MEDIA EXPLOITATION OF MFC

K--b King made a categorical statement this morning on SEN that Sylvia, Frawley and Watts will not be playing at Melbourne next year and that other clubs were already circling to take them.I am now so sick and tired of hearing outlandish and inflammatory statements made by so called "experts" that I believe that the AFL needs to step in and make a statement supporting the steps that the Club/P Jackson are taking.

These type of statements not only exacerbate the loser mentality that pervades opposition supporters about our Club but also MFC supporters are also listening to this type of rubbish.

I am tired of hearing radio stations having competitions like "the best left field candidate for President of the MFC". This is not a joke. They are talking about a multi million dollar business, of peoples livelihoods and tens of thousands of peoples passion. I was angry that both David Schwarz and Dr. Turf found it humorous. There wasn't even a sense of uneasiness from either. Is this what we have become. The butt of every radio stations jokes. An easy road kill.

• Like 3

Blame the people running the club. It is the only way the place will get better.

Sympathy won't win us games or retain players.

What certain paid employees have done to this club since 2000 makes me F&@in' angry.

Why would David King care. I care not for his old club.

• Like 2

I had never heard of David king before reading this post so I don't give a toss for his opinions. LS has nailed it. Kennet or McGuire would not stand for this nonsense for a moment!

David King is a [censored] anyway. Who cares what he thinks

Many people listen and believe what he says.

Blame the people running the club. It is the only way the place will get better.

Sympathy won't win us games or retain players.

What certain paid employees have done to this club since 2000 makes me F&@in' angry.

Why would David King care. I care not for his old club.

I am not asking for sympathy. I am asking for balance. Edited by longsuffering

Shite clubs get shite spoken about them.

He may just be right, if I was Sylvia I'd leave if a decent club came along, Watts has not developed as well as we would have liked and seems to always in rumours of him not liking Neeld, and Frawley could walk into any top side. I'm sure if a club came after Frawley and he could make the club trade him he would leave.

We are a festering turd covered in flies at the moment.

He may just be right, if I was Sylvia I'd leave if a decent club came along, Watts has not developed as well as we would have liked and seems to always in rumours of him not liking Neeld, and Frawley could walk into any top side. I'm sure if a club came after Frawley and he could make the club trade him he would leave.

And don't we need supporters just like you.

And don't we need supporters just like you.

Oh yes I'm not a supporter cos I speak what I believe to be true.

Do I want this to be a reality, no.

Will it happen? I don't know, I hope not.

Would I be surprised if his did happen? Not a chance.

Sorry I'm not such a super awesome supporter like you. Can you ever forgive me?

Edited by Gorgoroth

Bailey was everyones mate and Neeld has none.

Daniher played favourites .

Tough gig coaching.

I have the feeling that the list is fundamentally good, young, balanced and fit.

Just need a puppetmaster.

• Like 2

Tough gig coaching.

I have the feeling that the list is fundamentally good, young, balanced and fit.

That and get a board who is strong enough to do what is required, PJ will help, need better coaches around who ever will be the senior coach.

The last few words I wrote on my first post was "at the moment" which is key, this may change. Hope, should change. But let's face it, we have been here before.

I hold little confidence, I just hope.

K--b King made a categorical statement this morning on SEN that Sylvia, Frawley and Watts will not be playing at Melbourne next year and that other clubs were already circling to take them.I am now so sick and tired of hearing outlandish and inflammatory statements made by so called "experts" that I believe that the AFL needs to step in and make a statement supporting the steps that the Club/P Jackson are taking.These type of statements not only exacerbate the loser mentality that pervades opposition supporters about our Club but also MFC supporters are also listening to this type of rubbish.I am tired of hearing radio stations having competitions like "the best left field candidate for President of the MFC". This is not a joke. They are talking about a multi million dollar business, of peoples livelihoods and tens of thousands of peoples passion. I was angry that both David Schwarz and Dr. Turf found it humorous. There wasn't even a sense of uneasiness from either. Is this what we have become. The butt of every radio stations jokes. An easy road kill.

Blame the fools running the club, not one of them has put there hand up and said we've made mistakes, they me sick to the stomach, Kennet shows more passion than the Don and he doesn't follow the club, our leaders are [censored] pathetic, and the supporters are the people that cop the crap, the sooner we can have a vote the better, this board needs to be thrown into the rubbish bin of history.

The only thing we can do to stop this sort of press is to perform on the field. If the team is able to improve and earn respect through playing hard tough footy then this sort of negative press can help to galvanize the team. The media can GAGF!

• Like 3

I am not against healthy debate amongst supporters but what I am against are so called journalists taking cheap shots at the Club when it is down and almost out. None of these people care if we fold or not. They are only interested in what they hope to be seen as relevant. Taking pot shots at the Club might be fun for them but it makes the job of the Club harder.

