Respect

Demoneyes

Demoneyes, you spam all the threads on the trading & drafting board, and you appear to post specious information under the pretense of you actually knowing something or having some valuable contacts at the club, despite none of your "inside info" being factually correct.

You come across as a tool.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I have been a critic in the past of the mob mentality I've witnessed here, but either I've become desensitised or it hasn't been happening as often. Most threads actually stay on topic these days and posters seem to be more conscious of not being a dick towards their fellow supporters.

Very often, there is no right and wrong. Sometimes that point gets lost. Ultimately it's about passion which we all have otherwise we wouldn't be here. Everyone expresses that passion differently, and that should never be sacrificed. Just don't be a dick about it

• Like 1

I have been a critic in the past of the mob mentality I've witnessed here, but either I've become desensitised or it hasn't been happening as often. Most threads actually stay on topic these days and posters seem to be more conscious of not being a [censored] towards their fellow supporters.

Very often, there is no right and wrong. Sometimes that point gets lost. Ultimately it's about passion which we all have otherwise we wouldn't be here. Everyone expresses that passion differently, and that should never be sacrificed. Just don't be a [censored] about it

I think being a [censored] usually entails posting the following replies to a post/thread:

1) 'What a stupid thread/waste of time' or 'Nothing to see here.'

2) You clearly have an anti (name club figure) agenda. This can be rephrased as 'you have (multiple) axes to grind'.

3) Not a hugely consistent one but I do notice people dismissing posters out of hand because of their post count. This act of dickery usually comes along with the line 'Who cares what this guy thinks?'

The villains of the 'Land (save one or two) have kept their heads down for the last little bit. I was going to stay away for a while but the mood has lightened since we got Roosy.

I have been a critic in the past of the mob mentality I've witnessed here, but either I've become desensitised or it hasn't been happening as often. Most threads actually stay on topic these days and posters seem to be more conscious of not being a [censored] towards their fellow supporters.

Very often, there is no right and wrong. Sometimes that point gets lost. Ultimately it's about passion which we all have otherwise we wouldn't be here. Everyone expresses that passion differently, and that should never be sacrificed. Just don't be a [censored] about it

This is my gut feeling.

Demoneyes, you spam all the threads on the trading & drafting board, and you appear to post specious information under the pretense of you actually knowing something or having some valuable contacts at the club, despite none of your "inside info" being factually correct.

You come across as a tool.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I hope you feel better getting that off your chest! For your info I do not spam every thread on here, on GF day it was about 45 I replied to. Who I know is none of your business, but I am quite comfortable with the contacts I have. It is quite obvious you haven't read all my threads as some have been correct. Someone said on here that i only post stuff on here to big note myself, what an absolute laugh! If you really feel I come on here to get "uplifted" from comments I make by you and others, you are all sadly mistaken! With the high stress job I have, I come on here to de-stress with some light hearted entertainment. As for yourself, the way you re-act and your language says volumes to me about the person you are. Be well!

I am pretty happy with where we are at as a site in terms of politeness and respect.

You struck a nerve on GF day with a great number of posters incl. myself. It's no big deal, we all move on and enjoy the ability to discuss the Demons with other Demons.

I am pretty happy with where we are at as a site in terms of politeness and respect.

You struck a nerve on GF day with a great number of posters incl. myself. It's no big deal, we all move on and enjoy the ability to discuss the Demons with other Demons.

No problems. Go Dees!

HTFU whingers.

Moonie is correct here. You post your opinion - in whatever terms you choose - and you accept the consequences if others don't like them. I'm not saying be thoughtless of others, but FFS, let's not be too precious. If you are on a site which is open to the world then be prepared for a smack now and then.

• Like 2

Moonie is correct here. You post your opinion - in whatever terms you choose - and you accept the consequences if others don't like them. I'm not saying be thoughtless of others, but FFS, let's not be too precious. If you are on a site which is open to the world then be prepared for a smack now and then.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me

I bite back if others bait me but I do worry about younger posters on here. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

If you are a younger poster, sometimes you would wonder what kind of club you are supporting.

I'm a faithful stalker Moonie - one at a time.

Are you saying that you have a man crush on Moonie?

You know we all should only have a man crush on Roos!

There was a severe reprimand and it has been made clear that if it ever happens again he will be instantly banned. It was juvenile behaviour that wasted mine and other mods time in cleaning it up.

I would like to add that Demonlanders should refer to the code of conduct (http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15-code-of-conduct-moderating-guide/) and the thread re: abuse (http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34199-reminder-on-personal-abuse/). The mods try to clean up and reprimand or ban when warranted when they can but things obviously get missed. You too can police the boards by reporting offending posts using the Report Button.

What about when the personal abuse comes from the mods?

Does the code of conduct apply to them?

Not a comment on HSo'Grinter's post, but when I clicked on his links, I am getting a login dialog that states the following:

"A username and password are being requested by http://generatormeme.com. The site says: "Access Restricted (pwrestrict)"

Anyone else getting that?

Not a comment on HSo'Grinter's post, but when I clicked on his links, I am getting a login dialog that states the following:

"A username and password are being requested by http://generatormeme.com. The site says: "Access Restricted (pwrestrict)"

Anyone else getting that?

No. The links show WJ treating Hazy with no respect.

I see no issue but your own. Move on Hazy. You too Bob.

If you don't like the way things are run you may leave.

But you never answered my question:

Does the code of conduct apply to mods who engage in personal abuse?

And, also my question from the thread where you decided to ban me:

Did Whispering_Jack ever receive a warning for his posts in that thread (in which he accused me of being "sniping, embarrassing, foolish" and having "ulterior motive, zero credibility and a bucket load of gall") and If not, why not?

But you never answered my question:

Does the code of conduct apply to mods who engage in personal abuse?

And, also my question from the thread where you decided to ban me:

Did Whispering_Jack ever receive a warning for his posts in that thread (in which he accused me of being "sniping, embarrassing, foolish" and having "ulterior motive, zero credibility and a bucket load of gall") and If not, why not?

No. Because it wasn't warranted. Stop being a pest. You don't like it then there's the door. Don't let it hit your arse on the way out.

You and Bob can have a whinge about another mod abusing his powers.