Are Sydney Starting To Crack?

dazzledavey36

Jed Lamb has just walked out on the club to GWS. Now Since Buddy has come on board, Mumford, White, Lamb have walked out, Everitt, Armstrong set to be traded and plus a week ago I spoke to a friend recently who is mates with some of the Melbourne born Sydney players and he told me Hannabery was told to take a pay cut which he was happy only to find out his pay cut was paying for buddy. Apparently not a very happy camper is Daniel.

Could there legendary bloods culture that the great Paul Roos starting to crack?

And to think they have to put up with this for the next 9 years..

• Like 6

Had a chat to Jed Lamb, didn't like the direction of the club. Longmire has moulded into the form of Voss in his first few years at the club in looking at drafting superstars in Tippet and Franklin and cutting the rest. A lot of players not happy.

• Like 5

Had a chat to Jed Lamb, didn't like the direction of the club. Longmire has moulded into the form of Voss in his first few years at the club in looking at drafting superstars in Tippet and Franklin and cutting the rest. A lot of players not happy.

Wow that's pretty interesting to hear.

sad isnt it !!

mwahahahahaha !!! lol

Sydney>>>>> Culture>>>>>>>drain

• Like 4

If this is even remotely true I would expect Sydney to slip significantly next year. If they're once again a top 4 side I would say it's not had much impact at all.

I base these opinions on our own recent history of player discontent.

Roos and Brett Kirk got the Bloods culture up and firing.

The have both left...so has their last President (who clearly has health issues now)

The Swans may have got to greedy. We will now see how good a coach Longmire really is.

This is why i am not fully won over with the succession plan.

The coach the MFC have after Roos will evolve.

Choosing an annointed one now 3 years out is a big risk imo. But i will watch on.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 2

Yes I think so. I would be very concerned if I was a swans supporter.

• Like 1

Your point being?

That was then and this is now.

Had there been such a thing as a video clip we could post something similar late September 1964 - by 1966 it would look a whole lot different.

Everything, like the climate, changes.

• Like 2

Jed Lamb has just walked out on the club to GWS. Now Since Buddy has come on board, Mumford, White, Lamb have walked out, Everitt, Armstrong set to be traded and plus a week ago I spoke to a friend recently who is mates with some of the Melbourne born Sydney players and he told me Hannabery was told to take a pay cut which he was happy only to find out his pay cut was paying for buddy. Apparently not a very happy camper is Daniel.

Could there legendary bloods culture that the great Paul Roos starting to crack?

And to think they have to put up with this for the next 9 years..

trading their down for duck feathers...

... the Goose the layed the golden egg has well & truly moved South for the next winter..

now for the dinner!

• Like 1

This is why we need top take our time, & let Roos find his rightful haeir apparent.

take time, & get the right one who won't want to pull the wings off a perfectly good fly-ing animal.

791364-john-longmire.jpg

Edited by dee-luded

Roos and Brett Kirk got the Bloods culture up and firing.

The have both left...so has their last President (who clearly has health issues now)

The Swans may have got to greedy. We will now see how good a coach Longmire really is.

This is why i am not fully won over with the succession plan.

The coach the MFC have after Roos will evolve.

Choosing an annointed one now 3 years out is a big risk imo. But i will watch on.

.... the swans are heading back to mire long, just like the kangaroos of pre 70's...

Franklin for 9 years in the dumbest deal in the history of the game.

I simply cannot see how it won't have a negative flow on effect in terms of their list management going forward.

You'd think it would make it harder for them to retain players who have improved and wanting pay rise... might be hard to say to them "oh no we can only afford $XX not $XXX."

• Like 1

Franklin for 9 years in the dumbest deal in the history of the game.

I simply cannot see how it won't have a negative flow on effect in terms of their list management going forward.

Couldn't agree more. My jaw hit the deck when I first heard. Its a team game and that deal creates the oposite effect. He is good but not that good, The one common denominator of great full forwards is a skilled midfield and he has benfitted from one of the best. Stick in the Dees forward line and he would not be the player he is with our delivery. Look at Roughy this year as an example

• Like 1

didn't Roos choose Longmire?

I'm not sure tsfka, but I know one thing, smart people learn quick. & arrogance is dumb.

I think Roos knows his people & would rarely misjudge them.

but sometimes people take the hard work done before them for granted. as a matter of course. see NSmith's fate.

Is this why the Swans want to hold Dew?

If this is even remotely true I would expect Sydney to slip significantly next year. If they're once again a top 4 side I would say it's not had much impact at all.

I base these opinions on our own recent history of player discontent.

You just have to look at where it has all began in Mumford quitting, Jesse White being moved on and now Jed. It's a process which has not finished as over the next week and few years we will see a lot of players being traded and downgraded in order to achieve more salary cap room including pay cuts. Chop (Jed) and I over a few beers really wasn't thrilled in the idea he has spent a lot of time in Sydney developing and not getting the game time in which he deserves. Now the addition of Franklin and Tippet as forward line options cuts it back for him even more regarding game time. Choppy reckons a lot more players will follow suit as the culture has definitely been swayed and poor old Longmire being 'star gazing' as he put it.

P.s. Chop (Lamb chop) is his nick name we used to call him as a teenager growing up back in old country Yarram.