Geelong v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

Sweet heart-attacks.

Go Scorps.

Thanks Jako and others

Really appreciate the commentary.

Off the the Bentleigh Club now to watch... well, not sure what I'll see. I'll check back in to D'Land when I get home - it might be an interesting place if things get very ugly.

Let's hope not

It was only 2 years ago when this kid struggled to drop the ball onto his boot

that why you don't be too quick to judge... development & maturity takes its own time.

He's always had the talent,,, bringing it out is another thing.

Aussie Digital if you have internet radio or an app like Tune-In Radio... but be warned, the commentary is terrible.

... thanks guys. I looked at the peter jackson radio links earlier, but they wouldn't work for me.

this did straight away.. thanks.

# that caller is priceless...... :)

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

For the posters that were at the game thanks for the updates. The only thing that has apparently been holding Fitzy back from getting a game has been his defensive work, how was that today?

Did he chase, tackle and exert pressure noticeably?

Thanks again to all who have kept us updated.

Good to see some improve from the Fitz. Can he make the jump to the big time is the question now.

I guess he may eventually be offered one game, and if he doesn't set the world on fire be dropped in favour of some old hack who has been struggling.

Ideally we want our young guys being in the best for a month in the VFL before getting a run. Fitzpatrick seems to have done this now so it is his time to get a run and he shouldn't get the arse after one game either.

You have to credit Fitzpatrick for going back to the VFL and stringing continuous performances together. The same cannot be said for Blease, who seems to possess far more natural talent.

I'm not sold on Fitzy, I don't think he's ever going to make the transition from AFL to VFL, but you have to commend the fact that he's doing his absolute best to show otherwise. I guess if Gawn needs a rest from the seniors, that's a swap that could be made, otherwise not sure where he fits into the current side.

• Like 2

You have to credit Fitzpatrick for going back to the VFL and stringing continuous performances together. The same cannot be said for Blease, who seems to possess far more natural talent.

I'm not sold on Fitzy, I don't think he's ever going to make the transition from AFL to VFL, but you have to commend the fact that he's doing his absolute best to show otherwise. I guess if Gawn needs a rest from the seniors, that's a swap that could be made, otherwise not sure where he fits into the current side.

Considering Gawn plays more forward than ruck at the moment you'd think Fitzpatrick has now put his hand up high enough for Gawn's spot in the team if big Max can't produce today. I too am not sold on Fitzy but at the moment I'm looking at our structure of Jamar (ruck), Dawes, Hogan, Clark (ruck/fwd) for next years forward line with Gawn back up ruck. With Spencer looking a lost cause for AFL level and Pedersen and Sellar both looking like defenders I'm thinking Fitzpatrick becomes an important prospect. So he's worth a shot at AFL now for more experience.

By the way who played today guys? Did Spencer play? What percentage of Fitzpatrick's goals came from forward compared to ruck?

Considering Gawn plays more forward than ruck at the moment you'd think Fitzpatrick has now put his hand up high enough for Gawn's spot in the team if big Max can't produce today. I too am not sold on Fitzy but at the moment I'm looking at our structure of Jamar (ruck), Dawes, Hogan, Clark (ruck/fwd) for next years forward line with Gawn back up ruck. With Spencer looking a lost cause for AFL level and Pedersen and Sellar both looking like defenders I'm thinking Fitzpatrick becomes an important prospect. So he's worth a shot at AFL now for more experience.

By the way who played today guys? Did Spencer play? What percentage of Fitzpatrick's goals came from forward compared to ruck?

Spencer played well. Nothing super special, but he competed hard in the ruck all day, took some strong marks and was generally involved round the ground consistently.

All of fitzy's goal were when he was forward.

2-3 crumbing goals then the other couple on the lead inside the forward 50.

Jese Hogan is a sure fire superstar if he wasnt playing for the MFC.

we MUST get a new coach and development staff.

This kid can not go to waste.

yes, logic, lets remove a coach of a team in order to benefit one player.

he is really playing so poorly under the current coaching staff, kicking 20 odd goals in 7 games?

and from what i hear is loving being involved with the club and has a good relationship with neeld

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

yes, logic, lets remove a coach of a team in order to benefit one player.

he is really playing so poorly under the current coaching staff, kicking 20 odd goals in 7 games?

ok lets keep Neeld then

good idea champ

ok lets keep Neeld then

good idea champ

your logic of removing a coach to help a player how would that work?

you cant automatically inject 100 games into midfielders, most of these players have been in the system before neeld anyway.

and yes i do think we should keep neeld at least until the end of the year buddy.

anywho flogs aside,

good to see that the scorps played well again after last week.

who played well through the middle?

good to see that fitzy is stringing quality games together in the vfl, would want him to play soon, but playing against hawthorn and collingwood might be a bit rough for him, bring him in after the bye i think, if he can play one or two strong games. although bringing him in for gawn for next week also seems like the right idea.

Edited by Mad_Melbourne
  • Like 2

you cant automatically inject 100 games into midfielders, most of these players have been in the system before neeld anyway.

and yes i do think we should keep neeld at least until the end of the year buddy.

anywho flogs aside,

good to see that fitzy is stringing quality games together in the vfl, would want him to play soon, but playing against hawthorn and collingwood might be a bit rough for him, bring him in after the bye i think, if he can play one or two strong games. although bringing him in for gawn for next week also seems like the right idea.

Why don't we keep him til the club folds - won't be long if he's there

• Like 1

anywho flogs aside,

Why don't we keep him til the club folds - won't be long if he's there

Fitzy has earn't his chance. Since his return from injury he has been consistently amongst our best. He deserves to have a sustained crack at AFL. Neeld needs to reward his efforts with a decent stint in the AFL, anything else will further demonstrate to me that he is not capable of being a senior coach. The same can be applied to Couch. Reward effort and performance and start giving these kids the chance they deserve.

• Like 2

Outside 50, agree completely. Surely Taggert, Fitzy and Crouch have earned a run. I'm staggered that Nicholson and jamar continue to get a gig. That's the frustrating bit for me. I accept that we are going to get flogged but give us some bloody hope. Those two that I mentioned will never ever lift us into a final series. Ever.