Aaron Davey has fallen back in love with football.

Loved his game and hopefully he continues his form and never start sub again this year. Loved him when he was pushing uup to the midfieldand the blokes getting the ball to him.

Most interesting bit of the article for me was the mentioning of Daniher.
Half-way across the country, working for a different club, and he still has what it takes to get our players up when our current coaching panel can't.
People on here always hate on the Daniher era but it was a good time to be a Melbourne supporter, if only for more consistent wins and an exciting brand of football to watch. I miss those days with The Reverend at the helm!

• Like 2

Possibly the harshest treated player by the selection committee in the last couple of years, but ever a vital guy at our club

Ridiculous comment.

Davey was MIA for the best part of two years.

Unfit, lazy and undisciplined.

I suppose a fat, five year contract does that to you....

Starting to clear the air a bit over that Mifsud controversy but some of the mystery still remains.

It's good to see that he vindicates his coach in full of the racism allegation that was levelled at him in his early coaching days.

As for Flash, he has to produce constantly - one swallow doesn't make a winter.

Ridiculous comment.

Davey was MIA for the best part of two years.

Unfit, lazy and undisciplined.

I suppose a fat, five year contract does that to you....

So you didn't read the article or listen to what Mark Neeld said, but you still thought you could post this, pathetic, your norm though

What through the bottom of a glass? Try reading the article, might help clear the fog a bit, although I doubt it, you always 100% on your game are you? No matter what

I don't get involved with belittling or sarcasm with other posters.

I saw what I saw.

You can look elsewhere to engage in petty squabbles.

Catch.

Most interesting bit of the article for me was the mentioning of Daniher.

Half-way across the country, working for a different club, and he still has what it takes to get our players up when our current coaching panel can't.

People on here always hate on the Daniher era but it was a good time to be a Melbourne supporter, if only for more consistent wins and an exciting brand of football to watch. I miss those days with The Reverend at the helm!

Strange comment. Davey didn't say anything about Daniher getting him "up", what i got from the article was that Neale had a very good relationship with a lot of the players including Aaron (who he brought to the club), and when he was going through a tough period he wanted to offer his support as a friend. Nothing to do with our current coaching staff.

Also surprised by the "hate on the Daniher era" comment, I know very few people that hated it. I loved it! As you pointed out he also got us playing a good brand of footy to watch, and he got us to a granny, a prelim, and 6 separate finals series making us one of the most regular finals bound sides during his period of coaching. It was frustrating the up and down years, but a couple of times I felt we were one star player and a bit of luck short of a premiership.

As a side thought, I wonder whether there could be any chance of getting Daniher back to the club as an assistant or something.

I don't get involved with belittling or sarcasm with other posters.

I saw what I saw.

You can look elsewhere to engage in petty squabbles.

Catch.

Realise that you only do that to the players, how about saying what you posted to Aaron Davey's face?

What? can't get you to bite, how disappointing, I was soooooo looking forward to it

AARON DAVEY has always and will remain as one of my Favourite players to ever come to the club

When he was at his best he engendered hope and deelight amongst all supporters and he stood out as a fine player who had everything ahead of him to play for.

Unfortunately as we all know he was beset with injuries and other issues that affected his ability to play football

Yet he has stuck with the MFC he has done what he can to get back to some reasonable form and contribute once again to the club

I hope that all of us remember Davies contributions and that we don't turn on him like we have others here, regardless of when he ends his carreer at the club

In fact I would love Davey at the end of his Carrier to get a great send off from all the Melbourne supporters as well from the club itself

To put it pretty simply I would rather have a club full of AARON DAVIES then a club full of players who are either unhappy at our Club or do not have a commitment to it .

By the Way I watched the Jack Trengrove Interview last night on the Footy Show , and I liked what I saw ,

I hope that the team can meld and I hope that by season end they win a few more games .

I also hope Neeld learns how to build up our players own self confidence and their own self worth .

• Like 1

To put it pretty simply I would rather have a club full of AARON DAVIES then a club full of players who are either unhappy at our Club or do not have a commitment to it .

Don't think I want a club full of one player.....Davies?

And one Aaron Davey is enough at MFC.

Why must every thread, even one set up to show the positives about a player, be eventually used to criticise that player????

If anything, Davey has acknowledge in the article that highlights the types of injuries he has had to play with the last few years, and how much he's had to work on getting his fitness back to the required level.

