Kennett future MelbourneFC President?

Satan

This Kennett thing is a joke. How can anyone really be taking this seriously. Just an ego trip by Jeff.

For heavens sake, who would ever give the opposition the keys to their castle.

This kennett thing could divide the club forever. Do we really want to take that kind of risk at such a fragile time.

Tell him thanks, but no thanks.

• Like 2

Article in the Age where Kennett says that" the AFL are our liquidators and they own the MFC".

He also says if he doesn't get in now as president he is not interested in getting in later.

He has also called on the AFL to throw out the elected Board and put him and his unnamed mates in now.

I'm glad to hear he'll bugger off soon... he'd make a good shock jock,,, that could be a new career for him.

because if he was going to just join the board, he wouldn't need a break,,, or he wouldn't join at all...

just as if we went to the AFL to present our case, but I'm totally sure our Case would have already been discussed with some commissioners, prior to the formalities...

just as we would have already sounded out some prospective coaches & assistants, prior to now... you just don't jump first, then plan as you fall... prepare first.

PJ would have known how things would play out, well before he went thru the formalities... as would have DM.

& PJ was parachuted in DC.

sheepsh,,, 'n' rams...

i meant how can you be sure you are happy he is the right guy to be prez. You know buggar all about him and none of us have heard him speak or know what his platform might be. Getting ahead of ourselves methinks.

• Like 3

i meant how can you be sure you are happy he is the right guy to be prez. You know buggar all about him and none of us have heard him speak or know what his platform might be. Getting ahead of ourselves methinks.

Even with good ol Jeff we are only so far aware of the WHAT , in as much as itll be a Jeff team of himslef and one supposed exisitng Melbourne peopel who are alligned with his thinking or more the point he's agreeable to their thinking.

We dont know yet who they all are ( if any ) and we dotn know what the vision and path to it is,

We know even less about Freeman

All these mobs should be informing us of thier blueprint for our rosey future

Even with good ol Jeff we are only so far aware of the WHAT , in as much as itll be a Jeff team of himslef and one supposed exisitng Melbourne peopel who are alligned with his thinking or more the point he's agreeable to their thinking.

We dont know yet who they all are ( if any ) and we dotn know what the vision and path to it is,

We know even less about Freeman

All these mobs should be informing us of thier blueprint for our rosey future

quite

Kennet was on mmm today. Interesting. he sort of swayed me and what he said a lot of things were right. Id like to know who his mates are who are backing him.

you will find out Tuesday.

This Kennett thing is a joke. How can anyone really be taking this seriously. Just an ego trip by Jeff.

For heavens sake, who would ever give the opposition the keys to their castle.

This kennett thing could divide the club forever. Do we really want to take that kind of risk at such a fragile time.

Tell him thanks, but no thanks.

Every years a fragile one at Melbourne, it staggers me the fans cant see that.

Interesting debate, having just listened to Jeff interview on Triple M I'm more for him than I was before....and I was one of the crowd who votes him out of politics after he lost the people.....but he achieved a massive amount and made me proud to be Victorian again. Or state was a debacle in the Joanie and Cain eras, everyone off the QLD and embarrassed to be a Vic.

As for him not being a Dees fan.....I get the passion debate, I mean its the only reason I'm writing this.....but I'd loe the fact we have former mad passionate Bomber Jackson as CEO, I warmly welcomed a former Pie as coach, loved when we got a big Lion as our new full forward, an ex Crow to run footy science, would love to have passionate Cat Balmly back as Footy Director and so on. S if I can happily have a non Demon become a Demon in every other club role why not a board member????

Whether he comes in or not I reckon him being so active right now if good for us, something will happen and happen quickly either way. Jeff said we'd no more early this week including others involved......big week ahead, maybe we might even win a game!

• Like 3

didn't mean to buy into this, but yes i can assure you that he does personally get involved with members of the public with depression issues and does follow up

he's not just a figure-head/mouth-piece as far as beyond blue goes

Does he still treat others without depression with arrogant contempt like he used to, don't want a President like that, and yes I do, so I can recognise it

No it's not you are a member, you can ask any question you like, if you felt the need you could ask for the Board minutes

Does your mate Kennett bully the people with depression on the other end of the phone as well, bullying is a major cause of depression, "hand over the club or else" what a piece of work.

Does your mate Kennett bully the people with depression on the other end of the phone as well, bullying is a major cause of depression, "hand over the club or else" what a piece of work.

???? sorry bluey. I just answered a specific question asked by Colin Flaubert about Beyond Blue

and no, in my experience of some close acquaintances with depression issues he didn't bully them, in fact quite the opposite

I hope this answers your question. And no, he is not my mate and i haven't taken any position on the possibility of his being president

I have to agree with Kennett's comment about change happening quickly so that the restructure can start before season 2014.

However, the right person/s obviously need to be appointed - if that takes a little longer than we'd wish, so be it.

