• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Heath Shaw

Barney Rubble

Can we or should we do a deal with a scenario of a Shaw & Sylvia trade?

I like Shaws aggression at the ball which Sylvia never wants to display IMO so I would entertain it happening maybe.

Can we or should we do a deal with a scenario of a Shaw & Sylvia trade?

I like Shaws aggression at the ball which Sylvia never wants to display IMO so I would entertain it happening maybe.

Now I think of it...

If Daisy leaves the colliwobbles, they may not want to dilute his FA compo by signing another FA. So trade Sylvia and shaw?

I'm of the belief that Melbourne supporters on here greatly exaggerate these 'issues' that Heat Shaw supposedly has.

There's been absolutely nothing other than speculation to suggest that he is on the outer at Collingwood. Why is it that when it comes to an article written about an opposition

player, people take every word as gospel? Yet if there's an article written about Melbourne or a player for the MFC the same posters will take that with a grain of salt?

I just read from the words of Dale Thomas himself saying that the only problem he has at the club is that 'he cares so much'. I would kill to see our backman speaking to one another with the same passion

Heath Shaw seems to speak with. He cares about the jumper. Wow, he had a brain-fade last weekend and gave a goal to Port for getting angry with Monfries. How many times has Lynden Dunn 'acted tough'

on the field only to give pointless free-kicks away. He offers less than half the output of Heath Shaw when it comes to his value to the team.

In the end, I don't care if we go after him or if he stays. The point remains, he is a very good player and people on here seem to completely exaggerate these issues.

If we all keep saying "Heath Shaw for Lynden Dunn in a direct swap" often enough, do you think we could make it happen? Please?

• Like 3

bs

The club is just saying we're interested. How interested we really are is anybodies guess.

Technically, we could use a classy runner off half back and that's what Shaw is, even if he can be a [censored] at the best of times.

Pies would be looking for plenty of compensation though, and I don't want the club to overpay for him as I don't think he is worth more than a mid to late first rounder.

Shaw's above average ability and consistent performance would be an asset to the MFC.

However, going on past performances/trade, Collingwood would expect a Mercedes for their Commodore.

Eddie does not have a realistic attitude when it comes to dealing with other clubs. He would expect us to give him James Frawley or pick 2 and that's not going to happen.

People forget that we're a 2-20 and 54% team sometimes. Anyone (yes ANYONE)* that's better than the list of C, D and E graders (apologies to a few) we have donning the guernsey each week is worth a look.

Heath Shaw at his best was an elite defender and while he is probably only B-grade nowadays, he would improve our back 6 significantly.

Yes for me at the right price.

*The train-wreck that is Dustin Martin being a possible exception.

train wreck? I agree with most of what you have said.... Except i dont believe Dustin is a train wreck.... Far from it.... Richmond have worked him over in the media, with there hound dogs.... And it seems to have worked... Even you believe he's a basket case, without any evidence of that being the case...

If Martin was such a basket case, then why do Richmond want to keep him?

Richmond have done well.... Great sub-defuse!!

You have all been had.....lol... By the media....

P.s.. I dont think GWS is out of this yet.... They want him.... But they don't want to trade for him.... I get the feeling that GWS have made a deal with Martin and his manager....

• Like 1

I'm of the belief that Melbourne supporters on here greatly exaggerate these 'issues' that Heat Shaw supposedly has.

There's been absolutely nothing other than speculation to suggest that he is on the outer at Collingwood.

So he'll be staying with the Pies then I'm guessing? Better close the thread...

Eddie does not have a realistic attitude when it comes to dealing with other clubs. He would expect us to give him James Frawley or pick 2 and that's not going to happen.

Even Ed wouldn't think that was realistic, surely.

I'll pass on Shaw. It's not often I wave the "too much of a [censored]" card. I didn't even wave it for Martin. I'm waving it for Shaw.

• Like 1

Again.....

"Players are frustrated at his inability to play to team structures, with Shaw and captain Nick Maxwell often fighting about team tactics during games."

http://www.heraldsun...d-1226717116982

Also:

"Collingwood’s players and coaches have grown tired of Shaw’s on-field behaviour,"

"The 27-year-old has always been a provocative and at times disruptive presence in team meetings but it is the on-field issues that are cutting deep."

