Training - Wednesday, 16th April, 2014

as am i, but there is no rush to slam him into the side.

10 VFL games minimum for me.

I would like Salem to spend the whole year at Casey unless he starts to consistently dominate - same goes for Toumpas. Casey allows them to develop their game and try things that they might not be able to do under the spot light (AFL) - also can provide them with great confidence. Also allows them to be in a winning/competitive culture.

I am hoping that both Salem and Toumpas can develop their game to the point that when they come into AFL they will be hard at it and able take their time with the ball/use their speed. Toump should definitely work on his speed (don't want him ending up like Trenners).

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

Let's not mention any of the whatifs, hindsight is a wonderful thing, let's mention Tyson got tagged by an oppisition 17 games into his career, he has been averaging 30 disposals in his games, he will get used to being tagged, he is feeling more and more comfortable as each game passes (he told me).

Salem will be allowed time to develop his game and have no pressure, we all know what additional pressure can do to players.......playing against men for only the second time, they played him as a forward, still got quite a few touches and kicked a couple of goals, what's not to like......reason he is being taken slowly at the moment forgot he has a bit of a wrist injury, nothing serious....I always forget the footy bits

Toumpas after one game back. enjoying his footy, looked a completely different player at the weekend

The modern game concerns me, it can chew up and spit out young kids at an alarming rate

Not just the game 'Sat' it appears to be the modern world and as you know it's not just kids.

As for Tyson, I was happy for us to pick him up and he hasn't let me down. Will be a champ.

There is nothing wrong with judging that trade. It may be a little premature, but discussing its merits doesn't stop just because it can't be reversed.

Imagine if you didn't discuss things just because they happened in the past.

What would happen to the History Channel?

Edited by rpfc

There is nothing wrong with judging that trade. It may be a little premature, but discussing its merits doesn't stop just because it can't be reversed.

What would happen to the History Channel?Pwer

Personally I find those type of discussions tiresome, the outcome can't change, and it opens the door for the small anti everything group that inhabit a corner of this forum where it is always cloudy and raining

Personally I find those type of discussions tiresome, the outcome can't change, and it opens the door for the small anti everything group that inhabit a corner of this forum where it is always cloudy and raining

and the pies are cold and the beer is warm

Shall we talk about Schwab, Neeld, McLardy and Lyon then?

You seem to have changed your tune.

not to mention my greatest moments :)

Re: the Jetta talk. I feel we've never really had a chance to see what he's capable of and that's why I'd be keen for him to be promoted to the senior list and given another chance. Remember clubs take mature age rookies every year and that's what Jetta is, it's just he's been at our club all this time and not a VFL club. A second chance would be massive motivation for someone in his position.

I see no rush on bring Toumpas back and giving Salem a debut, both their times will come buts what's important is they be allowed to grow and develop without the spotlight and demands of long suffering fans on them.

• Like 2

people mentioning the Salem-Tyson-Kelly trade

You have to remember we gave up pick 20 as well which became Luke Dunstan (taken by St Kilda) so you cant mention the trade without mentioning him or at least that we gave up pick 20

That pick, after compensation selections became pick 22 and ended up with Brisbane - who selected Darcy Gardiner.

Oops.

Dunstan went at 18

Oops my bad

Just double checked,. I was right about it being pick 20 but it ended up being pick 22 cos the compensation picks pushed it down

pick 22 was Darcy Gardiner, taken by the Lions after GWS on traded our pick to them

After reading all that I think its just easier and probably more accurate to compare it as Josh Kelly vs Salem + Tyson

So in other words Ill shut up and admit happily the MFC made out like bandits on that deal

• Like 1

Oops my bad

Just double checked,. I was right about it being pick 20 but it ended up being pick 22 cos the compensation picks pushed it down

pick 22 was Darcy Gardiner, taken by the Lions after GWS on traded our pick to them

After reading all that I think its just easier and probably more accurate to compare it as Josh Kelly vs Salem + Tyson

So in other words Ill shut up and admit happily the MFC made out like bandits on that deal

I like that someone is happy to admit they got it wrong. Well done HH. I was in your boat too about this one. Move over, I'm jumping in with you.

• Like 1

You don't miss a chance do you BB.

It depends on what chance you're talking about. If you're talking about the people I've mentioned I've ignored more chances than you could imagine.

But I like consistency from posters on their attitude to issues.

Let's not mention any of the whatifs, hindsight is a wonderful thing, let's mention Tyson got tagged by an oppisition 17 games into his career, he has been averaging 30 disposals in his games, he will get used to being tagged, he is feeling more and more comfortable as each game passes (he told me).

Not only that, he got tagged by Carazzo, who's got to be right up on the top level of taggers in the game.

It shows Malthouse's opinion abut Tyson's quality.

It depends on what chance you're talking about. If you're talking about the people I've mentioned I've ignored more chances than you could imagine.

Demonland? Yeah, good luck with that! :)

I was joking - i should have used that stupid smiley face or some other similarly daft emoticon but i can't stand them.

I also like consistency from posters, though i must say i also like it when posters change their views as a result of logical discussion

I was joking - i should have used that stupid smiley face or some other similarly daft emoticon but i can't stand them.

I also like consistency from posters, though i must say i also like it when posters change their views as a result of logical discussion

This thread's developing a massive cloud of unreality. Consistency??? Logical discussion???

:)

Now you mention, Jimmy T was not at training yesterday, easy to forget when so many players out on the track, so no shows

Spencer, Toumpas, Hogan, Michie

Just on another note, hopefully Harmes keeps developing, he is a seriously big unit, you can see why we took a chance and rookied him, kicks beautifully as well

And finally missed by unscheduled media appearance, was wandering around the new Emporium in city, not by choice haha

Michie had a plate inserted in his jaw and two wisdom teeth removed. Hardly surprising he did not train. Has now been cleared for non contact training (Wednesday)

• Like 2

Shall we talk about Schwab, Neeld, McLardy and Lyon then?

You seem to have changed your tune.

I never tell people to stop discussing a topic. What is the point? This is an Internet forum - people can write what they like, if I pushed people to back up their arguments then that is what you are misinterpreting.

I have made the point that 'moving on' is healthy but no skin off my nose if you want to Moloko.

Very light duties for Christian.

...especially over the Easter weekend ???

Would love to see Jetta make it...

Hope he gets a chance soon.

He has had chances, that's why he was delisted.

Next.

rpfc - yes I would like to see how he goes now he is fit, and has a coach who understands players and footy

if nevs playing consistent good footy, he will get a game, simple as that. the past doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Re: the Jetta talk. I feel we've never really had a chance to see what he's capable of and that's why I'd be keen for him to be promoted to the senior list and given another chance. Remember clubs take mature age rookies every year and that's what Jetta is, it's just he's been at our club all this time and not a VFL club. A second chance would be massive motivation for someone in his position.

I see no rush on bring Toumpas back and giving Salem a debut, both their times will come buts what's important is they be allowed to grow and develop without the spotlight and demands of long suffering fans on them.

My main concern is that his vfl form will not transpose into afl form. (Another Magner perhaps)

Don't get me wrong I hope he does well but am just concerned about this.

Time will tell.