• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NAB Challenge 1 - Richmond v Melbourne

Bedraggled Dee

We have too many players who can't kick on our list, Nicholson, Mckenzie,Spencer, Cross.......amazingly you'd think at AFL level a selected player should be an elite kick and if thet aren't you'd practice. Bail missed a couple of regulation kicks for goal but gets one from an acjute angle. Again until we get more skilled players into the side we won't be a consistently competitive side.

The problem is the ones with good skills (Strauss, Tapscott, Toumpas and even Blease) can't find the ball.

Edited by Clint Bizkit
  • Like 1

The problem is the one with good skills (Strauss, Tapscott, Toumpas and even Blease) can't find the ball.

While I cry about our players with poor skills it does help if you can first get the ball.

Being a great kick is not much use if you seldom have the ball in your hands.

• Like 1

Strauss played a good game. Found more of it than usual and his kicking was dart like! If he keeps up games like that he is almost in our best 22 but likely first drop of defender as he can play both tall and small!

Bernie Vince killed it.

Spencer messed up once or twice but the pressure he puts on around the ground is amazing.

Its only nab cup, but promising signs

• Like 5

It may only be the NAB Challenge but our midfield finally functioned properly. It will be so good to hear about Richmond memberships being microwaved as the Tigers fans overreact in despair.

Gee we can be picky. It. is the first game (practice) after many years of dismal coaches, lack of confidence etc, etc. of course players will make mistakes , but overall they look good & exciting. David astbury gifting jkh a goal was a massive mistake & but it happens. You can't expect every kick to be pin point accurate , every handball to meet its target. If last night is anything to go on. I can't wait to see how they develop as they spend more time with each other, learn the gameplan & keep growing in confidence. Until then, I am not bagging or making disparaging comments about any player. if you think you have been hard done by as a supporter, I certainly have empathy for the players. And for those bagging toumpas I was with a collingwood supporter and he was in raptures about his kicking ,his ability to find space & the way he read the play. Bring on the season I say

• Like 2

WOW did not see that coming!

In actual fact I did not see anything last night went to Springsteen and got out to find we had won.

I seriously thought we would struggle last night.

Great way to start 2014 could not have been better considering the players missing.

I can only imagine how good the players must have felt after the last two and a half years.

Should bump along memberships next week.

Go dees

Told ya so!

How can Bail kick the near impossible (in the 3rd qrt) and then miss the easy set shots???

No doubt it will be something he will or is working on.

Rohan is a terrible kick for goal. I predicted where both his easy two set shots would go and people around me laughed when he did exactly as I said. The first to the right points and the second to the left points. Seriously though, It is unforgiveable for an AFL footballer to consistently miss easy shots for goal in perfect conditions.

Robbo was a poor shot for goal early on and improved to be very accurate. I wonder if he should help Bail.

• Like 4

WOW did not see that coming!

In actual fact I did not see anything last night went to Springsteen and got out to find we had won.

I seriously thought we would struggle last night.

Great way to start 2014 could not have been better considering the players missing.

I can only imagine how good the players must have felt after the last two and a half years.

Should bump along memberships next week.

Go dees

Good to hear you are OK OldDee. I've just been trawling through the myriad of posts and didn't see any from you till just now. I feared you may have had a heart attack from being over-joyed. Light...end...tunnel....

I just wish the commentators would have reminded us how poor Melbourne have been over the past few years, I had no idea.

I hate when they hit a high pitch and say, "And now Melbourne's hit the front!" Like as if, "How about that. They have a lead!"

Sports commentary in this league gets worse by the year.

people bagging Toumpas and his game last night actually have no clue about football.

He looks like he's playing a game of high school football.
EDIT: Well how about that...
"And second-year midfielder Jimmy Toumpas ($240,800) showed some of his glittering potential, needing just 12 disposals to power to 86 points."
Edited by Cudi_420

The composure of guys like Vince and Tyson showed they will be valuable pick ups for us. Last year our guys generally would have panicked under pressure, but watching Vince thread the ball out of the back line was great. Early days, but there appears to be a new sense of purpose and confidence within the team. Looking forward to seeing Viney, Watts, Hogan and Dawes come in.

I haven't had a chance to watch the match yet but from those who did, which four players would you drop for the Geelong game to make way for the four guys we will be welcoming back?

I hate when they hit a high pitch and say, "And now Melbourne's hit the front!" Like as if, "How about that. They have a lead!"

Sports commentary in this league gets worse by the year.

Dwayne Russell is the absolute worst at that. Condescending twit of the highest order.

• Like 1

Why?

because he isn't a player who "racks em' up" (possessions), he is a player who uses the ball extremely effectively. Thats why he will be important to us, and thats why he will be damaging to teams. We now have people in the midfield to get the ball out and move the ball, Toumpas can comfortably play that silky sniper roll and deliver the ball lace out to our forwards, or get us out of tight situations with his sniper boot. Evidence:

"And second-year midfielder Jimmy Toumpas ($240,800) showed some of his glittering potential, needing just 12 disposals to power to 86 points." (super coach).

Not bad for 12 possies, i say.

Wait til' he gets an older Salem in there too for some run and support, not to mention Viney, Watts and a Dom Tyson who plays an entire game.

I just wish the commentators would have reminded us how poor Melbourne have been over the past few years, I had no idea.

oh i'm sorry, they should talk about how good our family days at Luna Park are instead. We deserve everything they say, although last night was the first step in them not ragging us.

• Like 1

I reckon Terlich's disposal is talked about way too much. He more often than not makes the right decision and uses it well.

He's got mongrel, he's a good mark, fast and last night was a cracker. He's easily in our starting back 6 for me.

I've had my doubts but early evidence suggests he is only going to improve on last year. He would be in my back 6 right now.

Georgiou also put up his hand last night. Positions himself well and kicking isn't nearly as bad as some reports suggested.

• Like 1