• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The 2014 AFL National Draft

Whispering_Jack

Ahh ok, no I havent seen him play but they talked him up in that article on the AFL website

"Medium midfielder whose athletic traits allow him to continually outwork his opposition. Uses the ball very well by foot and has good game sense. Averaged 19.3 disposals, at 69 per cent efficiency in three matches at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Plays for the Sandringham Dragons in the TAC Cup but was eligible under state of origin rules to play for NSW/ACT."

They talk everyone up. Have you seen a comment that says a player is no good and not a chance to make it in AFL footy.

Terry Wallace now has Peter Wright at 1 in the TAC cup future stars rolling draft.

Petracca @ 2

McCartin @ 3

Brayshaw @ 4

Wonder what our football department has? Hopefully they are making up their own minds this time

Love to see:

Trade: Jack Grimes in exchange for late 2rd rounder

Delist: Blease (perhaps re-recruit in Rookie Draft), Strauss, Nicholson, Evans, Tapscott, Clizby, McKenzie

Retire: Byrnes

Free Agent: James Frawley, obtain pick 3

Pick 2: Offer to GWS for Treloar & 3rd rounder (unsigned after 2015)

Pick 3: Petracca/ Brayshaw/ Heeney/ Wright

Pick 22: Weller/ Duggan/ Marchbank/ Goddard

Pick 35ish: Billy Sketch

Pick 42: Best Key Defender

Pick 60: Inside Midfielder

Pick 62ish: Inside Midfielder

Pick 78: Small Defender

Free Agent: Malceski

If we take any free agents then we don't receive the same compensation for losing Frawley as we would otherwise.

We've already been dumb enough to do it once before after losing Rivers and Moloney, can't see us doing it again with intelligent people running the show.

I'm sick of the talk of trading pick 2 to GWS for whatever, we are continuously topping up their list.

We should keep pick 2 and look to trade pick 3, unless we receive a godfather offer.

We did well out of last years trade but would need something at least as good to remotely contemplate it.

The saints will be looking to see if they can trade the first draft pick for some good young talent, which is probably to the GWS. I suspect the GWS will probably still be interested in off loading some other players for 2nd or 3rd pick to keep topping up their talent pool with the very best in each year that they can.

I'm sick of the talk of trading pick 2 to GWS for whatever, we are continuously topping up their list.

We should keep pick 2 and look to trade pick 3, unless we receive a godfather offer.

We did well out of last years trade but would need something at least as good to remotely contemplate it.

Sorry to say this but we really are looking at trading pick 2. I am told gws might be the go for 4 and a player. They really want petracca.

If this happens, I would look to trading 4 out as well. Some clubs will be trying to get hold of wright. We could do another trade down for 6,7 or 8 and a player. We could look at laverde or ahern around there.

I think Brayshaw would be pick 3.

• Like 1

Sorry to say this but we really are looking at trading pick 2. I am told gws might be the go for 4 and a player. They really want petracca.

If this happens, I would look to trading 4 out as well. Some clubs will be trying to get hold of wright. We could do another trade down for 6,7 or 8 and a player. We could look at laverde or ahern around there.

I think Brayshaw would be pick 3.

Source?

(no names, but inside the club?)

Edited by Demon Disciple

Seems very Roos-like to trade out our high picks in exchange for a player + pick. Interesting if they then continue to trade each successive pick out for a player and another pick. In theory we could do that 3 or 4 times before the pick becomes too diluted and the players we'd get in return wouldn't be worth the trouble.

And that's just one of our (probably) two top 3 picks. I'd be staggered if we're not already talking with the Bulldogs who must be desperate for Wright or McCartin. Depending on the Saints intentions (GWS and Colonwood both come into play here as they want Petracca) with pick 1, we could do very well out of these picks.

In short, trading them is a no brainer.

Seems very Roos-like to trade out our high picks in exchange for a player + pick. Interesting if they then continue to trade each successive pick out for a player and another pick. In theory we could do that 3 or 4 times before the pick becomes too diluted and the players we'd get in return wouldn't be worth the trouble.

And that's just one of our (probably) two top 3 picks. I'd be staggered if we're not already talking with the Bulldogs who must be desperate for Wright or McCartin. Depending on the Saints intentions (GWS and Colonwood both come into play here as they want Petracca) with pick 1, we could do very well out of these picks.

In short, trading them is a no brainer.

Who would we specifically trade them for that would make this a no brainer?

Stringer, Shiel, Beams, crikey..anyone. Bulldogs need a KPF, they can spare a midfielder. Giants have talent all over the field. Buckley's in the middle of a rebuild and not averse to trading out senior players, as evidenced by the broom he swept through the list last year.

The reason it's a no brainer is because you know the type of player you're getting when you trade them in. Different story with high pick draftees, as we should all be painfully aware of by now.

Stringer, Shiel, Beams, crikey..anyone. Bulldogs need a KPF, they can spare a midfielder. Giants have talent all over the field. Buckley's in the middle of a rebuild and not averse to trading out senior players, as evidenced by the broom he swept through the list last year.

