POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Unlike a certain person I am feeling really depressed at the way the club is playing at the moment but unlike a certain player I won't pack up my bags and run way from a team that needs me desperately not as player but as a paid up supporter who struggles every year to pay his membership .I will be here in South Australia barracking my heart out as I have done for the last 46 years.and please if that certain player happens to read this through first or secondhand JEEZ MATE WE REALLY NEED YOU PLEASE COME BACK ASAP

• Like 1

The way I see it is we're looking at a generation of failure at this club (i.e. 10+ years in the bottom half) and if this doesn't see the club fold or merge I'll be very surprised. I'm not advocating tearing up memberships or not renewing if you haven't already as that will simply accelerate what is seemingly inevitable. Two games in and the season is shot for what is it now, the 8th year in a row!? I can't watch them play any more (living in Perth by the way), because I become angry, despondant, and finally depressed. My 6 year old son was barracking for the Dees at the start of the game but after the end of the first half had simply gone off to play in the other room as he wasn't at all interested in hanging around to see a team get blown apart. I don't blame him. I think we're looking at the end of the Demons supporter base with my generation X, maybe some in the 90s who witnessed the yo-yo Daniher years (sadly years and memories that I crave so badly now), but surely our support base from those born in the late 90s onwards must be close to nil. How is that sustainable?

We're royally screwed.

Sadly I agree. Roos is our last hope. We need to keep Roos and the AFL need to allocate us 2 PP's at years end.

If we lose Clark and Frawley, then things are going to get FAR worse, I do agree that we cannot sustain much worse than present.

Take Cox, Kennedy, Darling, Sinclair out if their side and see how the result is.

Jamar, Clark, Dawes, hogan

We held the ball well, just lacked confidence going forward, which is to be expected. The game was a lot worse on the score board than actually was during the game.

Fitzy is struggling as a lone target, max gawn is a certain inclusion for next week!

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

Sadly I agree. Roos is our last hope. We need to keep Roos and the AFL need to allocate us 2 PP's at years end.

If we lose Clark and Frawley, then things are going to get FAR worse, I do agree that we cannot sustain much worse than present.

Is that fair on the rest of the competition though? Like Bruce and Denis were saying during the call, our bottoming out couldn't have happened at a worse time in the history of the competition as the talent pool to replenish us was diluted by the entrance of the two expansion clubs. But we still made an absolute hash of things in the drafting and development department so in essence dug our grave. The fact that our most experienced players have never seen any success at the Dees just seems to be resulting in a viscious downward spiral of confidence and results, and all the new players are just continuing the de-evolution process as they are mentored by a bunch of serial failures (not slagging Roos, I'm talking about the other players here). Do we deserve PP's because of the club's adiministration failures? I think 17 other clubs would strongly (and rightly) argue no way.

We won the contested and uncontested possessions, the tackle count, 1%'s and took more marks inside 50. Our efficiency was 72% to 74%.

Got to ask the question, am I reading the stats correctly? Unbelievable we can get towelled up by that much with those numbers.

• Like 3

What is really sad is that the 'carrot' the Roos was holding, to improve %age, has been totally blown out of the water. %age is now 42.4. Makes it really tough to help players build belief and keep hope alive in us supporters. A very, very sad day to see this goal shattered so early in the season.

So the first quarter was absolutely diabolical, nothing to praise from it, it was pure cow dung.

After that, from my perspective at least, it was very similar in terms of general play as last week. We had the ball, at times we looked like having a promising thrust forward but we had no one to kick to that could take a mark (even uncontested ). The reason why the margin this week is so horrendous is because west coast have the class and forward line to make us pay. Last week the saints had reiwoldt to punish us, and he was the difference.

I'm disgusted with the scoreline, but it's hard to work out where we're at with no forward line.

Stats say we're getting enough of it, we need to start making it count.

• Like 2

Happy with the improvement

They beat us at the MCG last season by 96 points

This time it was only 93

Great effort boys

As Charlie would say WINNING !!!!

Take whatever we can get for Trengove at the end of this year. When a midfielder is being overtaken on the lead by Eric Mackenzie he's got no future at the top level.

If Trengove doesn't improve and have a decent year even in losing results he should be up for trade I agree.

The guy doesn't cut it...captain or not. Slower than a sloth...this is AFL..NOT VFL..

• Like 1

Might sound a bit harsh, but Trengove and Watts can now finally be added to the drafting/development failure list at MFC, not looking very good for Toumpas either (how slow is he?).

• Like 1

How does David Misson have a job? I'm no sports scientist but I reckon I could have written a program that would have had one of Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Gawn and Jamar on the park.

None have played in a real game in over 6 months yet he has none of them right

• Like 1

. Do we deserve PP's because of the club's adiministration failures? I think 17 other clubs would strongly (and rightly) argue no way.

No, we don't.. But the alternative is that we aren't competitive, cannot attract members or retain players - ultimately we get worse and fold.

If the AFL are confident that we now have a competent board and structure in place, then they will need to allocate us draft picks.

I agree that other clubs will go up in arms, but there is no other alternative.

We are paying for bad drafting.. Morton, Gysberts, Cook, Maric, Strauss. Not to mention a raft of others.

These picks are now coming to bite us, you can't bottom out, draft poorly and expect things to improve just because Paul Roos is in charge.

• Like 2

I like Trengove, but I've seen Shane Watson chase balls to the boundary quicker than some of his efforts out there today. I remember when Scully and Trengove were going to lead us to the promised land. I'm sure he will still have an OK career, but he's terribly disappointing for a #2 pick.

How does David Misson have a job? I'm no sports scientist but I reckon I could have written a program that would have had one of Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Gawn and Jamar on the park.

I agree.. Not to mention Toumpas, it was evident last year that he was weak through the core - nothing has changed.

• Like 1

I like Trengove, but I've seen Shane Watson chase balls to the boundary quicker than some of his efforts out there today. I remember when Scully and Trengove were going to lead us to the promised land. I'm sure he will still have an OK career, but he's terribly disappointing for a #2 pick.

5th season mate.

He aint going to get quicker.

He cannot play in the midfield being that slow.

• Like 1