Jack Grimes

Soidee

You've really got no idea, have you? Just spout rubbisn off the top of your head as if it's true.

He gets pushed off the ball too easy, and he looks frail

Im sure it can be traced to his diet it he actually is vegan

So please tell me what I said that isnt true?

If Jack Grimes is our major concern we don't have much to worry about. Reckon every other AFL side would love to have him on their list. One of the few players who can constantly win one on ones, has grunt, has size and ,has shown growing maturity as leader, yet many on here want to keep give him a belting.

Seems like a great Melbourne bloke to me.

Clearly I don't get it.

• Like 2

Is he really a vegan?

His size will be due to reducing the risk of major injuries, in particular stress related injuries to his back. The more weight he carries, the more stress upon his spine and vertebrae.

A vegan can still get the required amounts of protein (and other nutrients) to put on as much muscle as needed, especially (if the veganism is true) as he probably works with the dietitian more so than any other player.

• Like 2

Is he really a vegan?

His size will be due to reducing the risk of major injuries, in particular stress related injuries to his back. The more weight he carries, the more stress upon his spine and vertebrae.

A vegan can still get the required amounts of protein (and other nutrients) to put on as much muscle as needed, especially (if the veganism is true) as he probably works with the dietitian more so than any other player.

Definitely a vegetarian at minimum, believe that he is a vegan but cbf looking through the club videos to find reference to it. As you say, his diet won't overly affect his performance. As he's a vegetarian his diet would have had to have been ticked off by the club dietitians.

Mike Tyson is a vegan, even though he did bite a guys ear off.

so is Joe Namath (legendary quarterback NFL), Carl Louis, Robert Parish (NBA), Tony Gonzalez (NFL) and Peter Siddle

if you haven't heard of them, get out of the football fish bowl and look them up.

All famous vegetarian athletes and all big guys. Eating meat has absolutely nothing to do with size and strength.

• Like 6

Mike Tyson is a vegan, even though he did bite a guys ear off.

so is Joe Namath (legendary quarterback NFL), Carl Louis, Robert Parish (NBA), Tony Gonzalez (NFL) and Peter Siddle

if you haven't heard of them, get out of the football fish bowl and look them up.

All famous vegetarian athletes and all big guys. Eating meat has absolutely nothing to do with size and strength.

Not sure about those other guys but Mike Tyson only became a vegan in recent years

Absolutely was not a vegan when he was a boxer

For crying out loud ...

Carl Lewis won 9 Olympic gold Medals and 8 world championships in the 100m, 200m and long jump. He attributes a vegan diet to his highest levels of performance at the peak of his career in 1991.

That huge actor in The Green Mile, Michael Clarke Duncan, was nearly 200cm and 145 kg and a vegetarian. So much for 'frailty'.

Staying lean can actually be a problem for some vegans if they eat too many carbohydrate-rich food sources such as legumes, soy and grains in an effort to get enough protein, because they can cause weight gain.

I'm not a vegan, but at least those rabbiting on about 'weakness' could do some dietary research rather than speaking from a position of total ignorance.

• Like 9

For crying out loud ...

Carl Lewis won 9 Olympic gold Medals and 8 world championships in the 100m, 200m and long jump. He attributes a vegan diet to his highest levels of performance at the peak of his career in 1991.

That huge actor in The Green Mile, Michael Clarke Duncan, was nearly 200cm and 145 kg and a vegetarian. So much for 'frailty'.

Staying lean can actually be a problem for some vegans if they eat too many carbohydrate-rich food sources such as legumes, soy and grains in an effort to get enough protein, because they can cause weight gain.

I'm not a vegan, but at least those rabbiting on about 'weakness' could do some dietary research rather than speaking from a position of total ignorance.

I'm sure h_h considered his contribution a well informed, weighted argument.

Edited by Django

I don't care what he's eating but if he can't bring some more power to his game then he needs to change something.

He isn't quick or skilled enough to play an outside role. So he better learn how to add some grunt to his game somehow.

At the moment he's wasting a prime position at half back that needs to go to someone more skilled.

I don't care what he's eating but if he can't bring some more power to his game then he needs to change something.

He isn't quick or skilled enough to play an outside role. So he better learn how to add some grunt to his game somehow.

At the moment he's wasting a prime position at half back that needs to go to someone more skilled.

shhh...thats just being plain sil.... being plainly sensible

For crying out loud ...

You'll find though they were not vegan/vegetarian when they got to their peak mass. It would be easier to maintain that size on a vegan/vegetarian diet, however to get to that size would be near on impossible.

If Jack Grimes is our major concern we don't have much to worry about. Reckon every other AFL side would love to have him on their list. One of the few players who can constantly win one on ones, has grunt, has size and ,has shown growing maturity as leader, yet many on here want to keep give him a belting.

Seems like a great Melbourne bloke to me.

Clearly I don't get it.

On the contrary, if he remains our captain, it underscores the atrociousness of our list. Let's not kid ourselves, his turn overs and decision making would see him in the reverses of every top 8 side. There are some real rose-coloured glasses put on, when it comes to Grimes.

And lol to the link between between veganism and Grimes' lack of muscle. Yep, there's a link, but we have a team of people that look after player diets. Do we not think they'd be on top of this? There are supplements if it was ever really that dire. I love meat, but what a ridiculous argument to mount.

For crying out loud ...

right, and you wont find vegans rabbiting on either maurie

• Like 1

right, and you wont find vegans rabbiting on either maurie

not sure if joke ...lol

You've really got no idea, have you? Just spout rubbisn off the top of your head as if it's true.

is that Spout or SPROUT?

Im sure it can be traced to his diet if he actually is vegan

Learning the difference between correlation and causation might be a start.
  • Like 2

Is he really a vegan?

The sheila down the road is one of those pinko multi coloured hair vegans,cant stand her and hope she lives until 110.

Seems like a "normal" person to me,except shes healthy.why do it,

A captain who consistantly make basic skill errors that cost the team, it's a concern

Leave this bloke alone,hes a gravedigger and is one i like,prepared to stand next to him in the trenches

Jack is a first round draft pick and 25 years old. I would expect him to be delivering more than he currently is. Lacks polish. I hope he has a big 2015 because as someone mentioned he is a barometer.

Jack is a first round draft pick and 25 years old. I would expect him to be delivering more than he currently is. Lacks polish. I hope he has a big 2015 because as someone mentioned he is a barometer.

You expect too much. There are MANY first round draft picks who aren't even in the system anymore.

So was Cale Morton and much higher. Jack was outside the top 10 and after 84 games, draft selection should have almost no bearing.