• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for Adelaide

Demon Jack

We might need to make at least three changes with the possibility of Byrnes, Strauss and Blease all missing out with injury. Magner, Taggert and Toumpas should come in after huge games at Casey. Maybe Gawn in for Spencer as well.

Strauss (inj) - Frawley - If Frawley available otherwise take your pick of Jetta or Nicholson or Pedersen depending on match ups

Blease (inj) - Rodan or Nicholson

Byrnes (inj) - Toumpas

Watts (omit) - Taggert

Howe (omit) - Magner

Spencer (omit) - Gawn - Spencer hasn't been too bad but Gawn's VFL form demands a call up and don't want to drop Fitzy

Davis (omit) - Dawes - Davis tries hard but if Dawes available he comes in

FB: Dunn Frawley Garland

HB: Terlich McDonald M. Jones

C: Toumpas Viney Grimes

HF: Taggert Dawes Trengove

FF: Davey Fitzy Kent

Foll: Gawn N. Jones McKenzie

Int: Sylvia, Magner Tapscott

S: Rodan/Nicholson

I know it may go against the grain but I don't think we'll see players come in that will end their casey finals campaign. Toumpas and Gawn will both play at casey as there is more for them to gain from finals footy, winning, confidence and potentially an extra 3 games experience than there is in another afl belting.

I don't think we'll drop players to casey just to qualify them so Fitzpatrick will stay in the side.

Taggert may get a run this week as he has already qualified.

Please tell me Casey will be playing for the MFC this week end!

Othherwise we are screwed.

No point rushing Dawes and Frawley in this week. I'd bring in Toumpas, Magner and Taggert for Byrnes, Blease and Strauss.

Probably Gawn for Spencer too.

I would like to see Jetta come in an play down back so for me

In Jetta, Dawes, Frawley, Magner, Taggert

Out Strauss, Blease, Byrnes, Tapscott, Davis

Jetta Frawley Dunn

Terlich McDonald Garland

Trengove Jones Grimes

Howe Watts Kent

Taggert Dawes Fitzpatick

Spencer Sylvia Viney

M Jones McKenzie Magner Davey

Rory is a better option than Tapscott, Magner adds that midfield grunt.

You have to feel for Casey, every year it happens, they get into a position to challenge for a flag and the MFC either pulls players or as the case this year gets hammered by injury.

The point about Casey finals is interesting, and one i Hope the club investigates and uses. If they have alerady played enough games at Casey, give them a run in the red and blue, cant hurt anyone, but if Gawn, Toumpas, even Tapscott, Kent ect need another game to qualify for finals, let them have it. The team bonding, and pressure/intensity than can only be found in finals footy will be a huge benefit to them, and the confidence Jimmy, Jesse and co would have going into 2014 after playing in a flag at Casey is worth another 50 games!!!

• Like 1

Byrnes, Blease and Strauss all out due to injury. Byrnes and Blease get dropped anyway.

I'd like to see Magner and Taggert, but I don't know what value we can get from one or two games.

If Dawes is fit he comes back. Davis gave his all but isn't close to as good as Dawes.

Gawn probably gets back in. I'd play him alongside Spencer to see how the two work together, maybe that means at Fitzpatrick's expense, though we could play Fitzy as a FF the whole game, with Spencer/Gawn rotating alongside him, and drop Davis, with Dawes still out.

Did any of you hear Craig talking about Davey post-match? He would be odds-on to stay in.

Three injuries look like certain omissions but there's no way Nicholson should come in.

Frawley yes.

Magner overdue.

Taggert has to get his chance.

And if he is fit, Dawes for Davis.

Gawn has to be a chance. I'd keep Fitz and give Jake a spell.

think barry had the week off but he had been very impressive

He's built well through the season. But is averaging about 20 touches at Casey. Toumpas has gone back and had 28 then 32 touches in the VFL and we all think he's not ready for AFL yet. Makes me think Barry won't be close.

Especially watching Barry at training earlier in the year. He often looked like he was struggling in the more technical drills it was like watching an actual kid in an AFL drills, bit like watching the kiwi bloke. Plus why waste our debutants at interstate games! We need something to get excited about for next year. Playing in the NAB cup and see if he can do well enough to sign a few members up.

