• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2014 Membership Renewal

I'm gonna wait as long as it takes to decide keeping the pressure on both the AFL to maximise their support to us, & on us, the Dees, as well, to get decisions right, including this "Premiership Coach".

dropping numbers at games & memberships has seen the AFL get involved to help, & to make sure necessary changes are made.

Am an MCC member but purchase Redleg membership as well each year. Will renew again next year.

Seems new CEO and president have told it the way it is. Happy that the AFL at this stage are looking over all our appointments as we have messed up for such a long a period of time. Despite all of this I always live in hope.

Have done that for 49 years

Little left for me

I'm gonna wait as long as it takes to decide keeping the pressure on both the AFL to maximise their support to us, & on us, the Dees, as well, to get decisions right, including this "Premiership Coach".

dropping numbers at games & memberships has seen the AFL get involved to help, & to make sure necessary changes are made.

I wouldnt expect anything less from you.

• Like 2

I wouldnt expect anything less from you.

thick as 2 bricks...

some people can never see the causation of getting the AFL on-board to see things are put right, is initiated directly by people Not going to games,,, & not watching on TV,,, & not buying memberships, by way of personal protest.

...but you just go on doing the same old, & retrieving the same old until, yes, you are old... protests work when it hurts the other.

Now we've got their attention, lets see if they, the AFL have the will to see us get a topline coach??? time will tell all.

thick as 2 bricks...

some people can never see the causation of getting the AFL on-board to see things are put right, is initiated directly by people Not going to games,,, & not watching on TV,,, & not buying memberships, by way of personal protest.

...but you just go on doing the same old, & retrieving the same old until, yes, you are old... protests work when it hurts the other.

Now we've got their attention, lets see if they, the AFL have the will to see us get a topline coach??? time will tell all.

You post garbage 50 times a day on a Demons forum yet you wont buy a membership, your a tight ass and if everyone thought like you we wouldnt have a club, thank god your the minority.

I thought long and hard about it, because the last few years have been so disgraceful, none of us deserved that. The club has completely disrespected its long suffering supporter base.

But i wish to show support Peter Jackson.

NOW GET PAUL ROOS AS COACH.

Why you little - I need to make one thing clear I do not speak for the club. However, part of D2D's mandate is to bring the supporters and the club closer together. So we hear what you are saying, we 100% appreciate what you are saying.

If possible D2D would love to hear your positive feedback on how you think D2D could win your respect back, without trying to ask us to promise the impossible ie How many games MFC will win. or How the team will perform because that is out of our control. Sadly, nobody can promise coaches because that largely depends on what the individual wants to do.

Again part of our mandate is to give the club as much honest no watered-down feedback as possible. Please this is a genuine attempt to reach out and try and help you.

Edited by Demon2Demon

Why you little - I need to make one thing clear I do not speak for the club. However, part of D2D's mandate is to bring the supporters and the club closer together. So we hear what you are saying, we 100% appreciate what you are saying.

If possible D2D would love to hear your positive feedback on how you think D2D could win your respect back, without trying to ask us to promise the impossible ie How many games MFC will win. or How the team will perform because that is out of our control. Sadly, nobody can promise coaches because that largely depends on what the individual wants to do.

Again part of our mandate is to give the club as much honest no watered-down feedback as possible. Please this is a genuine attempt to reach out and try and help you.

D2D there is only one way.

Win games That will fix the majority of our problems.

Now it is an easy thing to say and another thing to achieve.

Most Dees members / supporters are used to losing.

What we find hard to take is not being competitive.

For the last two years we have not been even competitive.

There is very little you can do about that problem.

The People who run the MFC have to get the team to a point over the next two years where we are competitive.

Until that happens and we start winning games you are wasting your time talking.

The MFC is now in the position where words mean zero.

Just buckle down for a long hard grind.

IMO you have a thankless job ahead and nothing you can say will change one thing with the average member.

Bloody sad but IMO true

• Like 2

There simply is only one way to regain my respect. That is WINNING ON THE GROUND.

Look at the Cats. They start winning. Everything else rolls.

I love the MFC but i am sick of it being a loser. Finding the easy option and not doing it right.

How 'bout we do the hard yards and learn?? Master the hard way like Smithy & Checker.

Times have changed. But application is no different.

Winning is the only way D2D. A beer is ok too :)

• Like 1

There simply is only one way to regain my respect. That is WINNING ON THE GROUND.

Look at the Cats. They start winning. Everything else rolls.

I love the MFC but i am sick of it being a loser. Finding the easy option and not doing it right.

How 'bout we do the hard yards and learn?? Master the hard way like Smithy & Checker.

Times have changed. But application is no different.

Winning is the only way D2D. A beer is ok too :)

pretty much....two beers better :)

MFC membership is like taxes. You hate paying them but you don't really have a choice.

I reckon I get more for my taxes...just saying :unsure:

that really ought not even be a consideration !!

I can see your line of thought about this, therefore dont take it as a personal attack, as its your money Ralph, you have every right to invest ,spend, waste it on anything of your choosing. But the AFL wont be sweating on Mr dee-luded and Co holding them to ransom.

The AFL will be more intent on bailing out the MFC or any other club, IF it sees 60,000 fans at the G, and their team is under performing, if a team only gets 6.000 per game game, they wont be thinking if they help, the club members will re-sign. It will more likely see it as whats the point, we invest XX amount into this club,and dont get return for our investment.

As hard as it is to watch the garbage played week in week out, we still need members, or non members at games. bums on seats will keep us viable.

Any revenue the club gets, we hope, it uses it wisely to improve the club as a whole.IF we had 50,000 to 60,000 members paid up, we probably wouldnt need the AFL and its blackmail money.