Luke Shuey

dazzledavey36

Is unhappy with the direction of the club and a new coach could be the tipping point for him to leave.

Doesn't mean much but was a dee supporter and a gun player when up and going.

Thoughts?

I like him ,but the cost?

He's still contracted. West Coast would want a huge return package for him if he was to leave. Pick 2 wouldn't be enough I don't believe, they seem to value him as their most important player over there

Is unhappy with the direction of the club and a new coach could be the tipping point for him to leave.

Thoughts?

Where did you hear/read this ?

He was rapt in the club not very long ago.

Thoughts?

I appreciate you trying to give people a heads up on inside info. But when there's another poster saying that they've heard the complete opposite, it makes for very annoying information.

Have you spoken to Shuey personally?

Or has this come from a line of 'people in the know'.

I wish people would just say where they've heard it.

Even if it's through an extraterrestrial.

I appreciate you trying to give people a heads up on inside info. But when there's another poster saying that they've heard the complete opposite, it makes for very annoying information.

Have you spoken to Shuey personally?

Or has this come from a line of 'people in the know'.

I wish people would just say where they've heard it.

Even if it's through an extraterrestrial.

ET told him to go home.

• Like 2

Thoughts?

Luke Shuey and Richard Douglas Would be my first targets.....Im also liking the Daniel Cross idea.... All three would be super hard to get, but would change our on field performances straight away...

Would prefer him over S Selwood.

I'd prefer the other way around.

Selwood is more durable, gives better second efforts, works harder and is a better midfielder in general.

• Like 1

The irony.

Like Sloan in that draft (who was apparently a lock at pick 35, which we then used on Bennell), Shuey was apparently pencilled in at pick 17 in the 2008 draft (along with Schoenmakers whom I think was picked up by Hawthorn at pick 16).

The club was surprised the Saints didn't pick Blease with pick 13 or 14, and they jumped on him instead at pick 17, thinking he might still be available with pick 19, which we used on Strauss (and which we should've used on Zaharakis IMO at the time).

These decisions would have been game changers for our midfield - in one draft.

On a more positive note, the fact that we've been so hopeless for so long - at pretty well everything - has perhaps resulted in the phenomenal changes that are now taking place at the club.

• Like 2

No point bitching who we could have or should have got. We just didnt develop players good enough. You could be the best payer by far but if you dont develop them they get left behind

• Like 1

No point bitching who we could have or should have got. We just didnt develop players good enough. You could be the best payer by far but if you dont develop them they get left behind

Yeah - I get that.

Relevantly though, in recent times there have been two very active threads on this board, one essentially entitled 'Get Rory Sloan' and another essentially entitled 'Get Luke Shuey', each of whom would now cost at least a first round draft pick, if indeed they were interested at all.

• Like 2

There's no doubt we've done both badly, but Gysberts, Cook, Morton, etc. have shown that we've picked terribly. They're not doing anything post their Melbourne careers.

• Like 5

There's no doubt we've done both badly, but Gysberts, Cook, Morton, etc. have shown that we've picked terribly. They're not doing anything post their Melbourne careers.

Very true. I dont doubt that. Maybe we ruined them hence why they are not doing anything at their new clubs.

The irony.

Like Sloan in that draft (who was apparently a lock at pick 35, which we then used on Bennell), Shuey was apparently pencilled in at pick 17 in the 2008 draft (along with Schoenmakers whom I think was picked up by Hawthorn at pick 16).

The club was surprised the Saints didn't pick Blease with pick 13 or 14, and they jumped on him instead at pick 17, thinking he might still be available with pick 19, which we used on Strauss (and which we should've used on Zaharakis IMO at the time).

These decisions would have been game changers for our midfield - in one draft.

On a more positive note, the fact that we've been so hopeless for so long - at pretty well everything - has perhaps resulted in the phenomenal changes that are now taking place at the club.

Interesting when they did the draft review over the past 5 years(?) they said they wanted Shuey at 19 and were disapointed not to get him.

You are just provoking me to slag off again at Prendergast, who IMO, would win "the most useless employee ever at the MFC", award.

• Like 1