• Like 1

He's built well through the season. But is averaging about 20 touches at Casey. Toumpas has gone back and had 28 then 32 touches in the VFL and we all think he's not ready for AFL yet. Makes me think Barry won't be close.

Especially watching Barry at training earlier in the year. He often looked like he was struggling in the more technical drills it was like watching an actual kid in an AFL drills, bit like watching the kiwi bloke. Plus why waste our debutants at interstate games! We need something to get excited about for next year. Playing in the NAB cup and see if he can do well enough to sign a few members up.

Not sure the NAB cup is going ahead next season, hasn't it been canned.

Wouldn't mind seeing Barry but definitely want to see Taggert in for the next 2 games.

Barry has had a groin injury, so there is absolutely no chance he gets a game this week.

3 outs with injury are givens, and Dawes and Frawley regaining full fitness are both automatic ins as well.

Outs:

Strauss, Blease, Byrnes (all inj), Spencer, Tapscott, Davis

Ins:
Magner, Rodan, Taggert, Gawn, Dawes, Frawley

3 mids for the 3 mids, straight ruckman swap, swap of Frawley for Davis (despite Davis playing fwd in seniors), Tapscott useless as usual at least Dawes will offer us a target.

Ins for this week: Rodan, Nicholson, Frawley, Toumpas and Dawes.

This will mean Toumpas cannot play finals for Casey.

For some reason they will not pick Magner or Taggert. Both will be delisted at end of year. Then they will go to another club and play over 100 games.

I doubt Magner will play 100 games at any other club. Even if he made it to another club and did well at his age and his skill level he'd be lucky to get 100 games. He's 26 so he'd need 6 seasons on the list.

Taggert on the other hand whilst the club has been disappointed I'm sure that he hasn't been getting more ball at Casey or doing excellent defensive work I see no indication to delist him. He missed almost his entire first season and was restricted in preseason. There are plenty of others on the list to cull before Taggert.

Toumpas will come in because he deserves to and he will not play Casey finals because he's done well enough to not spend a lot of time at Casey. That's fine by me. Deliberately qualifying guys for Casey is nearly as bad as pulling them and not letting them play for Casey.

A few good issues this week at selection table.

Craigy hates making changes - has made only 12 in total in eight selection nights - that's 1.5 a game despite the fact that we've been belted in at least four games under his watch.

But he has to make a minimum of three changes for injury - Blease, Strauss and Byrnes.

He also has to get rid of Davis or risk further ridicule at AAMI Stadium - poor fella has had 12 disposals in two games (that's 6 per game) and kicked one goal from a handball over the top to him. It's not his fault, he's a defender after all.

Tapscott, Howey and Fitzy all were quiet again last week but I'd expect all to survive again because Craig will have go apopleptic if he makes that many changes and has to tell them they are dropped.

Apart from Frawley and Dawes returning, he also has to decide if he can upset Pedersen, who was 23rd man last week, and did well, by his standards, in game against Suns.

Then he has to decide if the two who dominated in the magoos for the second week in a row - Gawn and Magner - get a call up.

I'm sure we will go bigger than last week when we were saved by Sandilands injury, but we won't go three ruckmen and Dawes, especially as Crows usually only have one ruck - Jacobs.

And if Frawley plays, then there's no room for Pedo down back anyway.

Grimes hopefully will go back to defence where he made his name and replace Strauss, which will free up a spot in midfield rotation for Magner.

The last spot has to go to a midfielder and IMO will get down to a battle of three - Nicholson (yes I know he does howlers, but who else has the speed to tag Dangerfield), Toumpas (which would mean he can't play for Casey in finals) and Taggert (who kicked five in VFL and deserves a shot just as much as Jimmy T). If they go Jimmy T, then Jordie will have to play on Danger which is a big ask, especially when Sloane and Crouch are other good options for him.

So, Out: Blease, Strauss, Byrnes (all inj), Davis. In: Frawley, Dawes, Magner, Nicholson.

Personally I'd like to see both Gawn and Taggert play this week ahead of Fitzy and Tappy, who have both now had plenty of chances, but I don't reckon it will happen for reasons stated above.