Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

What a pity this didn't go to court, it was the only hope of us ever getting close to the truth.

...but the plan from his end was always to push for the dollars, he held his line under good advise knowing that Essendon would never go to court and got the result.

• Like 1

Hird's selfish decision to draw this sordid matter out even further by lodging this appeal can surely only harm the club in the upcoming trade and draft periods.

Who would want to deal with them, not knowing who they really are, and similarly who would want to be drafted by them?

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2014/10/02/james-hird-went-untouchable-unmentionable/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The+New+Daily+Friday+3102014+Aus+Super&utm_content=The+New+Daily+Friday+3102014+Aus+Super+CID_0ffcdb25cd301b52759783654e15483b&utm_source=&utm_term=How%20James%20Hird%20went%20from%20untouchable%20to%20unmentionable

Quote:

When it was announced Hird would take over as Essendon coach in September 2010, the returning king said he was putting his reputation on the line by taking the post.

“There is no better time to come onto the Essendon Football Club than right now. It probably doesn’t get any more rock bottom than this,” Hird said.

Well, it can and it has.

• Like 2

The Social Litigator looks at how the Federal Court Full Court might approach James Hirds appeal.

Lawyer Natalie Hickey recognises from the outset that the proceedings are as much strategic as they are legal and it's clear from her analysis that Hird has a tough job ahead of him if his appeal is to succeed. However, I suspect that this is really about the practicalities of achieving the best outcome for himself when the relationship between the club and he is inevitably eventually severed.

It's not about Essendon or the players, it's about Hird himself and probably always was that way.

In the meantime, the Bombers' list remains unchanged with only Leroy Jetta who wanted out apparently delisted and, of course, we know full well about Paddy Ryder. The Bombers' trade and draft position will be in disarray until this messy situation is resolved and it really is time for Hird to consider the good of the club and the team instead of himself.

You have to like the score of Natalie and her mates at the social litigator. They have been bang on with pretty much everything. Her take on Hirds appeal is again a well reasoned and argued article.

I cant see how he can win at appeal, not sure what his end game is other than to sue the backside of the AFL and maybe Demitriou.

Once he is sacked then he has no standing to the majority of his appeal and it is doomed.

I doubt that ASADA will proceed untill his appeal is heard despite the appeal IMO being almost frivolous. ASADA cant risk getting half way through the process and having the evidejnce it is using declared illegal by the full bench.

We need to identify Hirds legal team and ensure they are published so none of us never make the mistake of wasting our hard earned cash using them. I would not get them to do a conveyance for me.

• Like 4

That would be a first WJ

and I would not hold your breath

yeahh..... nahhhhh

wont happen ..lol

Fligh high James "Icarus" Hird.....high !!!! ^_^

Cost them $1m for the Weapon to keep his mouth shut.

WOW

How much will it cost them for Hird to shut up?

How much will it cost them for Hird to shut up?

I don't want him to shut up, the more he fights the worse this gets for Essendon, and every year this is in the news is a year the druggies won't accomplish anything in this competition. Then there's the rebuild from the fallout.

The best thing is that even if this all finished today, the Drugs have gone from top 4 hopefuls and contenders to also runs and they've lost their window with Jab at least and we are probably in a better position for a flag in the next 5 years than they are- and that's saying something lol

More salty Essendrug tears please.

• Like 1

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2014/10/02/james-hird-went-untouchable-unmentionable/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The+New+Daily+Friday+3102014+Aus+Super&utm_content=The+New+Daily+Friday+3102014+Aus+Super+CID_0ffcdb25cd301b52759783654e15483b&utm_source=&utm_term=How%20James%20Hird%20went%20from%20untouchable%20to%20unmentionable

Quote:

When it was announced Hird would take over as Essendon coach in September 2010, the returning king said he was putting his reputation on the line by taking the post.

“There is no better time to come onto the Essendon Football Club than right now. It probably doesn’t get any more rock bottom than this,” Hird said.

Well, it can and it has.

Wow. Can't believe he said that back then.

Rock bottom...

He didn't know what rock bottom was.

He's about to find out.

• Like 1

The Social Litigator makes at least one point that must surely sink Hird's ploy at the starting gate

For whatever reason , Hird is asking the Court to rule that ASADA's investigation was illegal and that the evidence that it obtained ought to be thrown out.

Simultaneously he comes out and announces that he doesn't want to delay the show cause notices !!

So he is happy for the players to go through the ordeal of defending themselves against evidence he wants the Federal Court to quash! So the players are found guilty - accept suspensions - and he bobs up with a Court ruling that the suspensions weren't based on valid evidence !!

The man's flipped!! Sounds like the ideal man to coach Essendon!

• Like 1

Funny. Could have sworn Middleton said it WAS legal and even if it wasnt it might as well be and those arguing refer back to point one ; it IS legal

Of course Golden boy keeps applying his versions of values to all things.

That would be a FAIL there Jacques !!!

Funny. Could have sworn Middleton said it WAS legal and even if it wasnt it might as well be and those arguing refer back to point one ; it IS legal

Of course Golden boy keeps applying his versions of values to all things.

That would be a FAIL there Jacques !!!

We tend to forget that what Jaques says may not be what he means.

I am going to appeal the Federal Court decision as it would be to admit a lie.

Translation :I am going to do what ever it takes to get a bigger payout from Essendon, I don't care who I hurt or what it takes even if it destroys every friendship I have ever had and totally ruins my beloved club, just offer me heaps of money and I will go away, until I need more money.

• Like 2

If Hird loses his case as many think he will, what will be his possible next move? I dont think his scheming mind will settle for a repeat of dose Middleton's justice as final. Any opinions?

I don't think the appeal will go ahead. I think it is a bargaining chip. It's like watching a magician, they wave their hands about and make you watch what they want you to watch, meantime the skulduggery goes on elsewhere...More obfuscation.

If ???

He's on a hirding to nothing :)

If ???

He's on a hirding to nothing :)

Did a search on hirding, not in Wikipedia. But in my urban slang dictionary it means, Low life scum bag, Untrustworthy cheat, see Mitch Clark11 was that your meaning?

If Hird loses his case as many think he will, what will be his possible next move? I dont think his scheming mind will settle for a repeat dose of Middleton's justice as final. Any opinions?

UN Human Rights Commission?

The Hague - nice and close to Paris. -_-

• Like 4