Paul Roos on AFL360

It does not seem we can agree on much this last 24 hours ManDee

I find two things above to be funny

- You are on a fan chat site not everyone is going to have the same opinion, To then suggest that because someone has a different opinion they are whingers and trying pull down the club is strange. Do you really think that anything on here effects the way the club was run and how the players played over the last two years. The real reason we are poor is we have poor players plain and simple.

- the members and supporters have put up with almost a decade of terrible performances on and off the field without much whinging until recent times. The fact there are still 33000 paid up members tells you they still want success.

Not everyone is going to agree with you accept it.

Differing opinions are fine, but the constant complaints and character assassination (including comments about penis flaccidity) is tiresome.

If the coach we dreamed of having is happy to select Watts and we disagree perhaps we could say, "Watts could do more, I'd like to see him run harder and stick tackles but Roos must see something that I don't."

My personal view is that a rest could be good for Watts, I was not happy with last weeks performance. Roos says he was not the biggest problem, I agree.

Your second point about anything on here effecting the club and the players I would say yes. This forum can be a breeding ground for dissent. At games people that may have read posts here may be more likely to voice disapproval, as they may feel they have support in their feelings. Having someone shouting at you in the players race saying that you are a "limp rooster" does not help. That can do damage.

I don't need everyone to agree with me, that would be boring. I can be wrong, it is good to have that pointed out, and when wrong I have apoligised or accepted correction. I like to disagree with you from time to time.

Haha what drivel - you do realise this is a discussion forum where people discuss, analyse and critique all things AFL and MFC? I find it so hilarious when people get an overinflated sense of importance that what they write on an Internet forum actually has a bearing on the performance of their club and players. There's a couple of prime examples in this thread, people who seem to make it their mission to steer Demonland.com "on the right course". Give me a spell.

Also if you can't appreciate the difference between what is said publicly and what may be thought privately and if you can't form thoughts and opinions on your own, what's the point of posting here? So let me get this straight, if Watts plays this week that means I'm wrong but if he is dropped that means I'm right and you'll agree only because Roos and the footy club have made the decision for you? For gods sake get of the fence and assess the facts on their own and form an opinion of your own, god knows how some people get by in life just believing everything that is served up to them. Baaaa!

Thanks for captioning your work Haha what drivel. That encapsulates what you go on to say.

If you are so naive to believe that what is written in a public forum can have no effect on another you are misguided.

If someone here named you and continually questioned your manhood I don't think you would be happy (I assume you are male) and it could have a deleterious effect on your performance.

As far as who is in the best position to decide on whether a player is worth picking I stand by my assertion that that is the coach's job and if Roos picks Watts then OK. Personally as I have said elsewhere I think Watts needs a rest but the coach knows best, he is after all paid to make the tough decisions.

Here we go the two bob experts. Drop Watts, do this, do that.

Guess what, there is a bloke being paid millions of dollar,s a bloke who has coached a premiership side, a bloke who knows a hell of a lot more than you naysayers and he says Watts is not the biggest problem, that Watts should play this week.

Now if Roos says play Watts then I agree with him, the rest of you keyboard champions can pull your heads in.

I support the Melbourne FC , Paul Roos, the players and supporters you whingers need to realise that you are not supporting your club by tearing down players and decisions of the FD.

So in future when I read posts that disagree with our coach I will immediately realise that you are not a Melbourne supporter, you are a whinging loser, prepared to undermine the best chance of success we have had in over 20 years.

Well, that's a load of rubbish. MFC supporters can still question the decisions of the FD. Jesus, they've got every right, especially considering the last decade.

• Like 1

Well, that's a load of rubbish. MFC supporters can still question the decisions of the FD. Jesus, they've got every right, especially considering the last decade.

English may be a second language to you, but I have no problem with questioning decisions.

What I said was "you whingers need to realise that you are not supporting your club by tearing down players and decisions of the FD."

I am talking to the miscreants that say things about players penis flaccidity. If a player won't tackle or run, fine say that. But personal insults are demeaning.

• Like 1

He's still posting over at BF.

Been quick to tell everyone he was the FIRST Melbourne supporter to ever question Jack Watts. lol

Comedy Gold. I'm wondering if he is also so quick to tell everyone how he was the first to pick that Nik Nat would be such a great player. He was glowing in his praise of NN in about equal measure to his derisiveness of Watts.

As I've said earlier I genuinely believe Watts thinks he is giving as much effort as he can and probably knows he has to improve but doesn't know how because he is trying as hard as he can. The same was apparently true of Ablett after his first few years. Thought he was working as hard as he could and was doing enough to be a regular senior player. The other players confronted him about it and told him he was actually doing the bare minimum rather than pushing himself to his limits and he took it on board and became the most dominant player in the comp. Now Watts probably doesn't have that potential but the comparison seems appropriate - he probably thinks he is doing as much as he physically can when in fact he is doing the bare minimum. It starts on the track and runs through to game day.

I'm not potting him or think we should immediately delist him but I seriously can't see why people don't think he would benefit from a run in the two's. If he was told he was going back for 4-6 weeks to work on some deficiencies in his game and would be brought back in once he had ironed those out isn't that better for all concerned rather than continuing on in the seniors putting in his half efforts and continuing to be placed under the microscope of media and supporters? I don't want him dropped as punishment, I genuinely think it would be the best thing for his career to have to work on his game and the "efforts" at Casey before coming back to senior footy.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

The thing about dropping him though is that it's been done before. A few times if I'm not mistaken. Neeld did it at least once for a couple of weeks. He performed well and came back, but the issues with him remain.