These types of quotes are just conjecture unless they are attributed to someone eg. Which Collingwood players and Coaches have grown tired of Shaw's on-field behaviour? We've got to stop paying for this kind of awful journalism.

Surely we can do better then getting some hack from Collingwood?

Yes I admit I hate that Club, its President, Coach, Fans and Members and finally the players.

Even their team colours suck big time.

Have we not learnt from Mark Neeld that the place is toxic to us.

Better to stay away and spend our money somewhere else.

I'd go for him if he could go through the middle but he can't - he is a back flanker and I'd rather have Grimes in that role. We could perhaps use another alongside McDonald, Garland & Frawley but not at the price Collingwood will want. Seems more likely to end up at GWS in a direct swap for Adams perhaps with swapping of picks involved.

Firstly, let me start with saying Shaw makes me sick. He's that player I love ripping on and I am not sure how I would handle seeing him in the beloved red and blue.

But.... (oh god I am going to feel dirty from this)

He really is the type we need. He is very good one on one but more importantly he gets the ball and uses it well. Really well. And we need so many more players like him to just simply win the bloody footy! He gets more touches than our mids which is why I wouldn't be completely against him.

Sounds like he is having issues against figjam Buckley which makes sense (with him being a [censored] and all) which reminds me of Beamer and Neeld having a sook off last year.

Maybe just a fresh start under Roos is just what Heater requires. Even the biggest attitudes in the game wouldn't challenge Roos' as the man just oozes class, knowledge and respect.

Our backline

Shaw Frawley Garland

Terlich McDonald Grimes

Gives a good balance of strong defensive and rebounding ability.

Plus not having to watch Dunn play is another bonus

Agree with everything you say about Shaw Deeko, and we definitely need a good user of the footy coming out of the back line.

I just see our needs as more pressing in the middle, unless we got him reasonably cheaply.

If our interest is genuine, I could only see it happening once we've sown up an Adams or similar (as well as Cross).

I have no issues with chasing Shaw, as much as I dislike the guy. He needs to shut the [censored] up and play footy, rather than screaming at team-mates and umpires, and giving away stupid free kicks.

Considering what Roos did with Rhyce I'm ok with it, although Heath seems to be a bigger [censored]. 3rd round should be enough, and to sweeten the deal considering he's still in contract, I think we should request that Collingwood pay half his wages for the next 2 seasons ala Woewodin.

i suppose thats the intrigue.. Roos settled and remade Rhys. ( damn good player)

could he do the same with Heath ?. Hed be very capable and damaging off the half back.

Haven't read the thread, but I think Shaw is a better than very good player. He does make a goose of himself at times but he can play. Is he right for us, probably not at the stage we are at. I think he could play as a mid but I also think Collingwood would want to much for him and at his age it would be a no deal. If we have to shell out decent picks it needs to be for a 20-24 yo.

Pity he's not out of contract or we could pick him up for free in the PSD, that would make Eddie happy.

Can't see Shaw being around for our next flag tilt, and can't see him being any sort of positive influence on a cultural change so really he may make us slightly more competitive right off, but could risk our cultural development.

imagine Heath arguing with Chip or Garland on field infront of the raft of young players we have.

Can't see Shaw being around for our next flag tilt, and can't see him being any sort of positive influence on a cultural change so really he may make us slightly more competitive right off, but could risk our cultural development.

imagine Heath arguing with Chip or Garland on field infront of the raft of young players we have.

I hate this argument, if you get good players they help you get to a flag quicker. It's the philosophy that has been used for the past seven years and failed miserably. Besides, I doubt any of us will be around for the next flag tilt the way Melbourne have been going.

• Like 2

I hate this argument, if you get good players they help you get to a flag quicker. It's the philosophy that has been used for the past seven years and failed miserably. Besides, I doubt any of us will be around for the next flag tilt the way Melbourne have been going.

I don't like the argument either, was more just trying to illustrate that I don't see a short or long term cultural gain that is going to come from picking up Shaw.

If we did however I wouldn't be shocked if Roos turned him into a mid.

Tony Shaw mentioned on 3AW that he may be headed down the highway to Geelong. I guess we won't know who we are after until we know what the Roos philosophy is, bring on young talent or try and infuse older with young.

Personally I'd like Shaw and Chapman but that may mean denying two young kids the opportunity of developing with the side and may come back to bite us later on.

• Like 1