New sponsor - China Southern Airlines

old dee

please...no lacist jokes here

lets just say Xièxiè :rolleyes:

Or perhaps (from my thoughts regarding them), 中国南方航空公司吸我的

Edited by hardtack

While as usual we don't know the details, on the face of it you'd have to give CS some credit for the new deal which PJ has finalised regardless of the Energywatch fiasco.

I have had a lot of dealings with big companies in Asia, particularly Japan, in my work. It takes a long time to get a relationship started. But usually once it is, confidence grows and it gets deep and lasts a long time. One I was involved in is still going after 27 years.

Congratulations on that Sue. You must be pleased.

Anyway, back to the MFC. Full praise to PJ..... CS, not so.

While as usual we don't know the details, on the face of it you'd have to give CS some credit for the new deal which PJ has finalised regardless of the Energywatch fiasco.

I have had a lot of dealings with big companies in Asia, particularly Japan, in my work. It takes a long time to get a relationship started. But usually once it is, confidence grows and it gets deep and lasts a long time. One I was involved in is still going after 27 years.

Something Moonshadow has never experienced.

• Like 2

Well done to the club for landing China Southern. I was told when they pulled out of negotiations in early April last year that Cameron Schwab and his team at the club put in almost two years of hard work only to miss out on getting them across the line. My guess is they baulked at signing on during the height of our woes at the start of last season but someone involved from our club persisted and with PJ's authority we succeeded in the end.

Let's hope the team out on the ground matches that persistence.

• Like 3

maybe they are platinum plus?

Platinum plus sponsors appear to be alternating shorts sponsors.

I doubt there's room for a 3rd, as it would decrease the frequency of the other sponsors appearing.

New Age Caravans, as current "platinum sponsors", appear prominently on the coaches' uniforms, as I'd expect CSA to do.

If we can cultivate the relationship with China Southern Airlines like the Pies have done with Etihad, we would do very well.

If we can cultivate the relationship with China Southern Airlines like the Pies have done with Etihad, we would do very well.

The two Airline regions with any real clout.. Middle East and China

if not one, foolish to ignore the other

• Like 2

Good news.

Well done MFC .

I suspect that Colonel Tom Parker may have helped get this deal done.

He is also no doubt responsible for the China trip which saw Max Yawn on Scully.

When that Irish gnome succeeds in destroying Qantas they could be our national carrier.

• Like 2

Congratulations on that Sue. You must be pleased.

Anyway, back to the MFC. Full praise to PJ..... CS, not so.

I wasn't leaving the MFC. The point I was making is that a relationship with these companies can take a long time to start, but can last a long time. Could be great for the MFC.

So probably some praise to CS and maybe more to PJ, but we don't know the details of how it evolved so we can't apportion credit.

• Like 1

Good news.

Well done MFC .

I suspect that Colonel Tom Parker may have helped get this deal done.

He is also no doubt responsible for the China trip which saw Max Yawn on Scully.

When that Irish gnome succeeds in destroying Qantas they could be our national carrier.

Given half a chance they will snap up as much of QF as possible...

Weren't too bad when I flew with them. I spent most of my time trying to tune onto the chick sitting next to me. Inflight meals were pretty limited and was mostly woodchipper chicken (i.e. a chicken thrown into a woodchipper and whatever came out the other side was served).
Good work from the MFC. Hard to proportion praise for this one so it's best to give a blanket 'well done'.

About $500K a year according to my sources within the club.

This is, I believe, the fastest growing airline in the world. I real coup.

If I remember correctly a few yrs ago didn't we have a major sponsor for the same $$$$ as this one? I think it was either handkook or kasper.

Amazing how things change with a good administration in place.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.