WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - BERNIE VINCE

Ted Lasso

The problem with that is if you have a credible and reliable source the last thing you'd want to do is to 'out' them on demonland.

I never said anything about outing them. Just saying it's a trusted source inside the club, which trumps reading it on a Facebook page. "Word is" could mean anything, coming from anywhere.

I never said anything about outing them. Just saying it's a trusted source inside the club, which trumps reading it on a Facebook page. "Word is" could mean anything, coming from anywhere.

I know mate, I was directing my reply to the people asking for names

• Like 1

Anyone thinking that the 4th year on Vince's deal is a bit too desperate a measure. Would've preferred we only offered him 3 for more cash and got him interested that way.

Maybe the 4th year becomes conditional on a number of games played in the 3rd?

Bombers with pick 22 from Crameri surely the dark horse in securing Vince. Will make us give pick 20 I think.

Anyone thinking that the 4th year on Vince's deal is a bit too desperate a measure. Would've preferred we only offered him 3 for more cash and got him interested that way.

Maybe the 4th year becomes conditional on a number of games played in the 3rd?

Bombers with pick 22 from Crameri surely the dark horse in securing Vince. Will make us give pick 20 I think.

He'd have to also want to go to Essendon, of course. If Vince indicates to Adelaide that he wants to be traded to Melbourne, I really doubt Adelaide would try and hold us to ransom over two or three places in the draft.

• Like 1

So now Vince is on holiday do we have to wait until he gets back before he informs Adelaide and us ? Or can we start talks with Adelaide now to trump GWS and get a deal in place for him.

We start talking to Adelaide now and have the deal ready, on the assumption that he will agree. He may have already agreed, or take calls while he as away - if I remember correctly Dawes was overseas when his trade took place.

We don't have to trump GWS if he's told Adelaide he wants to sign with us. The only way it becomes a competition with GWS is if he's said he'd be equally open to a trade to either club.

• Like 1

In any event, it's no longer a three month post to OS - I presume he has a mobile phone!

Exactly. And if it were me, I wouldn't want this hanging over my head for weeks, I'd want it sorted and done with as soon as possible so I could enjoy my damn holiday. Being overseas won't be a hold-up to the trade if it's happening.

I wasn't sure what we would give up to adelaide to get Lyons and Vince so I came up with the following trade idea;

We trade pick 2 and our third rounder to brisbane for pick 8, polec and their second round pick, then we on trade polec and brisbane's secound round pick to adelaide for Lyons and Vince.

Result:

Melbourne

Gain- Vince, Lyons, Pick 8

Lose- picks 2, our third round selection

Adelaide

Gain- Polec, Brisbane's 2nd round pick

Lose- Vince, Lyons

Brisbane

Gain- Pick 2, our third round pick

Lose- Polec, first and second round selections

To me the first scenario seems fair to all parties but it's difficult when I haven't seen as much of Lyons and Polec as I would have liked, if not then some other combination of 2nd/3rd round pick swaps. I think pick 8 would greatly appeal to us, because it seems likely that we'd be able to get Freeman with that pick and by all reports we are very keen on him. Be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Edited by Frank Grimes

I wasn't sure what we would give up to adelaide to get Lyons and Vince so I came up with the following trade idea;

We trade pick 2 and our third rounder to brisbane for pick 8, polec and their second round pick, then we on trade polec and brisbane's secound round pick to adelaide for Lyons and Vince.

Result:

Melbourne

Adelaide

Lose- Vince, Lyons

Brisbane

To me the first scenario seems fair to all parties but it's difficult when I haven't seen as much of Lyons and Polec as I would have liked, if not then some other combination of 2nd/3rd round pick swaps. I think pick 8 would greatly appeal to us, because it seems likely that we'd be able to get Freeman with that pick and by all reports we are very keen on him. Be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

At this time of night and a half full, or is that half empty bottle of red, I just don't have the inclination to try and grasp the thrust of your message

At this time of night and a half full, or is that half empty bottle of red, I just don't have the inclination to try and grasp the thrust of your message

Half full, my bottles empty! Time for another!

Result:

Melbourne

Adelaide

Lose- Vince, Lyons

Brisbane

To me the first scenario seems fair to all parties but it's difficult when I haven't seen as much of Lyons and Polec as I would have liked, if not then some other combination of 2nd/3rd round pick swaps. I think pick 8 would greatly appeal to us, because it seems likely that we'd be able to get Freeman with that pick and by all reports weare very keen on him. Be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Brisbane are big time losers out of that.

They basically upgrade pick 8 to 2 but lose Polec and their early 2nd round pick.

They would never consider it. Why wouldnt they just trade polec for a early 2nd round pick? Which is what looks likely if you believe the rumours

Brisbane are big time losers out of that.

They basically upgrade pick 8 to 2 but lose Polec and their early 2nd round pick.

They would never consider it. Why wouldnt they just trade polec for a early 2nd round pick? Which is what looks likely if you believe the rumours

Yeah I kinda thought that as well. I was originally thinking we swap our second round pick with theirs and send their second round pick to adelaide as well.

Edited by Frank Grimes

I have recently returned from South America. May I suggest that you try some Argentinian Malbecs. You won't have too many half full bottles of red left to clean up in the morning, they'll be empties.

Polec nominates PAFC as club of choice...

Hurt the likelihood of us securing Vince?

Yeah I'd say so. But Adelaide could still be wanting to get some draft picks in. Looking at their list they've got a decent ruck, decent spine under the age of 24 (Talia, Otten, Walker, Jenkins) and some gun midfielders 25 and under (Dangerfield, Sloane, Crouch, Kerridge, Grigg and co) plus Van Berlo (27), Douglas (26) and Scott Thompson (30).

Makes some sense they trade out Vince now and secure a decent draft pick so they keep bringing youth in to a very talented list. Just a matter of if they make the gutsy move. If I was them I'd do it for pick 20 for sure. Get one of the top 15 mids who everyone rates pretty highly.

• Like 2