• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I have waited 13yrs for some justice after that GF loss in 2000!

Finally to see the scum on town the front & back pages of the paper!

It makes our tanking allegations seem like nothing!

I hope they get stripped of draft picks, fines,coaches & footy dept banned from football!

Still doesnt make up for 2000.

• Like 2

I always thought of Judd when I see Armstrong.?

Bags of ice .

Cool,calculating ,rich ,dodgy .

anyone else think that McVeigh's comments were a good sign from a ex leader at their club? Would have loved Jr, Robbo or Bruce to come ou and say "Brock is a digrntled ex player who is talking smack"......

Couldnt have put it any better myself,post of the thread.

Jose made a post early on which seems to be echoed by a bomberblitz poster;

The substance is NOT prohibited under the WADA code unless it’s used in a certain way (known as an intravenous infusion). I don't think anyone is alleging we have illegally administered the substance to our players - it’s definitely allowed to be injected, subject to certain limitations on the amount and the frequency of the injections. Based on what I've been told, I think we can ignore all the "injecting room scandal" stories.

The problem is that although it’s not banned by WADA, it’s illegal to import, manufacture or purchase this substance in Australia. As such, I think the feeling is that the players may be safe, but the investigation centres on the fact that someone at the club (and I think I have an idea who) may be in some serious trouble for possessing and administering the substance to our players here in Australia. I’m pretty sure this is where the whole “criminal drug gang” angle to this story has come from.

Doing my best Carro impersination (joining dots haphazardly) i'd say Dank has been investigated by the Fed's for possessing and administering the substance in Aus, the bombers caught wind of this and called the press conference to get the WADA involved. This way the players will be cleared as its not a banned substance. You think that Dank and Wepon and perhaps the club will be smashed for breaking the law though.

• Like 1

I believe the 3 strike policy relates to illicit drugs and not doping. The doping rule is first strike could be up to 2 years suspension.

Source

That's correct, and it is not a requirement that the competition test for these type of drugs except for match day. My point is the AFL should get their house in order on critical issues like performance enhancing drugs and forget these other side issues.

I know the last thing the AFL wants is a drug scandal but for the life of me I could not get the grin off my face today. The same bloke who day after day would email me 'tanking revelation' happens to be a mad Essendon supporter. As I got in my car he showed me the essendon football he'd bought along with the membership for his daughter and left me with the words, " you don't need to worry about a membership for your team".

I started the engine and the first words I heard on the radio were " if you've just joined us, the Essendon football club is crisis today....."

I immediately thought of Michael Long and Troy Simmons and the worst day I've had at a footy game. It's been a long time coming but I hope it hurts them like hell!

• Like 7

As much as I hate Essendon, can the competition afford to have one of it's powerhouses on it's knees ?

Yes!!!!.I hate Essendon even more than the filth and Carlton. I would really love it if they were destroyed. ( Of course, unfortunately, that won't be allowed to happen)

Bags of ice .

Cool,calculating ,rich ,dodgy .

both elite endurance, with some speed???

makes vizy wonder?

we know now about benny.

& a mate of mine was on a hawk list in the 80's, & he always talks about "the Elephant Juice", "the Elephant Juice",,, when he gets [censored].

brags about the hawk ways.

I know the last thing the AFL wants is a drug scandal but for the life of me I could not get the grin off my face today. The same bloke who day after day would email me 'tanking revelation' happens to be a mad Essendon supporter. As I got in my car he showed me the essendon football he'd bought along with the membership for his daughter and left me with the words, " you don't need to worry about a membership for your team".

I started the engine and the first words I heard on the radio were " if you've just joined us, the Essendon football club is crisis today....."

I immediately thought of Michael Long and Troy Simmons and the worst day I've had at a footy game. It's been a long time coming but I hope it hurts them like hell!

love the passion!

what does your friend mean by saying "you don't need to worry about a membership for your team"??

Belt him. Arrogant [censored].

• Like 1

That's correct, and it is not a requirement that the competition test for these type of drugs except for match day. My point is the AFL should get their house in order on critical issues like performance enhancing drugs and forget these other side issues.

Actually ASADA can test any AFL player 365 days of the year. They have access both off season and during season. Page 10 of the brochure lays out some of the highlights of their testing regime. Also the AFL publish the results every year, not in great detail, mind you, but numbers tested and number of positive results found by ASADA.

Edited by Felix da Dee

I thik the thread should be about reducing drugs & supplements in AFL sport, & not about hiding it in the shadows.

cleaning it out & not lidfting the corner of the rug. but there you go, sometimes you have to backup to get on the right road.

stop the amount of rotations & burst players,,, & return to natural endurence players.

too many interchange/burst players: & too much reliance because they can thru interchange, bulk way up...

bring back robbie & vanderhaar days...

As much as I hate Essendon, can the competition afford to have one of it's powerhouses on it's knees ?

Smithy, we were the most powerful,POWERHOUSE team in the competition for a long period of time through the golden premiership Norm Smith years!

We have suffered horribly since 1964, more horribly than any other team. Regardless of our own management and stuff ups and more than a modicum of tellingly bad luck( Karma)

My view is what goes around comes around and whilst not going overboard about Essendons shocking football department mangement and clear supplemental increments, I say stuff em!! Do the crime do the time and if that means Essendon goes onto its kness SO BE IT!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

yes the comp will survive.

The demons can take their place. The VFL survived 2 world wars it can survived a seriously wounded Essenlude.

They get no sympathy from me..

Don't go soft on Windy Hill cripes!!

• Like 1

Who knows what he meant. He's not a bad bloke but there's an ingrown arrogance with these pr##ks. I've got to say, I've always hated them well above all other teams since 2000...and that includes Pies and Blues.

Couldn't wait for him to get to work today. Nor could about 10 others. Release the Melbourne findings now!

• Like 1

On tomorrow night (thursday). Obviously about essendon but it will be Caro v Lloyd. Im assuming he will front up for the first show. If only Grant Thomas was there as well.

Im assuming Hutchy wont be there as he is in the states but Damo will probably fill in which will make it more interesting.

Anyway not sure if we will be spoken about or not.

hmmmn Thomas, another media rebel who has mysteriously, disappeared... quietly, at end of contract, vlad...

I can't wait for 2022, to hear all the truth out there, when these guys art all fully retired.

can the competition afford to continue to be dishonest. on drugs & supplements. & with teams bending rules to cling to the competativeness of the spoilt clubs...

the AFL has contributed to & constructed the mess by hiding the truth.