WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Sorry Redleg should have mentioned that the Pearce Hanley paragraph is a whisper I heard.

Kennelly has been in Melbourne though may not even be related to anything MFC.

Pearce Hanley is virtually my number one target - would be a fantastic addition to our list.

• Like 1

I hear Garry Lyon is interviewing Paul Roos.

as long as its on Tellie and not for a job !!! :rolleyes:

All very intriguing. But why would no selection panel be needed if Roos was appointed? Even if he is the standout candidate, surely you go through the motions. Are you assuming that the AFL just installs him?

I am assuming we just install him.

Carlton didnt need a panel to pick Malthouse.

Freo didnt need a panel to snare Lyon.

I am thinking that we wouldnt need a panel to install Roos.

We need a Board to make the decision, surely?

Jackson has to find us a coach and that is great, but he also has to find a group of Demons to sit on the effing Board to validate the decision on any appointment.

And, again, we don't have a Board.

Why should we have a coach before we have a Board?

And better yet, why should anyone make a decision to be a head coach when he doesn't know who he is working for?

• Like 2

Almost!

R & B I think you have had too much carrot cake over the weekend.

North NO, did you see them fix up the Tigers and we have not beaten them in years too good for us.

Brisbane a faint Chance if everything falls our way

GWS the way they played against the Dogs we will be lucky to get home on that form.

One from four is my only confidence and I dream of two and a similar showing to yesterday at the Cattery

I think it was not enough banana cake ... :) As you say, we haven't beaten anyone of note yet, but the trajectory, although very small, is in an upwards direction. If we keep this up for say 4 weeks, then Roos will know better than anyone that the Craig-for-coach momentum will become unstoppable. It is a big if, though ... Anyway, keep dreaming of wins, OD!

Im not sure , nor care (in a way ) how many games we win other than a win is a win ( and rare ) Im more interested in the method and style of playing. The endeavour and backbone etc

This is a game of dont blink.I dont really expect anyone too either though the media ought to be growling louder as things go on..

Despite any public denials and supposed apathy towards the position he would have been glued to the box yesterday. (he wouldnt be silly to show a face at a game lol )

To do or dont for Roos is about the interest and challenge . It might just be getting more interesting ( to him if no one else )

I hear you, BB, but some results do matter --- eg beating the Giants by a goal after the siren vs beating the Cats the same way. Put it this way -- most would put us down to beat the Giants (even OD :lol: ) and to lose to the Cats and the Dockers. As for the other 5, well, yes, the endeavour and style come into it in a much bigger way.

• Like 1

We need a Board to make the decision, surely?

Jackson has to find us a coach and that is great, but he also has to find a group of Demons to sit on the effing Board to validate the decision on any appointment.

And, again, we don't have a Board.

Why should we have a coach before we have a Board?

And better yet, why should anyone make a decision to be a head coach when he doesn't know who he is working for?

I think the point is that Roos is interviewing us, rather than the other way around (and he is presumably the only one in this position).

• Like 1

Lots of water needs to go under the bridge before Roos would accept the Melbourne Senior Coaching Job

What you also have to consider is other clubs making a play for Roos

Gold Coast Suns and West Coast are 2 i can think of that could make a good fit for Roos

Melbourne would be more of a challenge though

Lots of water needs to go under the bridge before Roos would accept the Melbourne Senior Coaching Job

What you also have to consider is other clubs making a play for Roos

Gold Coast Suns and West Coast are 2 i can think of that could make a good fit for Roos

Melbourne would be more of a challenge though

Bluey is safe at the Suns and Woosha is too, if he wants the job.

They are talking at the moment and telling Roos how he will make Fitz and Terlich etc, good players... finished by telling him all he needs to do is sign on the dotted line.

• Like 1

They are talking at the moment and telling Roos how he will make Fitz and Terlich etc, good players... finished by telling him all he needs to do is sign on the dotted line.

Roos sound keen?

In the review of Melbourne Roos was highlighting areas that some demons could improve and then they raved about Fitzpatrick .

Mike Sheahan going hard saying that Roos would coach them well ,Paul ( future mfc coach ) Roos was smiling like a Cheshire Cat

• Like 3

Roos sound keen?

Played it cool with just a sly grin... but to me, it is looking more and more likely he is seriously considering the position as he is certainly not giving any negative reaction.

• Like 4

This is the good thing about the MFC showing some life on the field. It's a win win for us. Players can enjoy football again and so can we. It also gives Roos something to think about because I believe there is talent there in our list and Roos may be thinking the same.

• Like 1