Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

You would think that Middleton J would hold off with his decision until Essendon's season is over. Hopefully, we'll hear from him on Monday morning :)

I would love for the bombers to lose this weekend and receive a negative finding from Middleton on Monday. Gold.

Under the subhead "prohibited substances", the report says there is "player knowledge of the storage of WADA-prohibited substances at the club based on interview transcripts and quoting examples".

GONE

How is it possible that this document exists yet the players are still playing?

The system moves far, far too slowly.

Also this would essentially mean no other club will be trading with Essendon this season.

Bombers would like to stop it but know they cannot, just trying to get through the finals series and the next draft before they are hit, with their 6 month probably back dated sanction.

How can they go to the draft with this hanging over their heads?

Before anyone goes shopping for any bombers understand theyll all soon be off the market for a while :rolleyes:

pure folly to take any of them

• Like 2

Funny thing about cracks and be under no illusion there's an almighty fissure opening up out Windy Hill way , is that they seldom get smaller !

Once the "official solidarity " is broken more will part like an iceberg breaking up....bit by bit 'til there's sfa left.

If , and I can see no reason on the surface why he wouldn't be , Ryder is successful in triggering his walk from Essendon I should have no doubt a small line will appear behind him. Just where they actually think they're going is another thing. They must be rolling the dice big time to think that the Middleton decision will fall their way and prevent ASADA pursuing the SCN's.

ASADA will be like a dog and a bone . The players are naive if they think they can simply walk away and into new climes.

They are leppers. Maybe thats why Ryder thinks he can go to the Lions perhaps :rolleyes:

Funny thing about cracks and be under no illusion there's an almighty fissure opening up out Windy Hill way , is that they seldom get smaller !

Once the "official solidarity " is broken more will part like an iceberg breaking up....bit by bit 'til there's sfa left.

If , and I can see no reason on the surface why he wouldn't be , Ryder is successful in triggering his walk from Essendon I should have no doubt a small line will appear behind him. Just where they actually think they're going is another thing. They must be rolling the dice big time to think that the Middleton decision will fall their way and prevent ASADA pursuing the SCN's.

ASADA will be like a dog and a bone . The players are naive if they think they can simply walk away and into new climes.

They are leppers. Maybe thats why Ryder thinks he can go to the Lions perhaps :rolleyes:

Didn't ASADA say that if they lost they would just simply re-issue the SCN's?

• Like 1

Indeed they did. Also the idea of the Windy litigation is some forlorn hope that Middleton will deliberate and order that these and future SCN's are invalid. I dont know how that can occur but its what Little is aiming for. That and to delay beyond this draft and trade period.

If as has been suggested Middleton may return sooner rather than later then I would think Essendon are well and truly in the poo.

If they are stymied at that point together with players walking then their situation becomes quite untenable.

A worst case scenario for them is this weekend is their LAST game.

Go Roos !!!

Shame that Ryder wants to go to a non-football state - how does he feel about non-football teams like the Dees?

I'm amazed something like this is happening first rather than a Momfries or a Crameri doing a deal with asada.

But ultimately as long as dominoes fall and the peptides crumble...ALL GOOD!

That'll take some beating as the best one-liner of the week.

Indeed they did. Also the idea of the Windy litigation is some forlorn hope that Middleton will deliberate and order that these and future SCN's are invalid. I dont know how that can occur but its what Little is aiming for. That and to delay beyond this draft and trade period.

If as has been suggested Middleton may return sooner rather than later then I would think Essendon are well and truly in the poo.

If they are stymied at that point together with players walking then their situation becomes quite untenable.

A worst case scenario for them is this weekend is their LAST game.

Go Roos !!!

While I agree with the general drift, Bub, the Cronulla situation has changed things significantly. If Ryder manages by this to wriggle free of Little's thumbscrews there's nothing to stop him knocking on ASADA's door - before or after Middleton's judgement - and asking about a deal. He'd be mad not to.

While I agree with the general drift, Bub, the Cronulla situation has changed things significantly. If Ryder manages by this to wriggle free of Little's thumbscrews there's nothing to stop him knocking on ASADA's door - before or after Middleton's judgement - and asking about a deal. He'd be mad not to.

Now theres a point, the lions could have said if you can get out of your contract, and guarantee us no more than a 6 month ban then here is a massive pay rise to join our drug free club

It will be every man for himself before too long..

If I was 23 and my career was transhed like that I would be very angry...

Check the article i posted yesterday, McDevitt will do everything in his power to understand what happened at Ess as long as he is not legally bound not too by Middleton's outcome.

I guess this would be him showing "significant assistance" or whatever in order to reduce his ban.

Could you imagine all 34 of them doing that?

Man I hope this all blows up in Essendon's face. What a disgrace of a football club.

I guess this would be him showing "significant assistance" or whatever in order to reduce his ban.

Could you imagine all 34 of them doing that?

Man I hope this all blows up in Essendon's face. What a disgrace of a football club.

I'm surprised that there's been no breaking ranks till now. I'm assuming that, just as the players seem to have been put under some duress to sign up to the supplements regime they're under some duress from the club to hold the line now. One possibility I see is that, with Little the Litigator in charge, players have been told that since there's 'no evidence', anyone admitting to taking illegal supplements will be damaging Essendon's 'good name' and action will be taken against them by the club. But who'd know? The spin has been so relentless that maybe the players still believe they've done 'nothing wrong'. Good on Ryder if he's finally punctured that one.

• Like 1

I am just suprised this has taken so long.

I thought once Turd had been given paid refuge the players would have thought "stuff this"...but maybe Little had heavy persuasive powers.

It's interesting to think that out of all those managers not one has thought, perhaps it's in our best interests to get out of this club and look to take a deal, it's hard to believe.

As long as there's a whiff of a chance that Middleton J might rule in Essendon's favour, he really would be advised not to do that.If the investigation is ruled to be in accordance with ASADA's powers then if he's received a show cause notice then he should try to seek a deal if one is on the table.The deal couldn't possibly be the same as the one for the Cronulla players mainly because the Cronulla co-operated with the NRL investigation. You couldn't say that about Essendon.

• Like 1

It's interesting to think that out of all those managers not one has thought, perhaps it's in our best interests to get out of this club and look to take a deal, it's hard to believe.

Someone said before that clubs can be very insular environments.

Stockholm's maybe?