Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

In regards to the 2 posts above. I played golf today with a 'local' newspaper guy today. He told me verbatim that many of 'us' troll websites etc for rumours and go with the ones that seem to have the most 'credibilty'. Maybe we here at D'land and others at B'footy etc are starting this crap and then just feeding it back to ourselves??????

We saw this when Ox pretty much read out GNF's post about Mitch Clark verbatim.

The term "blindsided" even made it onto the afl website news story. The first time I read it, it was GNF and nothing else had been reported at the time.

In regards to the 2 posts above. I played golf today with a 'local' newspaper guy today. He told me verbatim that many of 'us' troll websites etc for rumours and go with the ones that seem to have the most 'credibilty'. Maybe we here at D'land and others at B'footy etc are starting this crap and then just feeding it back to ourselves??????

Have thought that ever since I was quoted a few years back in the paper, basically word for word.

We saw this when Ox pretty much read out GNF's post about Mitch Clark verbatim.

The term "blindsided" even made it onto the afl website news story. The first time I read it, it was GNF and nothing else had been reported at the time.

It had been reported before GNF did a backflip on his previous posts.

If this journo is playing golf rather than doing serious work on a weekday workday, it is not surprising that he has to rely on sources that are mostly rumour, speculation and opinion. Must also watch a lot of telly in the evenings and listen to the radio on the way home from golf to get info. Just like us.

• Like 1

If that's true, then we have to get a LOT more "creative"! :)

• Like 1

Well said and most often the case, however there are the odd few reputable posters that have proven to inform us of an upcoming trade, signing, or movement before it eventuates.

Edited by ignition.

If this journo is playing golf rather than doing serious work on a weekday workday, it is not surprising that he has to rely on sources that are mostly rumour, speculation and opinion. Must also watch a lot of telly in the evenings and listen to the radio on the way home from golf to get info. Just like us.

Most annoying game of golf I have played. Must have answered at least 2 dozen calls/ texts. Put me off my game. Only 38 pts

The situation at Collingwood vis a vis the coaching - not just Buckley but the entire set up - is dire.

You can have your rumours about Dangerfield and Pendelbury meeting for coffee but I reckon the two attractions for Dangerfield would be Roos and the money. As poorly performed as our team might have been in the recent past, we will still be a better destination for players in the years to come than Collingwood under Bucks.

• Like 3