GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jara im not nearly as fearful of stuffed selections now as I once was. No guarantees but better heads in charge now.

• Like 2

Not even a question... Chip will go to Hawthorn next week. Gibson and Lake on the way out, they need to spread the age of their list, they're premiership contenders, and were very impressive today. His best mate might be at Geelong but they aren't going anywhere fast (other than sliding down the ladder).

I don't really care where he goes. The team will be worse off for it and we will be better off

• Like 2

I don't really care where he goes. The team will be worse off for it and we will be better off

Disagree with the first half, agree with the second. Seems increasingly likely that his cards were stamped by Roos the moment he tried to play the club. The tail does not wag the dog, and Roos will achieve more with pick 3 than a man of Frawley's character will achieve in a career.

Disagree with the first half, agree with the second. Seems increasingly likely that his cards were stamped by Roos the moment he tried to play the club. The tail does not wag the dog, and Roos will achieve more with pick 3 than a man of Frawley's character will achieve in a career.

Why all the hate for a bloke who played 8 years at our club, wanted to look around to get his best deal and is then according to you, told to p-ss off by us?

• Like 2

Why all the hate for a bloke who played 8 years at our club, wanted to look around to get his best deal and is then according to you, told to p-ss off by us?

I think because the latter occurred after the former. If he was fully committed to the club both publicly and privately, and worked his ass off on field, Roos would've fought tooth and nail to keep him. From all appearances he's done everything but. Doesn't paint a great picture of the situation.

But that's purely my opinion, and I don't begrude Frawley. That's what FA has done to the game, and it's only going to get worse.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

You have my vote Redleg.

It was not his fault the team around him turned into a shambles

Really like what Roos did here. His view of forthcoming FA's was 'don't sign, don't play seniors'. For various reasons he couldn't do that with Chip.

Next best thing for Roos: 'don't sign, well there is the door'! No coming back. Sends clear message to other FA's: Don't stuff us around!

• Like 2

Agreed. Which put Chip in the awkward position of not letting the club know officially that he was leaving, lest he lose his match payments and be dropped for the remainder of the season. Would have made zero different to our pathetic losing streak from round 13 onwards.

It's a stance other clubs will probably take on principal alone. Why bother playing free agents that intend to leave when you could get experience into younger players, AND begin forming a team that can cope without said free agent factored into the game plan? Ergo, we had a defence completely devoid of Frawley for most of the year.

Roos at his most brilliant, not surprisingly.

You have my vote Redleg.

It was not his fault the team around him turned into a shambles

In a way it was as much his fault as anyones.

An eight year player should be a leader, especially one who was an AA not that long ago.

On field he should be setting examples that others feel obliged to follow and at training should be pushing the group to work hard to improve.

We lack this, and while he is not the only one who has failed in this he is as much a part of our problems as anyone else.

I hope he finds a new club willing to meet his expectations but will not be wishing him luck or thanking him for his efforts as they could have been so much more.

Yet another talent unfulfilled.

• Like 1

In a way it was as much his fault as anyones.

An eight year player should be a leader, especially one who was an AA not that long ago.

On field he should be setting examples that others feel obliged to follow and at training should be pushing the group to work hard to improve.

We lack this, and while he is not the only one who has failed in this he is as much a part of our problems as anyone else.

I hope he finds a new club willing to meet his expectations but will not be wishing him luck or thanking him for his efforts as they could have been so much more.

Yet another talent unfulfilled.

Hard to defend Chip and not begrudge him for leaving when our woes are as much his fault as anyones. He is part of the leadership group, yet sent a bloody awful message to the whole team by refusing to commit to us. Not to mention dropping his head on-field multiple times, plus the "get me out of here" message to Rivers (if true) obviously got around the club (Dawes Mad Monday constume). Everyone clearly had a whiff that he wasn't going to stay despite how much we'd improved in the first half of the season and treated him appropriately, players and fans alike.

He was as much a part of the problem as he was the solution. Simply saying you're "waiting to see how much we improve" reeks of letting others do the hard yards and not taking responsibility for your own performance.

