the deal only involves the 3 players with no other picks exchanged

Could be a lie but Balme just said on SEN that the terms between Geelong and us were actually agreed last week. Not surprisingly the reason the whole deal is being held up is because Colonwood can't get their [censored] together.

• Like 1

Collingwood are stalling this whole trade period. Why cant we just trade Clark for Geelongs 2nd rounder and then ontrade it to H when/if they get their [censored] together. Why are we letting their own deals block our Mitch Clark deal

• Like 1

Collingwood are stalling this whole trade period. Why cant we just trade Clark for Geelongs 2nd rounder and then ontrade it to H when/if they get their [censored] together. Why are we letting their own deals block our Mitch Clark deal

Think it's safe to say we won't be dealing with Colonwood next year unless we absolutely have to. We probably wouldn't have this year if Lamumba's manager didn't ask to meet with us.

Think it's safe to say we won't be dealing with Colonwood next year unless we absolutely have to. We probably wouldn't have this year if Lamumba's manager didn't ask to meet with us.

18 clubs sitting around while Buckley flies to Bali...

• Like 6

If we walk away from thus trade period without an established midfielder of any type or two lesser tear midfielders then im sorry but i will view the result of this trade period as contrary to paul roos wanting immediate results rather thsn fans copping another rebuild.

i say if we cant get an a grader we trade someone with currency for a pick in the top 20 and then package that with three for 2 gws mids of the likes of toby greene rather than treloar/shiel pipe dreams

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse
  • Like 2

It's been a bad day for the MFC, the disappointment and trade setback is significant. I understand that some will take this disappoint out on those who offered hope. This is natural. However, all is not lost. Let's see what Roos pulls out of the hat in the coming days.

I note that the same people who have abused me (not that I care) are the same who smashed me for six months when I announced the absolute arrival of Roos in May 2013. Life is too short, we all love our club and yearn success. We are all on the same team. Personally despite my reservations on FA I remain optimistic, the most optimistic I have been since 2006.

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day for our great club.

GNF, Thanks for your posts and keeping us updated this TP. Hope you realise some of us appreciate it

Its unfortunate what happened this period, it looks like Roos had a good plan in mind and we were hit with two serious set backs we couldnt foresee, with Clark turning into what Brisbane and Freo told us he was all along, and then JT's horrible news this morning

Im hoping either way Roos is able to pull something off, or go to draft with 2 and 3, but either way I back him

• Like 3

We have gone from 'all players are tradeable' 4 weeks ago to zero players being traded out 1.5 days from trade cut-off. No talk of any happening either (excl Clarke).

Even if we land a big fish no-one at MFC could be happy with the trade outcome and the list that results,

Sam Blease for HL

Mitch Clark for Travis Varcoe!

I know I'm a troglodyte and irreversibly welded to the past but I would much rather draft and develop our own kids.

Spend the money that would go on high profile players on development coaches a la Voss at Port - Brendan McCartney comes to mind.

May not play finals as quickly but success would be more sustained and supporters are able to have the pleasure of watching good talent come on.

• Like 1

We have gone from 'all players are tradeable' 4 weeks ago to zero players being traded out 1.5 days from trade cut-off. No talk of any happening either (excl Clarke).

Even if we land a big fish no-one at MFC could be happy with the trade outcome and the list that results,

Shows us no one wants our players, or at least the players we are prepared to trade.

I believe it is the beams situation holding it up. Beams is contracted for next year, until he's off their books they can't sign another player and risk going over the salary cap (assuming that varcoe will be on similar or more than lamumba). Edited by Beats

Bucks has to go to Bali to slip some Ruffies into Varcoes drink, hangover 4 where Varcoe wakes up in the morning and finds out his signed up to play for collingwood.....

If Bucks met Varcoe in Bali, who is there for Roos to meet in Hawaii?