There are a heap of positives that came out of this article for me, and I think it's about time we focused on some positives:

• Davey has worked his butt off to get back to a fitness level that enables him to have an impact on games, which will have set a positive example to the younger players on how hard work can pay off.
  • Despite all supposed conflict between Neeld and Davey that was reported last year, Davey has obviously dismissed those rumors and said that in effect "it's all good".
  • Neeld may be better at dealing with some of the players on a personal level than when he started as illustrated by Davey having Dinner with Neeld and his family and the general positivity from Davey about this experience. Players take time to develop, so do first time Head Coach's.
  • A player of Davey's experience who apparently lost his passion for the game has regained it despite the turmoil that the club has experienced. This, to me, suggests that there muse be some positivity amongst the playing group, because I would think it is hard to become positive or passionate about football again if you are in a negative environment.
  • If Davey really is feeling better and more passionate about his footy, we may just have a player who can seriously help us again. Every time he had ball in hand on the weekend I had a sense of calm that something good would happen. Something that doesn't happen often when watching our beloved demons at the moment.
  • He seems generally keen to support the club and be a positive example.

So, there is my attempt to focus on positives. Davey has sublime skill, something which we have been lacking. If his fitness levels are finally back to a good level, then that can only mean good things for our club. Who knows, with Davey and Watts back in the side, we may actually have enough skilled disposers of the football to not turn the ball over as much on Sunday and really challenge Freo.. Hey, I'm in a positive space, so may as well dream as well ;)

• Like 1

Just thinking about those injuries Davey referred to, I wonder whether his B&F year came at a huge cost? I don't believe he has ever had the body to be a permanent on-baller in what is a brutal, physically demanding game. Flashes (deliberate pun) here and there are fine, but in his B&F year he played most of the time on or behind the ball getting regularly crunched. It may be that his best performing year cruelled his subsequent years at the club.

And I join the chorus is stating that he was a beacon in the game against Richmond showing foot skills that we can only dream about in everyone else at the moment.

• Like 1

If I'm being honest with myself, Davey is still my favourite player. Logic would dictate that it would be Jones, or Clark, or one of that select group of regular contributors, but my heart still says Flash. So naturally I lthought the article was great and hope that his form from last week carries through the rest of the season.

• Like 3

Why must every thread, even one set up to show the positives about a player, be eventually used to criticise that player????

If anything, Davey has acknowledge in the article that highlights the types of injuries he has had to play with the last few years, and how much he's had to work on getting his fitness back to the required level.

There are a heap of positives that came out of this article for me, and I think it's about time we focused on some positives:

• Davey has worked his butt off to get back to a fitness level that enables him to have an impact on games, which will have set a positive example to the younger players on how hard work can pay off.
  • Despite all supposed conflict between Neeld and Davey that was reported last year, Davey has obviously dismissed those rumors and said that in effect "it's all good".
  • Neeld may be better at dealing with some of the players on a personal level than when he started as illustrated by Davey having Dinner with Neeld and his family and the general positivity from Davey about this experience. Players take time to develop, so do first time Head Coach's.
  • A player of Davey's experience who apparently lost his passion for the game has regained it despite the turmoil that the club has experienced. This, to me, suggests that there muse be some positivity amongst the playing group, because I would think it is hard to become positive or passionate about football again if you are in a negative environment.
  • If Davey really is feeling better and more passionate about his footy, we may just have a player who can seriously help us again. Every time he had ball in hand on the weekend I had a sense of calm that something good would happen. Something that doesn't happen often when watching our beloved demons at the moment.
  • He seems generally keen to support the club and be a positive example.

So, there is my attempt to focus on positives. Davey has sublime skill, something which we have been lacking. If his fitness levels are finally back to a good level, then that can only mean good things for our club. Who knows, with Davey and Watts back in the side, we may actually have enough skilled disposers of the football to not turn the ball over as much on Sunday and really challenge Freo.. Hey, I'm in a positive space, so may as well dream as well ;)

Because it is Demonland and some of the permanent rain cloud wearers on this board couldn't praise something if their life depended on it, it pleases me to see your excellent post

As for the rest of the season, Aaron wants to prove a point, expect the form to continue

Edited by Satyriconhome

Because it is Demonland and some of the permanent rain cloud wearers on this board couldn't praise somehting if their life depended on it, it pleases me to see your excellent post

As for the rest of the season, Aaron wants to prove a point, expect the form to continue

Agreed.

Some here are half full glass people, some half empty but a few simply feel it necessary to try to break the glass.

• Like 1

I liked how Neeld had him over for dinner.

That, along with recent comments by Col Garland makes me think he finally trying to balance the school principal style of managing players he went in with last year.

I reckon during the trip to Sorrento Neeld was unanimously told he was being a boof-head.

• Like 1

I've fallen back in hate with Davey and it's the 10 minute mark of the first quarter.

1. Right foot snap he was never going to kick

2. Let Pearce run off him

3. Didn't attack the ball when kicked to him

3 undiscipline acts in 15 minutes