Totally unacceptable performance, simple as that!

trenners should not be captain, i have faith he will be a good player, but Jones is our leader, it's painfully obvious, would anyone here really follow Jack Trengove into battle?

Neil Craig spoke really well in the presser. I don't see him as the full time coach but i want him to stay at the club.

Grimes is a lost little boy. He is not a future captain..

Right now this club is very very sick all the way through.

A big part of our downward spiral was the idiocy of appointing two unproven AFL footballers as co-captains.

Exactly. Impeding on their own development also. Can't drop or rest a captain, can you? I feel sorry for these two, especially Trengove. Great kid, love him but really putting a junior front and centre in this rabble is asking too much from anyone. Totally irresponsible decision from a football novice coach.

New coach give the captaincy to Jones and be done with it!!

We have too many passengers, too many guys who let us down too often, and no midfield.

This discussion has been had a few times, but as far as I am concerned, we haven't improved under Craig. For a couple of weeks we played some easier teams and looked a bit better, and we possessed the ball a bit more. Geelong and today were as bad as we have ever been.

• Like 1

Happy birthday champ. Drink up. You've got double the reasons.

Thanks PM got out of bed this morning at 5.30am to watch the game on the AFL site and that was my start to the day, great.

Unfortunately I don't drink although I might start.

We have too many passengers, too many guys who let us down too often, and no midfield.

This discussion has been had a few times, but as far as I am concerned, we haven't improved under Craig. For a couple of weeks we played some easier teams and looked a bit better, and we possessed the ball a bit more. Geelong and today were as bad as we have ever been.

We have fools who are the previous administration that saw a future in Darwin, if anyone on this forum has the slightest ounce of intelligence they will back Port to win by more than 50 points tommorow, the clubs a dead basket case that refuses to pick midfielders, Fitzpatrick , Gawn , Spencer , Dawes , Clark, McDonald and Watts ,the list goes on and on, the clubs run by morons, you need 12 players rotating through the centre and if you don't you can expect today's results, guys like Dean Bailey and Mark Neeld have absolutely destroyed this once proud club, there a [censored] disgrace to there profession .
  • Like 1

Yes i agree 100%.

Neil Craig is a good man, but he alone cannot revive the rancid sickness that still permeates our club.

Having to pay 100% of the salary cap just makes it that much harder to improve this list of players.

I was unable to make the game today which turned out to be a blessing.I did watch the game on Foxtel though.

My observations for what they are worth were:

• Agree with commentators that we shouldn't play a spare player in defence. Due to our current lack of ability we must play man on man IMO.
  • Dunn tried hard and did okay.
  • We NEED to move the ball quickly inside 50.Must stop dicking around with the ball in the back half.We just don't have the skill.
  • I really hope Col re signs.
  • Wasn't Neil Craig's best effort today.
  • Trengove has inherited Brock Mcleans concrete boots from when he was at Melbourne.(Jiimy T might have got a pair too!)
  • Our ability to hold tackles was deplorable!!
  • There are a few players whose confidence seems shot and could benefit from a trip to a sports psychologist.
  • Plaudits to Watts for chopping out in the ruck.he did a reasonable job and I still have great belief in him becoming a gun.
  • We MUST get it right re new coach and a couple of qulaity ready amde midfielders to help the youngsters.
  • Gawn will be a very good player for us with a better fitness base and more experience.
  • We need a priority draft pick even though i don't thimk we deserve it.
  • We still have the best jumpers in the league.
  • The Norm Smith curse is still holding us back and if the club won't address it, we as supporters must.We are clearly cursed there is no other explanation.
  • Like 1

The Geelong game we kept it together at times we often wouldn't.

Today was a step backwards for sure.

A comparison of the our two matches against Brisbane highlight our small but still subsequential improvement.

We have fools who are the previous administration that saw a future in Darwin, if anyone on this forum has the slightest ounce of intelligence they will back Port to win by more than 50 points tommorow, the clubs a dead basket case that refuses to pick midfielders, Fitzpatrick , Gawn , Spencer , Dawes , Clark, McDonald and Watts ,the list goes on and on, the clubs run by morons, you need 12 players rotating through the centre and if you don't you can expect today's results, guys like Dean Bailey and Mark Neeld have absolutely destroyed this once proud club, there a [censored] disgrace to there profession .

Bailey built a backline. Neeld brought a forward line and our next coach will bring a miracle to our midfield. That's the faith.

And it's not the talls you mention that are the problem. All good teams need good talls and you have to invest in them. It's the flankers we spent top picks on who will be our undoing - Blease, Strauss, (even Grimes don't hate me), Maric, Gysberts, Tapscott, Benell, Jetta.

I'd start by trading any substandard flankers with value for midfielders with talent. I'm think Watts, Blease, Strauss, Tapscott for anything we can get to fill those 12 positions you mentioned!

• Like 1

Might Darwin have been a big factor in that shameful display?

Stop making excuses for this pathetic excuse of a football team

Totally unacceptable performance, simple as that!

trenners should not be captain, i have faith he will be a good player, but Jones is our leader, it's painfully obvious, would anyone here really follow Jack Trengove into battle?

You have faith ! are you insane

• Like 1

Bailey built a backline. Neeld brought a forward line and our next coach will bring a miracle to our midfield. That's the faith.

And it's not the talls you mention that are the problem. All good teams need good talls and you have to invest in them. It's the flankers we spent top picks on who will be our undoing - Blease, Strauss, (even Grimes don't hate me), Maric, Gysberts, Tapscott, Benell, Jetta.

I'd start by trading any substandard flankers with value for midfielders with talent. I'm think Watts, Blease, Strauss, Tapscott for anything we can get to fill those 12 positions you mentioned!

I dont see any forward line or backline, we lost by 20 goals,our talls are putrid, Bailey and Neeld couldnt construct a back yard shed.

You have faith ! are you insane

I am a Dees supporter so the answer is probably yes, but i think he will come good, maybe he won't be the second coming of Nathan Buckley like he was compared to when he was drafted but i can see him becoming a solid player, not a captain.

I was unable to make the game today which turned out to be a blessing.I did watch the game on Foxtel though.

• Agree with commentators that we shouldn't play a spare player in defence. Due to our current lack of ability we must play man on man IMO.
  • We NEED to move the ball quickly inside 50.Must stop dicking around with the ball in the back half.We just don't have the skill.
  • Trengove has inherited Brock Mcleans concrete boots from when he was at Melbourne.(Jiimy T might have got a pair too!)
  • There are a few players whose confidence seems shot and could benefit from a trip to a sports psychologist.
  • Plaudits to Watts for chopping out in the ruck.he did a reasonable job and I still have great belief in him becoming a gun.
  • We MUST get it right re new coach and a couple of qulaity ready amde midfielders to help the youngsters.
  • Gawn will be a very good player for us with a better fitness base and more experience.
  • The Norm Smith curse is still holding us back and if the club won't address it, we as supporters must.We are clearly cursed there is no other explanation.

Resign Silvia ? Now I know you know mothing!

Resign Silvia ? Now I know you know mothing!

Hmmm. I thought I put a space between the re and the sign. Oh, I did! :)

What is mothing btw? Is it a past time similar to butterfly catching?