Post Match Masochism - Round 21

Demonland

Yesterday was far worse than 186 for this reason. Supposedly they were actually trying all game. At Kitty park it was a go slow protest.

I dont think we should easily overlook TMacs comment that we have gone backwards this year.. Why ffs . How can that have occured ?

I again suggest Roos was shellshocked and lost the coaching battle yesterday . He MUST shoulder some of the responsibility for no otrher reason than hes the coach and hes gets paid to do so. I still cant fathom how we got over run by a team with no bench .

I suggested before the game that they were tanking and they did, in the shape of half a dozen Shermans, Some Leopards and possibly Panzers. They rolled right over us !!!l

Yes its hard to create Bouef Wellington when all you have is Spam , but thats where creativity comes in and none was on display yesterday. If Roos suggests the cue was in the rack, then he needed to take it back out and change it up some. What was there to lose by trying ? Often in the middle of battle someone will show something if allowed.

To the club. No more apologist commentary. We know we're krap. DO something.

I could just imagine Sheedy laughing all day yesterday and why wouldnt you. he had a close call, he almost came to us.

Wish I liked cricket more

Because they're fit, they're young and EVERY player is trying to advance the cause of the GWS Giants.

Oh.....and they run both ways, they're talented and back themselves in. How many pack marks were taken by GWS players in front of our goal?

Ridiculous.

The one thing I cant understand is that we hear all our coaching staff and most players talk about us concerntrating on our defensive game first and then moving on to offense. What I want to know is when are we going to start to focus on our defense? I was at the game yesterday and the amount of times there were unmanned GWS players receiving easy uncontested possesions was astounding. What ever happened to good old fashioned man on man accountable football?

I know our coaching staff have forgotten more about this game than I will ever know, but I sometimes feel that we over complicate things too much and when we were obviously getting smashed around the ground surely it is time to get back to basics and man up.

(By the way, it took me a while to reach my ton, so I will raise my bat now as it was a grafting century).

And still yesterday, dumb supporters around me were complaining that some of us were making negative comments about the players.

Accepting this type of garbage is a big part of why our culture is soft and weak. You can't sit at games and be OK with the crap these players serve up.

Yes I have a real issue booing a collective team when Jones works his arse off, but I would never sit there and complain about other paying members who want to express their anger and disgust.

• Like 2

The one thing I cant understand is that we hear all our coaching staff and most players talk about us concerntrating on our defensive game first and then moving on to offense. What I want to know is when are we going to start to focus on our defense? I was at the game yesterday and the amount of times there were unmanned GWS players receiving easy uncontested possesions was astounding. What ever happened to good old fashioned man on man accountable football?

I know our coaching staff have forgotten more about this game than I will ever know, but I sometimes feel that we over complicate things too much and when we were obviously getting smashed around the ground surely it is time to get back to basics and man up.

(By the way, it took me a while to reach my ton, so I will raise my bat now as it was a grafting century).

I also noted how often GWS fwd players had space to work in... Gobsmacking at times.

We do so many things wrong..... but its all the players :unsure: Granted much probably is...but still . Seems there are some odd directives about our play at times

Because they're fit, they're young and EVERY player is trying to advance the cause of the GWS Giants.

Oh.....and they run both ways, they're talented and back themselves in. How many pack marks were taken by GWS players in front of our goal?

Ridiculous.

I understand...but without rotation possible near end its something to be exploited.... It seemed to go begging as a weapon. Probably just me

I think I am going to nominate for the National Draft, I can't run to far these days, I can still hit targets by foot but I know Melbourne will pick me up because I'm a great pointer.

I can stand there whilst players run past me and point for someone else to pick them up. I need to send through some footage to Paul Roos, I'm sure that I can make it at Melbourne, I will have to learn to miss targets but I'm sure I can do that.

Our players don't want to work they like the notion of being AFL footballers but are a mile off being AFL footballers.

We are so far behind every other club in the AFL. St Kilda has better young talent than us, the Bulldogs are a mile ahead of us, Brisbane is streets ahead of us. GWS showed yesterday how far ahead of us they are.

You can't blame players for leaving, who wants to play for a club with no hope.

• Like 3

Just on Jack Watts, people say trade him, I don't disagree, but are they willing to accept a pick 25+ for him, that is his value a back half second round pick

yep...where do I sign
  • Like 1

Just on Jack Watts, people say trade him, I don't disagree, but are they willing to accept a pick 25+ for him, that is his value a back half second round pick

I would take anything as long as he put his head over the ball.

• Like 3

Malthouse may yet still be interested. One can only hope . He certainly won't pay overs though now....fine by me. Hes only worth a late 2nd rounder if we are honest.

Learned yesterday.

1/Saty tossed the coin before the game=well done.

2/GWS lost their CHB/FF/On baller=thank christ for that.

3/I sat behind the family of Viv Michie,who were just happy to be at the "G"

4/Treloar is a GUN=thats official

5/Beer and pizza tastes teriible after such a loss.

