Jesse Hogan ~ new 2 year deal

Lucifers Hero

Really good news he has signed an extension until end of 2017. It would have been disastrous to lose him after his first contract without even playing a game after investing so much into getting him. Hopefully his back injury doesn't cause him long term issues and we can watch him become the gun he promises to be. Exciting!

• Like 2

I still think they will keep him out for the year, if the timing is try 4-5 weeks for Casey, a couple of games down there, if he is right hopefully we see him our last home game against GWS at the MCG and then he gets three games this year, we then get on him for NAB rising star next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last I heard from my best mate was that his training was going really well, Looking at getting some mentoring on a more frequent basis from Tom Hawkins

Not sure when he will pull on the boots again, he was hoping to play at some level this week, but i'm really not sure if he is there or not

The Tom Hawkins mentoring is interesting. I wonder if Roosy or PJ set that up? Maybe it was the Tomohawk off his own back? Either way, those chaps at Geelong seem genuinely empathetic of our plight (see Selwood's chat to Viney after they belted us). Great culture at that club.

The Tom Hawkins mentoring is interesting. I wonder if Roosy or PJ set that up? Maybe it was the Tomohawk off his own back? Either way, those chaps at Geelong seem genuinely empathetic of our plight (see Selwood's chat to Viney after they belted us). Great culture at that club.

Dan McPherson and Shannon Byrnes set it up, they felt Tommy Hawkins can teach Jesse a fair bit about using his body to monster defenders, obviously we are hoping Jesse will develop into a Mathew Pavlich type because of how mobile he is.

but yes, quite a few of our players are mentored by Geelong blokes, Trengove has been mentored by Ling for quite a while now.

^ is this a common practice? Or have we been so bad as a club that we don't even have our own who can mentor the young?

Peter Jackson has spoken publicly about previous administrations taking the leadership out of the locker room, Jesse was very close to Mitch, but since Mitch has moved on he really hasn't had that elite forward to watch, Dawes is a B grader with really good work ethic but I personally believe Jesse will be as good as that from the word go and should become much better.

we probably have 1 A grade player on our list so our younger players are having to go down this path a little bit

Trengove - Ling

Watts - Watson

Jesse - Hawkins

Viney - Selwood

I'm not sure about other players but I know it is fairly common practice at our club for players to talk to blokes from other sides, guys like Cross and Vince are starting to give us that senior core to follow into battle

correct me if I'm wrong, but i was at the game and watched what happened when they were shaking hands. Mackie was mouthing off to Viney still, and it looked like Selwood was too, i assume because of the sneaky elbows Viney was throwing at Selwood and others at the bottom of the packs (stuff you only see often when you are at the games).

It didn't look like a "friendly" convo at all, and Viney actually walked away from them shaking his head, kinda mouthing off still and semi-laughing before shaking another Geelong players hand.

Happy to be corrected, but that was just what i observed from the bottom level.

correct me if I'm wrong, but i was at the game and watched what happened when they were shaking hands. Mackie was mouthing off to Viney still, and it looked like Selwood was too, i assume because of the sneaky elbows Viney was throwing at Selwood and others at the bottom of the packs (stuff you only see often when you are at the games).

It didn't look like a "friendly" convo at all, and Viney actually walked away from them shaking his head, kinda mouthing off still and semi-laughing before shaking another Geelong players hand.

Good on Viney.. Mackie is a [censored] and Selwood receives enough special treatment off the umpires.

Football isn't a tickling contest.

• Like 2

Heard that on the radio aswell and you know whats frustrating,? Where was our more senior players sticking up for jack?

Disgraceful

Roos mentioned on the MFC website that Hogan trained yesterday. Hope he pulls up OK and is ready to don the boots

He was listed as 3-4 before the first week of round 18, which would have him at 1-2 weeks away now if all things progressed well.

Which would probably mean Casey next weekend (4 AFL matches left), if not the week after (3 AFL matches left).

Best we can probably hope for is a debut round 22 v West Coast in Perth in front of his friends and family. Or in the final round of the season v North. I'd settle for some good VFL games so that he's right for the preseason, but if he plays that will be great.

Heard that on the radio aswell and you know whats frustrating,? Where was our more senior players sticking up for jack?

Disgraceful

It is? Did you even see it?

Not to mention the fact it was reportedly only mouthing off - how soft do you think poor Viney is?

Can't imagine his feelings were too hurt or that he needed sticking up for.

Looked like a friendly convo to me on the tele...

Looked like a friendly convo to me on the tele.

Disgraceful

Well Rjay, i saw it live in person and it was mentioned on the radio by presenters who also saw it live (as mentioned by Dazzle

Davey) tat it wasn't the most friendliest of conversations.

Well Rjay, i saw it live in person and it was mentioned on the radio by presenters who also saw it live (as mentioned by Dazzle

Davey) tat it wasn't the most friendliest of conversations.

Not saying you are wrong just saying it looked a friendly enough chat, maybe our old mate 'Sat' can ask Jack next time at training.

• Like 1