The tragic downfall of Liam Jurrah

Whispering_Jack

Having read the info available this afternoon it appears to me that LJ is missing.

It does not look good

I fear the worse case headline has not been written.

I hope I am wrong but I have a very bad feeling about this tonight

I haven't got to that point yet OD, but I'm concerned that it could get worse.

Guest José Mourinho

pretty sure that's a file pic from the NT charges

I hope nobody sees this as a racist comment, but I can't imagine Jurrah owning too many ties.

Its funny you know.....lifes about choices.

On one path Liam could have been a highly paid AFL superstar.

But Liam chose the other fork in the road, and is now on the run from the law.

Yeah. I think it is an interesting situation. For most of us, we would have said "my family is dragging me down a bad path, so i'll remove myself from the situation and keep away from them." I don't think that was ever a realistic option for Liam coming from where he has. Family obligations seem to form such a big part of their society. I would have been thrilled if he could have seen things from that perspective and decided that the most good he could do for his family is to stay put and raise his own profile to the point where he could be in a position to effect change in his community. As it stands, he took a very short-sighted approach and simply immersed himself in the situation again. Maybe he thought he could make things better or maybe he was simply homesick and wanted to see his family regardless. I doubt if most of us will ever know.

Its seems to me that Liam is a law to his own culture only. He maybe an Elder and revered in his community and I respect that! but the reality is that there is a law that holds more weight than his own. Its called Aust law.

I'm sad that he is not following the over riding laws in Aust and has ruined any chance for other footballers in his community to make a pathway to the AFL. I dont see this as good leadership in ANY law.

Aust history and publicans have alot to answer to. Liam is an example of this

Port Adelaide have tossed LJ under the bus too - South Australian Magistrate issues warrant for Liam Jurrah's arrest

The Port Adelaide Football club issued a statement just after 4PM, saying that Jurrah needs to focus on his life outside of football.

"It appears that complex circumstances in Jurrah's life away from football have prevented him from making the commitment required by the club.

"Port Adelaide has been genuine in its desire to help and has attempted to maintain dialogue with Liam over recent months, but it is clear that he now needs to focus entirely on the matters he is dealing with in his personal life."

Double talk for "we're outta here".

Gilbert McAdam bagged us on the Marngrook FS (after he walked out on us) for not supporting him enough. His reaction to the level of support given by Port Adelaide would be of interest.

I have a feeling that unless there's some serious intervention he's going to be in major trouble (if &) when his trial comes up in Darwin.

He desperately needs help and support to get him through this now.

• Like 1

There is no winner in this. I was mad with Liam when he walked out on the club and I realize now that most of it was selfish because he could have been a great player for the club and I would have loved to watch him star for the Dees.

I wish him the best now. I suspect his world is getting smaller and smaller and the problems he'll face are bigger and bigger.

• Like 1

Port Adelaide have tossed LJ under the bus too - South Australian Magistrate issues warrant for Liam Jurrah's arrest

Double talk for "we're outta here".

Gilbert McAdam bagged us on the Marngrook FS (after he walked out on us) for not supporting him enough. His reaction to the level of support given by Port Adelaide would be of interest.

I have a feeling that unless there's some serious intervention he's going to be in major trouble (if &) when his trial comes up in Darwin.

He desperately needs help and support to get him through this now.

Or face the cold hard facts and that is the law WJ. Some people will only learn when they face these cold hard facts. I think many have tried to support LJ, but he does not seem to respond to this type of support.

Liam may live ina world in which he makes the law. But he also lives in a world where govt makes laws too.

I dont want him to go to jail, but if he cant respect the laws and turn up to court, then he only has himself to blame and I'm sure many tried to support him to get there too

I fear for his health.

I can't see a way out for Liam, in the city life, or in the Bush.

his bridge is burning from both ends.

thankfully Liam has been sighted, in fact has presented & has been bailed out.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/former-afl-star-liam-jurrah-bailed-after-surrendering-to-south-australia-police/story-fndo2izk-1226571816099

TROUBLED footballer Liam Jurrah has been released on bail after voluntarily surrendering himself to police.

On Tuesday, Elizabeth Magistrates Court issued a warrant for Jurrah's arrest, after he failed to appear on charges of assault and drink driving.

This afternoon, Jurrah surrendered himself to the Elizabeth Police Station, in Adelaide's northern suburbs, and appeared in court within the hour.

Joanna Caracoussis, for Jurrah, said in court her client accepted he needs to be more organised in future. She said he also apologised to the court for his mistake.

Magistrate Joanne Tracey released Jurrah on bail, noting there was no opposition from prosecution.

thankfully Liam has been sighted, in fact has presented & has been bailed out.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/former-afl-star-liam-jurrah-bailed-after-surrendering-to-south-australia-police/story-fndo2izk-1226571816099

TROUBLED footballer Liam Jurrah has been released on bail after voluntarily surrendering himself to police.

On Tuesday, Elizabeth Magistrates Court issued a warrant for Jurrah's arrest, after he failed to appear on charges of assault and drink driving.

This afternoon, Jurrah surrendered himself to the Elizabeth Police Station, in Adelaide's northern suburbs, and appeared in court within the hour.

Joanna Caracoussis, for Jurrah, said in court her client accepted he needs to be more organised in future. She said he also apologised to the court for his mistake.

Magistrate Joanne Tracey released Jurrah on bail, noting there was no opposition from prosecution.

Thats the whole problem, he would be better off getting remanded, the hole just gets deeper and deeper, what ever the outcome hes going to do time in the boob, he should just start doing his time now.,

Sadly no support for Liam will help him unless he wants to get himself sorted out.

But i am very pleased the club is still in contact.

Maybe some time in a cell might wake him up. Right now he is flying too close to the ground.

I'm very disappointed for Liam. He appears to have made some plum average decisions and the frequency of these decisions appears to be increasing. I'm not entirely sure that jail will act as a circuit breaker.

Thats the whole problem, he would be better off getting remanded, the hole just gets deeper and deeper, what ever the outcome hes going to do time in the boob, he should just start doing his time now.,

whoa, he's got to be found guilty first.

& who's to say Jail time would be good for him?

He needs help for sure, as does his community.

Sadly no support for Liam will help him unless he wants to get himself sorted out.

But i am very pleased the club is still in contact.

Maybe some time in a cell might wake him up. Right now he is flying too close to the ground.

he's about 22 WYL, the age where the mind starts to slowly mature in males.

for me it was about 32... slowly. :unsure:

whoa, he's got to be found guilty first.

& who's to say Jail time would be good for him?

He needs help for sure, as does his community.

Word going around, broke bail last night, remanded in custody.