• Like 1

Kennett, who has become a Demons’ member, again refused to disclose who was part of his ticket, and whether he had influential supporters backing his bid to fix an ‘‘ill’’ club likely to lose about $2 million this year. ‘‘It’s not me pushing. I am just one of a group,’’ he said. ‘‘You know we can deliver. Our record suggests that. I am an agent of change.’’

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the league would ‘‘work through the (Jackson) plan’’ before the next commission meeting in July. Kennett said even this timeframe was too long.

‘‘I think that is too late. They have known this is coming for some time, they only had the presentation from Melbourne yesterday, but the most important development now for the future success of the Melbourne Football Club is the speed at which they move into the reconstruction of the club,’’ he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/kennett-questions-whether-freeman-wants-top-demons-job-20130615-2oawc.html#ixzz2WGoCcvnK
Edited by Redleg

Cant believe this story gets any oxygen. F****n amazing that our 'supporters' and members would consider it for a microsecond.

Just imagine what Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood or Richmond would do??

• Like 1

Kennett, who has become a Demons’ member, again refused to disclose who was part of his ticket, and whether he had influential supporters backing his bid to fix an ‘‘ill’’ club likely to lose about $2 million this year. ‘‘It’s not me pushing. I am just one of a group,’’ he said. ‘‘You know we can deliver. Our record suggests that. I am an agent of change.’’

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the league would ‘‘work through the (Jackson) plan’’ before the next commission meeting in July. Kennett said even this timeframe was too long.

‘‘I think that is too late. They have known this is coming for some time, they only had the presentation from Melbourne yesterday, but the most important development now for the future success of the Melbourne Football Club is the speed at which they move into the reconstruction of the club,’’ he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/kennett-questions-whether-freeman-wants-top-demons-job-20130615-2oawc.html#ixzz2WGoCcvnK

"We can deliver. Our Record." Who is the "we" and the "our" with the record of delivering?

The most important thing according to Kennett is the "speed" at which it can be done. Not getting it right? Just get it done quickly.

From earlier in the article is the implied suggestion from PJ that he doesn't want to work with him, as he dismisses Kennett as an option. So appoint Kennett and cause division between the board and the new CEO. Yes that is the way to go.

Kennett also suggest that the AFL decision by next month would be too slow. There he goes driving in the divisive wedge between the AFL and himself again.

• Like 2

If Kennett wants to be taken seriously, he needs to declare who he's running with. A Board is not a President and no one else; just like McLardy didn't do everything, Kennett won't do everything. So we need to know who he has with him.

He also needs to give some sort of statement as to what he thinks needs to be done. It's not enough to say 'Melbourne needs change'. What change? What exactly do you think needs to happen?

I'd also like to hear him explain if/why he no longer thinks we should merge with North Melbourne, a view he held just months ago, and now conveniently is not in existence.

• Like 5

What about Beverley O'Connor? First female President (not including the interim woman from Geelong), articulate, passionate Dees supporter, well connected to business, media and football communities. Could she unite and lead?

If Kennett wants to be taken seriously, he needs to declare who he's running with. A Board is not a President and no one else; just like McLardy didn't do everything, Kennett won't do everything. So we need to know who he has with him.

He also needs to give some sort of statement as to what he thinks needs to be done. It's not enough to say 'Melbourne needs change'. What change? What exactly do you think needs to happen?

I'd also like to hear him explain if/why he no longer thinks we should merge with North Melbourne, a view he held just months ago, and now conveniently is not in existence.

Tuesday.

What about Beverley O'Connor? First female President (not including the interim woman from Geelong), articulate, passionate Dees supporter, well connected to business, media and football communities. Could she unite and lead?

This is a good idea actually.

Cant believe this story gets any oxygen. F****n amazing that our 'supporters' and members would consider it for a microsecond.

Just imagine what Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood or Richmond would do??

the real point is that they DONT HAVE TO.

its a straw argument. What is applicable or effective for MELBOURNE is just that...its what mayor may not suit us.. Has nothing to do with any other club

I'm quite happy to have a high profiled Melburne supporter who has been highly touted & totally trusted,, with a vein of excitement on here by Demonlanders who I respect, that know him at least reasonably well.

So I rate that, ahead of what I know of jeff...

I'm not throwing around recommendations, to people at all, re Geoff Freeman or anyone... but I am saying, we do not need kennett... & I certainly don't want him, nor trust him. do I have some respect for kennett, yes, but not for taking over the MFC... or selling it out when he's done with it.

So Until we come up with a better Melbourne person, then I'll stick with Geoff Freeman,,, Or If you want an outsider for chairman of the Board, then I'd like Richard Colless in Red & Blue, who I've been secretly hoping may come here,,, after he finishes up, this year in Sydney...

I was hoping for a Roos/Colless double act... but that's looking highly unlikely.