• Like 3

Unfortunately the afl have created this situation .....Clubs @ the bottom will get raided of any good talent when they become free agents.. Clubs need to take responsibility of ensuring their environments are professional & conducive for players to want to stay... As we know the MFC have done a very poor job from 08-2013.... We also need to understand the lack of success will play in the decision making to Frawley & others seeking playing finals.

What the system was set up for to equalise talent thru the draft will also be compromised when clubs who have just won a flag are able to strengthen their list with free agency eg Frawley to Hawks & Swans with Tippett & Buddy... When it was designed to push out talent due to increase pressure on salary cap demands...

I might be wrong but this may create power teams who may continue to dominate????

• Like 1

Unfortunately the afl have created this situation .....Clubs @ the bottom will get raided of any good talent when they become free agents.. Clubs need to take responsibility of ensuring their environments are professional & conducive for players to want to stay... As we know the MFC have done a very poor job from 08-2013.... We also need to understand the lack of success will play in the decision making to Frawley & others seeking playing finals.

What the system was set up for to equalise talent thru the draft will also be compromised when clubs who have just won a flag are able to strengthen their list with free agency eg Frawley to Hawks & Swans with Tippett & Buddy... When it was designed to push out talent due to increase pressure on salary cap demands...

I might be wrong but this may create power teams who may continue to dominate????

I think it already has, can you see anyone else playing off for the flag next year?

• Like 1

I don't hold anything at all against Chip for leaving. We played our last final two months before he was drafted, and he's spent 8 years (more than half of his career) at a club that has been disastrous on-field. Meanwhile, our midfield has been routinely slaughtered and he has manfully beaten his opponent while under siege week after week. By leaving to the highest bidder, he'll be doing us a solid favour with pick 3 coming our way. Hopefully he signs somewhere on Friday and we commence the trade period on the Monday with pick 3 in our pocket.

• Like 4

Geelong will give him the least amount of money of any club. Freo and Hawks will offer more, and GWS and Gold Coast will easily offer overs.

Hawks seems an obvious choice for him. If he were wise he wouldn't choose Geelong purely because of his best mate. They're on the slide and things will only get worse as Bartel, Johnson, etc. retire. Hawks, different story.

• Like 1

I don't hold anything at all against Chip for leaving. We played our last final two months before he was drafted, and he's spent 8 years (more than half of his career) at a club that has been disastrous on-field. Meanwhile, our midfield has been routinely slaughtered and he has manfully beaten his opponent while under siege week after week. By leaving to the highest bidder, he'll be doing us a solid favour with pick 3 coming our way. Hopefully he signs somewhere on Friday and we commence the trade period on the Monday with pick 3 in our pocket.

And what was he doing to make us better for all this time? Waiting for someone else to come along and get us going.

• Like 4

That's all very well but it doesn't excuse the way he played this year. If he gave his all and showed leadership instead of protecting himself for next year I might have more respect.

• Like 2

There are essentially two types of players. Those that want to set the pace and those that want to follow.

Chips lazy

• Like 1

There are still too many nuff nuff supporters spinning the 'he gave us eight years of service' line as if it excuses the way he carried himself this year. Talking about his past is irrelevant when posters are merely expressing their disappointment with aspects of Frawley's game and behaviour this year.

It just amazes me that supporters are still so content with mediocrity.

Frawley is part of the virus. It's vlear as day he has little care for helping the club improve and obviously he doesn't see himself as someone who wants to reshape it as others have already pointed out. He doesn't want the responsibility. But then again, I don't believe he has the capacity to help change the club. He is too conditioned. He is too easily influenced and not nearly self-driven or conscious enough to be a player who can be the catalyst for change.

He is part of the virus, and I'm looking forward to him going. I don't wish him any success or failure. He is of little significance.

A minnow, and one that will be forgotten quickly as our club steadily improves over the years.

• Like 7

I think there are still too many nuff nuff supporters who blame Frawley for our mediocrity, rather than seeing he has become a product of it.

I can't say that I've ever read anyone blaming Frawley for the mediocrity of the club, anywhere.

And I'd love you to point out some of these posts suggesting Frawley is to blame.

Edited by stevethemanjordan