Colin Sylvia going ... going ... GONE!

burfy174

If he is the only big player loss from the disaster of 2013 then I think i can sleep reasonably well. After 10 years it was a too long unrequited relationship. He still has more to offer. Lyon will extract it no doubt. Shame we will never see a season under Roos from him.

• Like 1

They get rid of the Minister for Science within the first week!!!

Sorry JR. that probably reminded you again!!!

It's going to be a bumpy ride. :)

Can you pizzz off with your politics. Not the place for it.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-dockers-recruit-colin-sylvia-says-his-best-football-is-yet-to-come/story-fni5f6su-1226745267341

Does someone want to tell Col that he may only have a few years left and your best was meant to come years ago.

I think I had a pretty consistent year (in 2013) without any real breakout games but I think playing with a football club like Fremantle, they demand excellence and hopefully they can take me to the next level." Yeah 2013 was the year we finally saw what you can do.

But u have to take youself to the next level and not rely on Freo to carry you

Wish him the best with the rest of his career. Always liked Col.

Agreed... and regardless of what anyone on here thinks of Col, he WILL be playing finals footy next year, nothing is surer.

Can't say the same I did like Sylvia until round 1 vs Brisbane a couple years back just after jimmy passed and we were copping a flogging from the lions and instead of sitting there watching like the rest of us, and supporting his team mates as he wasn't playing he was too busy tuning up some chick at the bar in the Jim stynes room I left the ground after that, thought well if you don't give a crap why should I, I for one won't miss him

• Like 2

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-dockers-recruit-colin-sylvia-says-his-best-football-is-yet-to-come/story-fni5f6su-1226745267341

Does someone want to tell Col that he may only have a few years left and your best was meant to come years ago.

I think I had a pretty consistent year (in 2013) without any real breakout games but I think playing with a football club like Fremantle, they demand excellence and hopefully they can take me to the next level." Yeah 2013 was the year we finally saw what you can do.

But u have to take youself to the next level and not rely on Freo to carry you

Yes! Expected everyone else to do it for him but didn't want to put in the effort himself! I casn't even think of 10 games in 10 years where he had a great game. And where did he finish in the B & F over all these years? Not sorry to see him go, however, I have met him and certainly a guy I could have a beer with!

Agreed... and regardless of what anyone on here thinks of Col, he WILL be playing finals footy next year, nothing is surer.

He will need to be selected first, in a team with a very strong deep midfield.

Col (not this one) may be in for a rude shock when he gets to Freo. Over there, he won't have people kissing his ass and let him cruise because they all believe 'the best is yet to come' :rolleyes: . He is going to a club with a bit of a spine. While Neeld went overboard with his sprays and carry on, the MFC was a bit soft and probably needed to be whacked with a bigger stick. At Freo, if you don't pull your weight, you get whacked with that big stick. In this case though, if Col gets a bake, his 'mates' won't be there to side with him.

Col (not this one) may be in for a rude shock when he gets to Freo. Over there, he won't have people kissing his ass and let him cruise because they all believe 'the best is yet to come' :rolleyes: . He is going to a club with a bit of a spine. While Neeld went overboard with his sprays and carry on, the MFC was a bit soft and probably needed to be whacked with a bigger stick. At Freo, if you don't pull your weight, you get whacked with that big stick. In this case though, if Col gets a bake, his 'mates' won't be there to side with him.

Yep I agree. Under Ross Lyon he will get a huge reality check

Happy to see Colin gone. Never again will he frustrate me.

In his time at the demons her would/was very much overpaid.

Don't really care if hr plays well at Freo. 10+ years at Melbourne and you were just a player.

People seem to forget his off field efforts. Very silly boy.

Can't say I wish him the best. The lazy sod screwed us supporters. Not once did I see him run himself into the ground. So often I witnessed him jogging as his opponent ran away from him.

He doesn't deserve success, I would be quite happy to see Freo have some success, happier if it happens with Sylvia playing in the WAFL

And just for kicks, dare i say...CAPTION THIS:

colinsylvia.jpg

I can caption it right now as it was the usual response when people complained about the party boys on here.

'He's an adult. He can do whatever he likes! Can't he go out and have a bit of fun? What's the world coming to?'etc. etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.