• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

It's interesting how her article today backs away from all her vitriole directed at the club, now that her information is that the club is not going to be punished save for a fine, and that Schwab will not be punished.

Also, if Schwab is not punished, her earlier comments about him and his likely being sacked may provide the basis for an apology (I doubt it, though).

• Like 1

Just heard that news on the end of 10 sport. Well Im happy with that outcome. No draft picks lost and a $500,000 fine can be wiped out quickly. Chris Connolly well if he has to face charges than so be it. As long as Neeld doesnt suffer through loss of picks then the punishment sounds fair.

Just hope Caro is right on that story.

I'd take that. 500K for (who did the pick end up being?) Barry and Hogan was it? Seems OK to me. I mean you'd pay that if they put them to auction.

• Like 1

Just heard that news on the end of 10 sport. Well Im happy with that outcome. No draft picks lost and a $500,000 fine can be wiped out quickly. Chris Connolly well if he has to face charges than so be it. As long as Neeld doesnt suffer through loss of picks then the punishment sounds fair.

Just hope Caro is right on that story.

What a disgrace...6 months for Connolly & 3 Months for Dean....Fcuk That.

Off to Court.

• Like 4

She writes a news piece (it's a shame I have to say that).

And says that the deal will involve a partially suspended sentence for Connolly and Bailey and a $500k fine for us.

If she is right, I can understand the time it is taking - I don't like the massive admission of guilt.

Especially considering Adelaide were fined $300k for paying a player $200k outside the cap...

• Like 1

If she is right, I can understand the time it is taking - I don't like the massive admission of guilt.

Especially considering Adelaide were fined $300k for paying a player $200k outside the cap...

Plus losing draft picks, which isn't the case here. Perhaps it cancels out ... (if this is true).

Off to Court.

Interested to hear what you would say if the AFL confirmed those penalties and announced it was beginning an investigation into other clubs who are under suspicion of similar behaviour?

Interested to hear what you would say if the AFL confirmed those penalties and announced it was beginning an investigation into other clubs who are under suspicion of similar behaviour?

It says we are guilty of Match Fixing (Tanking) & that the Hesad Coach was in on it.

A Stigma that will forever hang...Kill the Club, as sponsors will choose not to work with the MFC.

We Go to Court...We do not roll over, as our President said....We WIll Fight.

• Like 1

I'm not happy if anyone is charged and we receive that size of a fine - 500K is huge considering the profit we made this year.

Their defence is weak, and these downgraded punishments are only to save face after such a long and public investigation.

And as CW surprisingly puts it:

"McLean could provide no clear proof of tanking when confronted by the
AFL investigators, he stated on Fox Footy in July last year when asked
if the Demons had tanked: "Definitely, and I think you would have to be
blind Freddy to not figure that one out."

Edited by PJ_12345

It says we are guilty of Match Fixing (Tanking) & that the Hesad Coach was in on it.

A Stigma that will forever hang...Kill the Club, as sponsors will choose not to work with the MFC.

I don't think so, will be a negotiated outcome.

We were guilty. The stigma will stink whether a judge rules on it or not. Pay the @#$%ing fine and move on, and maybe the next time someone gets a bright idea to cut corners we throw them out of the club.

• Like 2

We were guilty. The stigma will stink whether a judge rules on it or not. Pay the @#$%ing fine and move on, and maybe the next time someone gets a bright idea to cut corners we throw them out of the club.

And who is going to sponsor that stigma??????

Didn't read my post?

Hey, if you didn't like this stink over the club maybe you shouldn't have cheered when we did it.

Yes i read what you said.....If you wish to take it up the Clacker that is your choice.

I want this club to fight as these charges are very flimsy...Fumbling the ball & a joke in a room??

Roll over at your own peril....

Edited by why you little

Off to Court.

She writes a news piece (it's a shame I have to say that).

And says that the deal will involve a partially suspended sentence for Connolly and Bailey and a $500k fine for us.

You blokes need to take your blinkers off and realise that if that is the outcome 1) we would have negotiated for it and 2) we should take it and run. It might make you feel good short-term but it would be utterly irresponsible of the club to waste resources fighting that and if the current admin did (which I do not believe they will at all) they should be out on their arses. Realise you need to take a pragmatic approach and all the huffing and puffing about court action would have been for the sole purpose of getting this outcome (should it eventuate). Suspended sentences and a short time in the sin bin for DB & CC and a small fine for the club (we could knock it off in one night of fundraising) would be an outstanding outcome compared to what might have been (banishment from early rounds of multiple drafts). It's not ideal, of course we'd all like to get off completely, but given the circumstances I would mark that outcome down as a win and get on with moving the club forward and letting Neeld get on with the footy.

• Like 5

Again, what's in The Age is of little interest. I will wait to hear it from the AFL

However if she is right, Craig Hutchinson's comment the other night that the AFL front office is a shambles should be picked up & run with

The joint leaks like a sieve. It appears AA has walked out leaving all the windows, doors & cabinets open

Sadly no journo would run with it for fear of biting the hand that feeds

• Like 1

It does nothing of the sort - you don't even know what the specifics of the findings might be but I can guarantee the club would not be found guilty of "tanking" or "match-fixing".

Kill the club is hyperbole to the extreme - what would kill the club is taking on city hall in a protracted court case when we would be trying to get off on technicalities. This outcome will have minimal to no effect on sponsorship but continued negative publicity due to a court case definitely would.

Do you think our President's words could have been chosen to have the effect of ensuring the penalties on the club and individuals would be minimal? It's bluster to scare the AFL into thinking we will do it - it's no use having nuclear bombs if no-one thinks you will use them but you'd be utterly insane to.

• Like 3