The reason it's a no brainer is because you know the type of player you're getting when you trade them in. Different story with high pick draftees, as we should all be painfully aware of by now.

If they would trade Stringer I would do it in a heartbeat, would be a gun mid/forward for us.

I hate GWS and if Saints really want Mccartin then I would not be giving GWS Pick 2 so they can get hold of Petracca, I'd be trading Pick 3 just to put someone else in front of them who may be eyeing off Wright or Brayshaw.

If GWS want Petracca so badly then I want one of their absolute guns in return that being Treloar or Shiel. About time we started becoming as difficult as some of the other clubs

• Like 4

I can't understand why we would trade pick 2 & miss out on a gun mid like Petracca. Where is the sense in that? You should always take the best available in the draft & he sounds like it. I'm sick of us stuffing up big time at the draft table so by overlooking Petracca & taking a less quality player in Brayshaw makes no sense at all.

No way in hell Stringer would be on the move, after suffering a potentially career-ending injury before even being drafted, the year he has had just shows how much more upside there is to him.

That's why the trade proposition is probably not going to happen. The Dogs are in desperate need of a key forward, we have the keys to either Wright or maybe McCartin. We are not going to give that up for Hrovat, if they want, they have to trade and it would have to be Griffen, Stringer or McRae plus a pick...and they haven't got the balls to make that happen. They have nothing else of interest really, maybe Libba...

Same with GWS as 'Pennant' has just said above, they will need to give up something really good if they are desperate for Petracca. The Saints have first shot at it but for us we would want one of their guns plus their first pick. How desperate are they? probably not that desperate but who knows.

Collingwood? do they have what we want...maybe Beams or Sidebottom but I would want more. If they can manufacture something like a pick inside the top 8 as well. Can't see them putting their money where their mouths are.

So where does this magical trade come from. Well the Tyson one was from left field so lets wait and see.

I can't believe after the last 7 years people are still talking about Petrecca etc as 'guns' when he is a potential gun. how many times should we get burnt by assuming these kids will be a Judd or Dangerfield? Im not saying we should trade out all picks but we need to treat all picks as a risk. With top 5 picks you have about 50% chance of a very good or star player. the other 50% are either just ok or injured or just no good. (not basing this on any evidence :-) )

so the question is, are these guys good enough to warrant us taking the risk on, or is there better players on AFL lists we can trade in? Is petrecca as good as a Whitfield/Treloar or more of a O'rourke/toumpas. glad im not making the call!!

• Like 1

I can't believe after the last 7 years people are still talking about Petrecca etc as 'guns' when he is a potential gun. how many times should we get burnt by assuming these kids will be a Judd or Dangerfield? Im not saying we should trade out all picks but we need to treat all picks as a risk. With top 5 picks you have about 50% chance of a very good or star player. the other 50% are either just ok or injured or just no good. (not basing this on any evidence :-) )

so the question is, are these guys good enough to warrant us taking the risk on, or is there better players on AFL lists we can trade in? Is petrecca as good as a Whitfield/Treloar or more of a O'rourke/toumpas. glad im not making the call!!

^^ This exactly.

Which is why it frustrates me that people can put up trade suggestions like "Pick 2 for Treloar and a 3rd Rounder" .... Why would GWS trade their gun proven AFL player who is young and has the potential to be a future A-grade star of the game ALONG with a 3rd rounder for pick number 2 on a bloke who is a current star in an under 18's competition?

Not to mention giving up on a bloke who has had a few years in the system and taking more steps backwards in offloading him for a player who has had no years in the system.

Get real some of you.

No way in hell Stringer would be on the move, after suffering a potentially career-ending injury before even being drafted, the year he has had just shows how much more upside there is to him.

there was a rumour on a facebook page today, obviously nothing reliable because it's facebook that Levi Casbault and Carltons first pick would be headed to the dogs for Stringer and the dogs second rounder

imo its a load of crap but thought i'd post it anyway

In my opinion Dubdee it was 7 years of drafting the wrong sort of players. Schwab and Prendergast seemed obsessed with nice boys of the highest character. Name me a competitive mongrel amongst Watts, Scully, Trengove, Cook, Gysberts, Blease, Tapscott, Toumpas? The Development was also non-existent once they got here, of course, but other clubs have found stars in the last 7 drafts.

I don't think you sacrifice the chance to bring in a potential A grader for the sake of multiple B-Graders (i.e. I believe Essendon offered Myers and Colyer last year for pick 2) just because we've been burnt in the past. You've got a much better chance of finding a Franklin, Roughead, Cotchin, Pendlebury etc at the pointy end of the draft.

I want Roos to rebuild the place properly and bring in some kids that possess traits to be elite players, develop them properly over the next 2 seasons, and in 5 seasons might be in Mike Sheahan's top 10 players in the league. I don't want a team of B-D graders - they don't win you games.

Edited by Watts Jurrah Dunn?