I have never in any post said that I agreed with how the Club has been administered. I hold out hope that with PJ we have an experienced CEO and that a recharged Board (with some new and former Board members)will be installed at the end of the season. I see no use of supporters ringing in radio stations and slagging off the Club and its players and reinforcing some of the tripe that is broadcast as special comments. I am just as frustrated, angry and disillusioned as WYL, Gorgorath, mjt etc etc. I will however, be as proud and passionate for as long as the Club or I exist.

• Like 1

When is everyone going to WAKE up, Frawley is contracted and cannot leave unless we say so so sick of this bull schitt!!

Apparently contracts at MFC mean nothing to flogs potting the club. Anyone can leave whenever they want without needing the OK from the club.

I believe Danny frawley made a very succinct comment on triple m today , when discussing melb, that the last thing his nephew wants is another person in 3 years telling him something different to do again. Maybe the reason there is doubt over these guys is they would actually like neeld to stay. I have never seen or heard anything to suggest that any of these players do not "get on" with neeld. I refuse to believe anything that any media person says about our club especially as the standard of journalism regarding the mfc has been nothing short of gutter journalism.

• Like 4

I am not against healthy debate amongst supporters but what I am against are so called journalists taking cheap shots at the Club when it is down and almost out. None of these people care if we fold or not. They are only interested in what they hope to be seen as relevant. Taking pot shots at the Club might be fun for them but it makes the job of the Club harder.

I have never in any post said that I agreed with how the Club has been administered. I hold out hope that with PJ we have an experienced CEO and that a recharged Board (with some new and former Board members)will be installed at the end of the season. I see no use of supporters ringing in radio stations and slagging off the Club and its players and reinforcing some of the tripe that is broadcast as special comments. I am just as frustrated, angry and disillusioned as WYL, Gorgorath, mjt etc etc. I will however, be as proud and passionate for as long as the Club or I exist.

Terrific post and relevant.

I'm telling youse all right now, NEELD HAS SHUT SHOP!! He's giving them NOTHING and only those that are media savvy and have composure with the media are allowed to front the camera...look at Dawes on The Footy Show the other night.

They are making sh*t up to have a story, as they're all so irrelevant at the moment.

Hang tough...

• Like 1

I believe Danny frawley made a very succinct comment on triple m today , when discussing melb, that the last thing his nephew wants is another person in 3 years telling him something different to do again. Maybe the reason there is doubt over these guys is they would actually like neeld to stay. I have never seen or heard anything to suggest that any of these players do not "get on" with neeld. I refuse to believe anything that any media person says about our club especially as the standard of journalism regarding the mfc has been nothing short of gutter journalism.

Spud is paid to speak for coaches. James Frawley is a highly paid footballer, and is paid to play AFL football to the best of his ability. If his coach cannot do his job to the satisfaction of the club, then he gets the sack. As for Frawley, his job is earn his packet on the field, no matter who is the coach.

Tough gig coaching.

I don't think Mad Eye has [censored] every player off Biff. Possibly a few like Moloney. Jamar was best mates with Beamer and he seems to be trying his butt off on the field. That's not to say the loss of Moloney, a good mate and spiritual leader to a number of players, didn't effect some for quite a while. I'm not saying he's connected with enough of them either. Jury is still out on his ability to motivate and man management skills at this point. Not sure the list is all that good Biff. There's a few shining lights in there sure, sprinkled with some pretty ordinary ones that try hard. Then there's a number that just arent able to compete at this level.

Blame the fools running the club, not one of them has put there hand up and said we've made mistakes, they me sick to the stomach, Kennet shows more passion than the Don and he doesn't follow the club, our leaders are [censored] pathetic, and the supporters are the people that cop the crap, the sooner we can have a vote the better, this board needs to be thrown into the rubbish bin of history.

I agree. A pretty ordinary effort and performance from the President and Board this year. Time for some fresh faces with a few footy brains included and a solid leader. Not convinced it should be JK yet though.

The only thing we can do to stop this sort of press is to perform on the field. If the team is able to improve and earn respect through playing hard tough footy then this sort of negative press can help to galvanize the team. The media can GAGF!

Will have to start winning and against solid opposition before they stop whipping us

When is everyone going to WAKE up, Frawley is contracted and cannot leave unless we say so so sick of this bull schitt!!

Apparently contracts at MFC mean nothing to flogs potting the club. Anyone can leave whenever they want without needing the OK from the club.

The media definitely has an agenda here and are happy to ignore reality amd the facts in order to continue the "Melbourne are a baskett case" and "anything is possible if Neeld stays" line.

The only way to get them to shut it is for Neeld and the boys to turn this around on the field from now, starting Monday, and start beating mediocre/poor opposition.

Neeld needs to rethink the "2 Jacks as Captain" blunder, his selection decisions/match ups, his style of ball movement off HB and through the press, numbers at the contest when implementing our press and instill belief/Improve skills generally, reduce turnovers and lack of awareness in general play and get some more leg speed into the team in order to do so.

As Biff said earlier...tough gig this coaching business!

Edited by Rusty Nails