WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

But you know Melbourne supporters we are very "Supersticious".

Well Heaven help us all , Im sure We can work it out so Dont you Worry 'bout a thing !! :rolleyes:

he also said later that he would talk to PJ within 24 hours, why would he if PJ already knew he had to wait for his family to get back?

it's all a performance to build up to a presser, no need to panic.

Did you notice Sheahan laugh at a Roos answer and then realize he may have been on camera, quickly compose himself and look embarrassed for a few minutes.

Mike did that a few times, but I felt it was just as a MFC supporter who, like the rest of us, was muttering under our breath at every sidestep - "you're kidding me, right?"

What he said about the Bluey has some merit - and would make him look silly if he turned around and did a massive Liberace on Thursday.

I don't think this is done until next week.

• Like 2

But you know Melbourne supporters we are very "Supersticious".

I don't understand why.

We trained so well in the pre season.

We played so well in the pre season.

We recruited well in the Draft.

Players need to play 50 games to show real improvement (Then why recruit so many Noobs)

Do I need to go on?

Trust nobody and rely on results, that is the only true MFC way.

• Like 1

I don't understand why.

We trained so well in the pre season.

We played so well in the pre season.

We recruited well in the Draft.

Players need to play 50 games to show real improvement (Then why recruit so many Noobs)

Do I need to go on?

Trust nobody and rely on results, that is the only true MFC way.

Your last line says it all for now TBF.

Results is what I believe.

I will believe Roos is the coach when his signature is announced.

If he signs this week he deals with the exit strategies and culling of players.

If he signs next week, players have their exit meetings and would be cut would be told.

I'm sure his opinion would have been sought but this way his first actions are positive and 2013 is done and dusted.

• Like 2

If he signs this week he deals with the exit strategies and culling of players.

If he signs next week, players have their exit meetings and would be cut would be told.

I'm sure his opinion would have been sought but this way his first actions are positive and 2013 is done and dusted.

Would be nearly more appropriate for Neil Craig to handle those things even if Roos was appointed imo.

Should we be worried that the club is telling us what Roos is telling us, that a decision hasn't been made yet? Could it be true?

Why do I feel like this could all go seriously wrong at the last minute and leave us all crushed.

I'd be more confident, for the club to actually believe their is a chance he is going to say no and still postpone coaching interviews is just crazy, i'd say it's a build up, dragging it out to after the Bluey as per Roos wishes, plenty of people who would know are very confident, mfc's actions reflect confidence, roos is fueling this mostly himself,

i'm certainly backing us in from here

If Roos wasnt taking the job he would have simply said No by now. He would appreciate the position we are in and that things need to move on etc.

If he wasnt part of the picture of Melbourne going forward , then we'd be doing just that , moving on with things.

Strangely thats not the case, Logic suggests the reason

• Like 8

Mike did that a few times, but I felt it was just as a MFC supporter who, like the rest of us, was muttering under our breath at every sidestep - "you're kidding me, right?"

What he said about the Bluey has some merit - and would make him look silly if he turned around and did a massive Liberace on Thursday.

I don't think this is done until next week.

Agreed - as Caroline Wilson rightly said (I know I know) Its not so much about disrupting the players celebrations its the fact that it would be rude towards Neil Craig.

Lets just hope to god that it is Friday because I can't sleep while refreshing the AFL page!

I find this all very interesting. My understanding from within the club (those who really care who can stroll through 177 pages and read my previous posts) is that Paul Roos has indicated to the club that he will be our coach next season. It is also my understanding that he has not yet signed. I know as a fact the Roos has been in communications with MFC since R2 and that despite what he has said publically has remained in communications with the club during this time. That's almost 6 months! I believe Paul Roos is a man of outstanding character, but it is clear from the charade that he is not speaking as absolutely and out-right honestly as he claims. For example it is a fact that he publically said he had no interest in coaching Melbourne whilst in discussions with PJ................. but knowing this he always left the door just a little open. As I have said before PJ and the board has always maintained confidence they would get their man.

The reason for the final delay is interesting. It could be Roos waiting for final confirmation of AFL assistance, it could be fine details on the structure of the club and his ultimate power, it could be family as stated (however I don't believe so), it could be a respect thing with Craig and the season that has been, it could be details on his contract. Nevertheless, I don't believe for one second that this master of the press would have knowingly rehashed this story if he was not intending to take the role.

All I am saying is don't take his words on face value, with Roos you need to read between the lines and the writing between the lines reads positively.

• Like 11

I find this all very interesting. My understanding from within the club (those who really care who can stroll through 177 pages and read my previous posts) is that Paul Roos has indicated to the club that he will be our coach next season. It is also my understanding that he has not yet signed. I know as a fact the Roos has been in communications with MFC since R2 and that despite what he has said publically has remained in communications with the club during this time. That's almost 6 months! I believe Paul Roos is a man of outstanding character, but it is clear from the charade that he is not speaking as absolutely and out-right honestly as he claims. For example it is a fact that he publically said he had no interest in coaching Melbourne whilst in discussions with PJ................. but knowing this he always left the door just a little open. As I have said before PJ and the board has always maintained confidence they would get their man.

The reason for the final delay is interesting. It could be Roos waiting for final confirmation of AFL assistance, it could be fine details on the structure of the club and his ultimate power, it could be family as stated (however I don't believe so), it could be a respect thing with Craig and the season that has been, it could be details on his contract. Nevertheless, I don't believe for one second that this master of the press would have knowingly rehashed this story if he was not intending to take the role.

All I am saying is don't take his words on face value, with Roos you need to read between the lines and the writing between the lines reads positively.

Any chance they would be looking to announce Watts signature at the same time GNF?

• Like 1

As anxious as I am about this I know he will sign - this 'charade' just seems to me to be more about Roos' desire to use whatever (probably legitimate sticking point he has) to push the decision out and make it look like he didn't just 'do a Hird' and lie about not wanting to coach for a year then have a presser out of nowhere.

And I also think he wants to avoid the Bluey.

I would too, in fact, if I was Jackson I would not announce anything. Have whispers to all the tables but don't have a 'reveal.' It would be cringeworthy as the masses act as if we won the flag and start singing the song as Roos stands there awkwardly and makes a speech about getting better next year with a quarter of the players in the room knowing they won't be there.

(Shudder)

• Like 9

Any chance they would be looking to announce Watts signature at the same time GNF?

Doubtful.

The MFC will want Watts to sign on the basis we are improving.. not just on the hope that Roos will improve us.

IF he signs, it will be before or a week later.

Surely there's a clue in the reference to Bhutan. That's the place that measures Gross National Happiness.

she is actually designing a new national flag for the country

its her profession{designing}

The reading between the lines was pretty clear from the moment he was asked and he said he didnt think he wanted to coach and then when asked if that meant he definitely wouldnt coach next year and he went with "you never say never, I can only speak for this moment in time". It was pretty obvious it was bubbling under the surface then.

Contrast that with the Brisbane Lions " will you coach us " . the answer "no, no I wont".

• Like 2