WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

youre telling Roos to be smart...... how nice :wacko:

Oh sorry... For a moment, there I forgot we were dealing with a mega genius the likes we have never seen. In fact, I believe we should create an entirely new category for this kind of genius. They, from this point on, shall be called a 'Roos'.

Last time I checked, Paul didn't read this forum so I wasn't delivering that advice to him personally. I'm excited as anyone about him coming but my point was more general.

I'm with bloody Soxy. I'm out of here 'till February. I'm sick of [censored] on here lurking behind their keyboards and taking pot shots at posters or trying to find the most negative possible angle they can find on everything. I'll be back come February when the 'SACK PAUL ROOS' thread is up and the usual suspects are giving us chapter and verse on 'culture' (which they would be lucky to recognize in a tub of yoghurt).

At the risk of repeating myself so soon after typing this on the previous page, Roos final years at the Swans were NOT like that at all... they were playing exciting football.

I will take your word for it, too long ago for me, watched to much footy since then.

Oh sorry... For a moment, there I forgot we were dealing with a mega genius the likes we have never seen. In fact, I believe we should create an entirely new category for this kind of genius. They, from this point on, shall be called a 'Roos'.

Last time I checked, Paul didn't read this forum so I wasn't delivering that advice to him personally. I'm excited as anyone about him coming but my point was more general.

I'm with bloody Soxy. I'm out of here 'till February. I'm sick of [censored] on here lurking behind their keyboards and taking pot shots at posters or trying to find the most negative possible angle they can find on everything. I'll be back come February when the 'SACK PAUL ROOS' thread is up and the usual suspects are giving us chapter and verse on 'culture' (which they would be lucky to recognize in a tub of yoghurt).

mate... you want Roos to play a style that suits you hey..

who gives a flying.... honestly

what a [censored]

definitely agree with this postwinning games 9 goals to 7 goals will really get on my nerves

me too...after winning 60-70 games by 9 goals to 7 goals - by that stage I might ( and stress might) be over that sort of game plan.

• Like 4

Imo he will announce it before that for exactly that reason, i'm thinking friday or saturday but that's only a guess

OTC monday would be like hell if he was going to announce it the next day anyway.

My guess is also Friday. Roos made it clear that he didn't want to gazump the blueys and fair nuff. The buzz will super strong anyaway. Friday mid morning announcement is the go. Dominate the footy coverage over the weekend and allow me to reinvest my roos related winning (thanks GNF for the tip) on the ponies on Saturday. All the Monday footy shows then talk it up again Monday night.

Also a great chance for Gerard to say on 774 on Sunday 'my high? Roos coming to the dees and the joy it has brought to long suffering dees fans'

Edited by binman

me too...after winning 60-70 games by 9 goals to 7 goals - by that stage I might ( and stress might) be over that sort of game plan.

and if that crap happens to win us an ugly premiership, i'll tear up my membership and start the sack roos thread personally.

• Like 2

Haha! People on here worried about Paul Roos defensive game plan.

Gimme a break, our % this year was 52!

After the last 7 years of poo we have all witnessed i don't care what the scores are, as long as the MFC is in front!!

Regularly....

• Like 14

Hasn't this been gone through already somewhere in this thread? People always remember Roos approach to shutting games down, but at the same time they seem to forget that in the latter part of his tenure with the Swans, they were playing some very exciting and very open football... shutting down games does not worry me at all, because I think it simply will not happen.

I've also mentioned before that do people seriously think Roos will play the same game style he did in 2005 or 2010. You're dreaming. He'll have a gut running team that works hard defensively, but he will develop a game plan that suits his list, just as he did at Sydney. We have one of the most potentially damaging forward lines in the league. I wouldn't worry about defensive game styles.

• Like 3

I'm overseas at the moment and my bookkeeper rang the club about a payment and she was told by one of the staff so she sent me an email.

that's very impressive Robbie

you've got a bookkeeper

• Like 10

all these comments about defensive game plans are just absurd. I think with roos, one of the things that makes him such a great coach is that he is very inclusive, and by this i mean, the players will have a say in how they play, not all the say but at least some input, this will make it so much easier for the leaders to actually lead and direct on the field, as they understand the game plan so much better. Thats probably what helped sydney players become such good leaders.

• Like 1

I've also mentioned before that do people seriously think Roos will play the same game style he did in 2005 or 2010. You're dreaming. He'll have a gut running team that works hard defensively, but he will develop a game plan that suits his list, just as he did at Sydney. We have one of the most potentially damaging forward lines in the league. I wouldn't worry about defensive game styles.

Here here.

And let's focus on crawling out of this stinking pile of s*!% before we start criticising the finer points of our hypothetical fragrance.

• Like 9

My guess is also Friday. Roos made it clear that he didn't want to gazump the blueys and fair nuff. The buzz will super strong anyaway. Friday mid morning announcement is the go. Dominate the footy coverage over the weekend and allow me to reinvest my roos related winning (thanks GNF for the tip) on the ponies on Saturday. All the Monday footy shows then talk it up again Monday night.

Also a great chance for Gerard to say on 774 on Sunday 'my high? Roos coming to the dees and the joy it has brought to long suffering dees fans'

I wouldn't have thought so. I suspect actual games of Finals footy will dominate.

If the club wants to "dominate" the footy coverage, Tuesday or Wednesday would be the best days as all other days are dominated by selection news, match day coverage and post-match wrap up. But whether "dominating" the coverage is an integral part of the timing of any decision would be questionable for mine.

• Like 1

all these comments about defensive game plans are just absurd. I think with roos, one of the things that makes him such a great coach is that he is very inclusive, and by this i mean, the players will have a say in how they play, not all the say but at least some input, this will make it so much easier for the leaders to actually lead and direct on the field, as they understand the game plan so much better. Thats probably what helped sydney players become such good leaders.

TBH with a stronger team with good leadership that might work, but I don't think we should be allowing our players too much say in ANYTHING at the moment. Yes they have a part to play, but I think for too long our players have been given a long leash... that needs tightening...

• Like 1

I wouldn't have thought so. I suspect actual games of Finals footy will dominate.

If the club wants to "dominate" the footy coverage, Tuesday or Wednesday would be the best days as all other days are dominated by selection news, match day coverage and post-match wrap up. But whether "dominating" the coverage is an integral part of the timing of any decision would be questionable for mine.

Fair call. But it will certainly dominate my thinking and conversation

• Like 1

TBH with a stronger team with good leadership that might work, but I don't think we should be allowing our players too much say in ANYTHING at the moment. Yes they have a part to play, but I think for too long our players have been given a long leash... that needs tightening...

please, Paul, do it your way. We here are pretty very bloody stressed out.

• Like 1

I'm overseas at the moment and my bookkeeper rang the club about a payment and she was told by one of the staff so she sent me an email.

So did someone at the club say they are all in a meeting about who the new coach is (Roos) or are u just assuming that's what the meeting was about?

Would seem very odd they would say what the meeting is about to someone on the phone who is wanting to pay their membership.

So did someone at the club say they are all in a meeting about who the new coach is (Roos) or are u just assuming that's what the meeting was about?

Would seem very odd they would say what the meeting is about to someone on the phone who is wanting to pay their membership.

He's not paying his membership.