• Like 1

MEMBER APPRECIATION DAY…..OR JUST MAD? by George on The Outer

This was supposed to be member appreciation round, where the Club showed its appreciation for the loyal supporters who have endured much during the year.

The MFC players showed exactly how much they appreciate the support given in 2014 with a totally insipid and downright disgraceful display against a bottom of the ladder side. The fans were rewarded with a 10 goal loss against the Giants, who already had sent 6 of their players off for end of season surgery, and then lost Ward, Patton and Davis all before ½ time!

At least the Saints could point to having to play a potential Grand Final contender away, on their home ground despite their 12 goal loss. But there was simply no excuse for what the Melbourne players did at their own home in front nearly 18,000 of their own fans. Half the membership turned out after yet another shocker of a year, and that is how they were rewarded….2 goals to ¾ time, and nearly half a game scoring only a lousy 5 points!

Save for Nathan Jones and an occasional cameo from Max Gawn, Bernie Vince and Neville Jetta, the rest of the side shouldn’t have turned up … and they didn’t!

We now know Chip Frawley is on his bike, because he is simply disinterested in the game going on around him. Jack Watts has also become a spectator of the game, and stays further away from his opponent than an Ebola quarantine officer does with his patient.

Surely Bernie Vince, Dom Tyson, Michie and Aiden Riley must wonder what they are doing, having left genuine football clubs with players who want to play football.

Perhaps they too will fall into the Melbourne mould and adopt the ”bruise free” approach to how to play the game. Perhaps they will adopt the “scared little men” approach and constantly look for someone else to do the work, or back away from moving forward and putting pressure on the opposition.

Yes there is a bit more work required with these players, and we need to get it out of Jack Viney and Nathan Jones while we are at it.

So thank you Melbourne players!!

We really appreciate the support you have shown us. It would have been good if you had to talk to the long faced Melbourne supporter on the way home on the Belgrave line. He had been a member since 1982 and bought seven memberships for his family this year. But the kids don’t want to go to the game any more, and it was probably good they didn’t go along today. So he can see no point buying those seven memberships next year……

…that is what happens when you – THE PLAYERS serve up what you did today. It is what happens to people who have supported the club for 40 years and have that support rewarded with a spit in the face!!

Yes, we the Melbourne supporters are MAD! Angry MAD that we have been treated so badly, and simply MAD to even contemplate turning up to watch the team play when next in Melbourne.

We don’t appreciate the way you have treated us!

Melbourne 2.4.16 2.9.21 2.11.23 3.16.34

Greater Western Sydney 2.1.13 6.4.40 10.7.67 15.8.98

Goals

Melbourne Garland Kent Watts

Greater Western Sydney Palmer 4 Hoskin-Elliott 3 Kelly Smith 2 Boyd Mumford Shiel Treloar

Best

Melbourne Kent, N Jones, Tyson, Michie

Greater Western Sydney Mumford, Palmer, Hoskin-Elliott, Smith, Shiel, Greene, Kelly, Tomlinson

Changes

Melbourne Nil

Greater Western Sydney Nil

Injuries

Melbourne Grimes (hamstring)

Greater Western Sydney Davis (concussion), Patton (knee), Ward (calf)

Reports

Melbourne Nil

Greater Western Sydney Nil

Umpires Craig Fleer Simon Meredith Stuart Wenn

Crowd 17,218 at the MCG

• Like 5

I can't read through all of this and as drained as I am I didn't react in any other fashion than I have all season - with funereal expectation.

We are a terrible team and the sad thing is that we are still an improvement on the Demons of 2013.

Mindset issues have a devastating effect when your cattle is the same that gave us 2012-13.

Roos is to blame partially for the pathetic mindset on the day but to question him is, again, misdiagnosing what is the problem.

Constant bottom four performance across 3 years, bottom 8 across 7 years, what is the common denominator?

I will give you a hint - it isn't the coach.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1

I can't read through all of this and as drained as I am I didn't react in any other fashion than I have all season - with funereal expectation.

We are a terrible team and the sad thing is that we are still an improvement on the Demons of 2013.

Mindset issues have a devastating effect when your cattle is the same that gave us 2012-13.

Roos is to blame partially for the pathetic mindset on the day but to question him is, again, misdiagnosing what is the problem.

Constant bottom four performance across 3 years, bottom 8 across 7 years, what is the common dominator?

I will give you a hint - it isn't the coach.

We have not improved. That's the point. This list is that bad

MEMBER APPRECIATION DAY…..OR JUST MAD? by George on The Outer

This was supposed to be member appreciation round .......

Excellent summary GOtO

'Member Appreciation Round' .... pffffft!!

Been too crestfallen to post anything game related since the Brisbane game. The disgust has gone beyond what words can say. In protest I have changed my avatar to honour the collective cowardice of our players. It will remain indefinitely as long as it is deserved.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2