Found this on the MFC Facebook Page

I found this on the MFC Facebook page from Nick McCallum*...Now i know Nick has worked hard for the club but i find his spin on this a little insulting to the supporters who witnessed yesterday..

I get the impression that people within the club do not want to know...Deep Down they hope this will just go away..I was there yesterday & i gave the team a good Boo as they came off...There was no EFFORT...watch todays Hawk Cat Game.

Our club deserved a spray yesterday...5 months of training for that poo??

Sorry Nick but this rubbish you write is one of the clubs biggest problems....You refuse to accept how bad things are.

"Fair weather supporters who boo their club off the field deserve to share the same level of hell reserved for people who cheat on or leave their partners when they're suffering a terminal illness. Shame on the lot of you who did that today, I thought I was a part of a club that was above such dreadful displays of sportsmanship and witnessing that simply made me feel sick."

Edited by 45HG
So we're clear - this is not the same Nick McCallum that has worked for the club.
  • Like 5

Get stuffed Nick. I thought I was part of a club who would refuse to be bullied off the field. I thought I was part of a club who would turn up and represent the club and the supporters with pride and passion. I thought I was part of a club that would make me enjoy football. Calling us supporters fair weathered for having enough of this crap is so far off the mark Nick. Get into the real world before you criticize your own.

• Like 2

No Nick,

It's more like having a girlfriend grab $300 and spend it on drugs for her gay mates.

It's hardly like leaving a spouse with cancer.

• Like 2

Shocking out of line comnent by Nick whoever he is. Disgraceful really and he has some connection to the club you say WYL?

Reports are that McLardy issued a spray to angry Melbourne fans at a Crown function as well.

Totally out of order by a man who is clearly out of touch ... and out of his depth. Rollover merchant of the highest order.

Face facts: anyone who turned up to the game yesterday is not a "fair weather supporter"

They all left a few years ago when this downward spiral began.

We, the rusted on barnacles, are sick of watching us get thumped when with a bit of application and determination we could not only stay in a game but win it. I refer you to the Gold Coast Suns who kept cracking at the Saints until they got the win.

For the record, I did not boo the team and never would. I left 5 minutes early instead.

• Like 2

Glad i am not alone here....This is what we are up against...They do not want to know.

I am not suprised, since the tanking investigation wrapped up we have had silence.

I wonder what this week will bring?

Clock is ticking.

I couldn't believe my ears when I was labelled a fair-weather supporter last night after the game.

This is the second such instance of the term being used.

50 years without a flag, 7 years of horror and one of the most inept halves ever dished up on that oval.

Anyone who sits through it and still wears red and blue deserves a medal - not the term "fair weather fan".

• Like 12

Fair weather to me would be someone who turns up when the team is winning and jumps off straight away when things go bad. We have sat through this crap for years. Don't tell us we are fair weather supporters. We have been loyal. The same loyalty hasn't been shown to us.

Shocking out of line comnent by Nick whoever he is. Disgraceful really and he has some connection to the club you say WYL?

Reports are that McLardy issued a spray to angry Melbourne fans at a Crown function as well.

Totally out of order by a man who is clearly out of touch ... and out of his depth. Rollover merchant of the highest order.

Nick McCallum works in Radio, or certainly did...i know he has MC'ed many MFC Functions...any closer working i cannot say

But it sure sounds like he is part of this delusional spin.

I couldn't believe my ears when I was labelled a fair-weather supporter last night after the game.

This is the second such instance of the term being used.

50 years without a flag, 7 years of horror and one of the most inept halves ever dished up on that oval.

Anyone who sits through it and still wears red and blue deserves a medal - not the term "fair weather fan".

You heard Mclardy speak at Crown last night 45?

Nick McCallum works in Radio, or certainly did...i know he has MC'ed many MFC Functions...any closer working i cannot say

But it sure sounds like he is part of this delusional spin.

Are you kidding?

Take a look at the photo of the guy who posted it - it's not the same Nick McCallum. Clearly just a fan expressing his opinion.

I wasn't at Crown WYL and I'm not sure what the reference is in relation to?

Glad i am not alone here....This is what we are up against...They do not want to know.

I am not suprised, since the tanking investigation wrapped up we have had silence.

I wonder what this week will bring?

Clock is ticking.

They can dig in, close their eyes and hold their index fingers in their ear holes all they like WYL. The hammerings will mount up and the drums will beat louder and louder with each passing week. Eventually they will be forced out of their foxholes and marched before the public. The train is well off the rails and headed for the cliff.

Face facts: anyone who turned up to the game yesterday is not a "fair weather supporter"

They all left a few years ago when this downward spiral began.

We, the rusted on barnacles, are sick of watching us get thumped when with a bit of application and determination we could not only stay in a game but win it. I refer you to the Gold Coast Suns who kept cracking at the Saints until they got the win.

For the record, I did not boo the team and never would. I left 5 minutes early instead.

in fact anyone who stayed to the end of the game (to boo) is definitely not a fair-weather supporter

Doesn't he work on 3AW? 693?

Has a show with Darren James and John Michael - Howson?

Always arguing about trite topics, chasing relevance.

Edit: If it's a different Nick McC, apologies to the radio version.

Your show's still shite.

Edited by jumbo returns

I have seen the team cheered off the ground too often after bad performances and yesterday I was not sorry to hear the booing!

And damn it, I've followed this club through thick and (very) thin times for over 40 years and I expect supporters to vent their feelings at such extreme ineptitude as shown yesterday!

And I sit with a former MFC player who was appalled by what he witnessed! He didn't boo - he left with 10 minutes to go shaking his head and swearing.

• Like 2

And what are the odds that the person or persons had a few to many, I would give him a spray as well, and if someone did that to you, you would get your back up.........

My free time and my money is very important. I work bloody hard for both. And I choose to spend it on this club, year after miserable year.

You wanna call me a fair weather supporter, and I want to punch you in the face. Deal?

I've gone to games sick, on crutches, during exams, I've missed birthdays, family events and many other things to make time to go and watch us play. I spend hundreds each year on a membership without fail, even when I barely have the money.

So if I wanna boo a team that plays like absolute shite with complete and utter disregard for the fans or the jumper, than I friggin well will and who the hell are you to tell me otherwise.

I deserve better for my time and money. We all do. And the players and coaches should know that what they have dished up for 6 years now is unacceptable.

• Like 12