POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

We won!!! At last. Almost threw my phone through the wall in the last 10 mins - the AFL app was the only access I had tonight. But we won!!!!

Did we just hold off breaking our own record of losing from 40 points up in the last quarter against Essendon back in 1993 I think? We were 45 up and all but threw it. Anyway we held on this time but really why is it so hard to get a win around here?

I'll take it. The players need to get a taste for winning again. They've been so used to doom and gloom in recent years - this is what it's all about, irrespective of the final margin. Nice to be on Demonland after a match and not talking about a loss.

• Like 3

yeah im down a pair of jocks as well , but we got the chokkies , , I cant complain , go dees , you beauty , this win will count in the long run , phewwwww

Blease injured his foot. Poor kid.

Crap win tonight. I'd usually say I'll take any win, but to win that way limping over the line after being 45 points up 15 minutes into the last quarter... that was pathetic and I'm very disappointed.

It's not often we win a game mate. Don't forget we lost a game to a franchise side by 10 goals ON OUR HOME TURF less than 2 months ago. Enjoy the 4 points - things are on the improve!

• Like 1

For all those who are somehow disappointed with this win (as opposed to bloody relieved), remember that just last week the greatest team of all time lost from pretty much the same position.

Conclusion = Melbourne is now better than Geelong.

• Like 14

I need a stiff Drink!!!!

What an ending. Had me interested in the game right until the end.

Now that what Footy is all about.

And I said the MFC would not win another game this season.

Sometime its great to be wrong.

We ran out of legs but it was a terrific effort for the majority of the game.

Before the bounce we would have taken any sort of win.

We played like a team .... at last.

• Like 6

Finally we have a tagger of some use.

Nicho has found his role and we are no longer playing one down with McKenzie spudding it up not hitting targets.

Show some respect to McKenzie keyboard warrior he is the one putting his life on the line for this club whilst you are probably at home in your comfy lazyboy, stuffing your face with chips!

• Like 2

Tom mcdonald has got to be the worst player. He is so indecisive and he usually picks the worst decision out of all of the options. Hyped because he can run but seriously, we can't go forward with him in the team

He's one of those dudes who's better when they don't get too much time to think...

• Like 2

Tom mcdonald has got to be the worst player. He is so indecisive and he usually picks the worst decision out of all of the options. Hyped because he can run but seriously, we can't go forward with him in the team

LOL! Takes the game on, defends well, but as always will be dissed for his (admittedly shocking) errors. He isn't perfect, but as tonight has shown (when he TOOK US FORWARD numerous times) we could do worse than have him in our backline.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GAMEDAY: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons and the Dockers meet on halfway on neutral territory in the heart of the country in Alice Springs and the Dees need to win to hold onto a place in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Mid-Season Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected Western Australian key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 240

TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

… meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 284

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!