It's in Roo's hands. And Jack's, obviously. Time and faith is running low.

Is there any merit in Watt's shadowing Crossy and learning from the best trainer at the club?

It's been 6 years.

There's only one man who can help Watts. He has to take responsibility for his game and efforts.

i've given up hope he will.

no doubt he'll play a good game soon but what about 5,10,15 games afterwards.

Hoping he can string up a few good games and we sell.

The thing about dropping him though is that it's been done before. A few times if I'm not mistaken. Neeld did it at least once for a couple of weeks. He performed well and came back, but the issues with him remain.

It's in Roo's hands. And Jack's, obviously. Time and faith is running low.

See I think that's a bit of a myth.

Obviously at stages in his first years in 2009 and 2010 he was out of the side. But 2011 he played a full year. 2012 he was dropped then came back and played good footy in the backline before injury and never recovering his form. 2013 he was sat out a week after failing as a defender and then actually played some ok footy down the stretch last year when back forward (ie the opposite of 2012).

If anything he seems to play better after a spell in the 2's. Which might reinforce that he gets more confidence going down a level and coming back up.

• Like 2

Remind me what he did to get droppped?

A lot less than [censored] Watts

why say something so stupid like that, he plays for Melbourne not one of the other 17 teams, how about giving our players a bit of support!!!!

People see what they want to see!!!

I sat on the IQ last night watching the game pausing at stoppages and when they panned out watching what players were doing and who was picking up who etc

Watts was fine... He ran with his man all the time and didn't not put in... Occasionally he should of hit an opponent hard who was shepherding him but he choose to stay on his feet and be involved in the next play, whilst I don't agree with his decision it's obvious that it's a coaching directive to be on the outside... Most of his tackles effected the disposal of the swans player although again I would prefer he ride them to the ground

He wasnt great but the response in this thread is of people who have never played the game... A perfect example is cross was 3m behind jack at a stoppage and jack ran from half back to his fwd 50 to kick a goal(1st qtr I think ) ... Cross was 3 to 5 behind him the whole way but couldn't catch him and he turned to watts and said something and people blame watts!!! Watts was running back covering the corridor( what he should have done) and should never of went to jack who just outrun cross but people blame watts!!!

It's the same as people watching our mids have 30 touches each and only 31 inside 50s and thinking it was our Fwds who had a bad game!!! Some need to watch the game and the positioning not the stats sheet

Rant over

• Like 7

People see what they want to see!!!

I sat on the IQ last night watching the game pausing at stoppages and when they panned out watching what players were doing and who was picking up who etc

Watts was fine... He ran with his man all the time and didn't not put in... Occasionally he should of hit an opponent hard who was shepherding him but he choose to stay on his feet and be involved in the next play, whilst I don't agree with his decision it's obvious that it's a coaching directive to be on the outside... Most of his tackles effected the disposal of the swans player although again I would prefer he ride them to the ground

He wasnt great but the response in this thread is of people who have never played the game... A perfect example is cross was 3m behind jack at a stoppage and jack ran from half back to his fwd 50 to kick a goal(1st qtr I think ) ... Cross was 3 to 5 behind him the whole way but couldn't catch him and he turned to watts and said something and people blame watts!!! Watts was running back covering the corridor( what he should have done) and should never of went to jack who just outrun cross but people blame watts!!!

It's the same as people watching our mids have 30 touches each and only 31 inside 50s and thinking it was our Fwds who had a bad game!!! Some need to watch the game and the positioning not the stats sheet

Rant over

This issue is much simpler than we're making it. The flowchart goes like this:

Is Jack Watts currently in our best 22?

If yes, then play him

If no, then drop him.

It's that simple.

That might make sense if a team is pushing for a flag or a win to get into the top 4 or 8. But I'm not sure such a rigid view is appropriate for a team trying to develop both players and its game.

Demonland puts me off being a supporter. You people talk so much rubbish it's embarrassing to be a demons supporter. Feel free to post your worst, I will not be on again to read your delightful responses. Adios morons!

Ah Ben Hur you are leaving us again. Thank Christ. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. And lock it, we don't want you back here again.

Because the intimation was that women are weak. They are only weak because they can't turn down my perfectly sculpted buttocks.

I don't think this is Ben Hur's new screen identity, unless he's thicker than I remember him being.

. Pure comedy gold. Calls people morons and makes a grand statement that he would never be back on DL again. Posts the above not 3 minutes later. Also cant help but make clear he is bh. Just in case people didn't understand his genius. You rascal you with your ability to create new identities. Gold Edited by binman

. Pure comedy gold. Calls people morons and makes a grand statement that he would never be back on DL again. Posts the above not 3 minutes later. Also cant help but make clear he is bh. Just in case people didn't understand his genius. You rascal you with your ability to create new identities. Gold

I don't think it is him.

• Like 2

Demonland puts me off being a supporter. You people talk so much rubbish it's embarrassing to be a demons supporter. Feel free to post your worst, I will not be on again to read your delightful responses. Adios morons!

ahah you are the idiot that is hanging out with us. Those who hang out with fools only increase the number of fools