Taylor Adams

pilgrim

It's hard to imagine any quality mid would want to come to the MFC.

I know we have Roos now but we have have won 3 of the past 100 games

It's still going to be very hard to attract players when other teams are finals bound and interested in them.

Uh, I know we're bad, but you might find we have won 25 of the last 100 games, not 3.

We also had 2 draws.

Uh, I know we're bad, but you might find we have won 25 of the last 100 games, not 3.

We also had 2 draws.

One of which was against Collingwood!

If GWS can get Dustin Martin in the PSD, why would they trade Adams for him?

We should offer our 2nd pick for him, approx pick 19

Losing Adams and getting Martin & pick 19 is a lot better than losing Adams and only getting Martin back.

That's how I'd be selling it.

At the same time, we may even be able to convince Adams to come to us in the PSD.

Or a "Lochlan Veale trade" where we trade a pick or player (Jamar) to GWS for peanuts, and in return GWS refuse to trade him, so Adams goes into the PSD where we can select him with PSD pick 2.

I think GWS want better than pick 19 for Adams. They'd push hard for pick 2 or they'd deal with Coll or another club for their 1st rounder. Somewhere around 7-13 is what they'd push hard for. Hard to tell where the cards will fall. Love the idea of Roos, Viney and Taylor negotiating.

Our best bet is convincing Adams to nominate Melbourne as his preferred team and then getting the deal done. We've got lots of salary cap space and Paul Roos. What else can we add to our sales pitch?

I understand that GV, however if we are 1 of 4 or 5 clubs trying to land Adams but the others are struggling to satisfy GWS in any deal. Adams might see that Melb can get the deal done n agree to come just like Mitch clark did when freo couldn't get the deal done

Edited by The Toump 5

I understand that GV, however if we are 1 of 4 or 5 clubs trying to land Adams but the others are struggling to get the deal. Adams might see that Melb can get the deal done n agree to come just like Mitch clark when freo couldn't get the deal done

I hope you're right, I really rate him. As BH says, our best bet is coin.

• Like 1

The other aspect of the deal to get Adams (or any non-free agent) is that we are dealing with the club as much as the player.

If we offer the best deal to the GWS in terms of picks etc... then we are in the box seat. Especially given the GWS can then force Adams to us via the PSD. GWS won't want it's players to believe they can just walk to the club of their choice without GWS being adequately compensated.

• Like 2

The other aspect of the deal to get Adams (or any non-free agent) is that we are dealing with the club as much as the player.

GWS won't want it's players to believe they can just walk to the club of their choice without GWS being adequately compensated.

And Vlad won't want to see his beloved GWS lose out on a deal.

Are there any midfielders in the upcoming draft that could potentially make an immediate impact (like Olliie Wines)? Why not hang on to the early draft picks?

Matt Crouch, pick #10ish - i feel he would make an impact round 1 2014 and continue to improve

• Like 1

What I maybe didn't explain is, if Adams is bent on going to Richmond, we can still convince GWS to engineer a situation that is better for them and we still get him, somewhat against his will.

It happened to our very own Jade Rawlings.

This is based on the assumption Adams is bent on going to Richmond and won't go to Collingwood or whoever else bids.

Forcing him into the PSD means he is ours.

12 of his 16 games this year he had 20+ possessions. In fact he averaged 21 possessions and 3 tackles a game. He shows a good inside and out balance and has a bit of mongrel and skill about him. All coming into a third year when most players start to blossom.

This.

Sylvia is the only player on our list who exhibits genuine A-grade talent both inside and out (not that he ever shows it consistently).

Adams has this, and is improved almost weekly.

With all the other Clubs and media attention focused on Adams and Martin, maybe we should quietly arranging a trade for Swallow? I would be happy to see him as part of our midfield (longtime- term) and Cross (short- term).

I've seen this talk about Swallow on here - what's his contract situation?

well there wont be a Tigers trade to GWS for Adams as Giants dont want Dusty....awwwww....shame !! :unsure::rolleyes:

We should be angling for him to head to the psd.

The filth will be trying to land him too, but in a trade. If they keep Daisy they'll have less $$ to offer Adams.

I want Adams for free. Adams, Hogan, Barry for $cully? Yes please.

And just how do you get Adams into the $cully equation?

I think that Daisy will go to Carlscum and open up a great big wad of money in the Pies cap. In the event he doesn't, there is still space with the delistings they've done.

It will certainly be an interesting trade period.

Edited by Moonshadow