GAME DAY - ROUND 1, 2013

Whispering_Jack

I know a pharmacist who could probably get us some antidepressants in bulk. Might put the offer to the demons shop - with discount for long suffering members.

Perhaps there's also potential for another sponsor here: Beyond Red and Blue.

• Like 5

Port could not believe their luck today. They have a younger, less experienced list than us, so there can be no excuses for this pathetic performance. I've always been in the 'give it time, it'll come' camp, but this was worse than most of last year. Not sure what Neeld is going to do next.

• Like 3

38 scoring shots to 14

Just not convinced that ANYONE knows how to fix this. The CS era has been a disaster, and its very difficult to instill a winning culture when the way forward is thought to be best served by losing. We are a disgrace, and our club is irrelevant. Who cares about history.

This mob need to learn about " Honour before honours "

• Like 2

make no mistake, the future of the club is on the brink here. not because we lost today but because todays lost just reaffirmed how deeply rotten the culture of the club is and the climb out of the hole jsut seems to get tougher and tougher. this reeks of fitzroy in the 90s

• Like 4

Just simply and absolutely depressing. I wont be coming to Melbourne any time soon. The culture has not altered, the coaching staff have no idea, the players are ....................................maybe I better not say what I feel.

I'll stay here in Gippsland and watch locals having a red hot go!

Players I want dropped and maybe delisted asap:

Sellar

Pedersen

Gillies

Tapscott

Nicholson

Watts

Dunn

Other changes:

Clark captain

Nath jones vice

Neeld on the thinnest ice ever.

• Like 2

Week after week, year after year we put up with this garbage. We make a massive amount of changes every offseason, we've sacked coaches, we've drafted "the best in the country", will things ever turn around? I'm beginning to think we'll always be crap, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

• Like 1

What a major disappointment for all supporters, who have been waiting for this day for so long to prove we have turned a corner, but it nothing has changed. different players same poor attitude, poor attack on the ball, lack of tackling, lack of intensity, no run, no shepherding, no heart.

I dont understand why changes to our setup were not made watts was useless, as was sellers, it would have done no harm to have swapped players around. Blease could have come on at half time as we had so many useless players whos place he could have taken. Need a lot of changes to this side for next week, mostly a change of attitude and game plan. This zone defense is no defense at all. stop playing it, play man on man and run with your man. All the commentators were disgusted at the ease that port players were able to get on their own. this game makes neelds mantra of wanting to be the hardest team to play against an absolute joke.

make no mistake, the future of the club is on the brink here. not because we lost today but because todays lost just reaffirmed how deeply rotten the culture of the club is and the climb out of the hole jsut seems to get tougher and tougher. this reeks of fitzroy in the 90s

Yep, but they would have thumped us.

• Like 1

Ive beem followimg for 30 years but ive never felt so shattered. I knew we were going to be up and down but against port who were less experienced is inexcusable. Im speechless

• Like 1

Feel sorry for Hardtack travelling from Sydney and others who came from great distances to see such a debacle.

Interested to hear from posters in the members about booing the side off the ground after the last 2 quarters.

This topic is now closed to further replies.