• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

I suspect most of us are rabidly running out of patience and want this over !!

Not such a bad comment. In the past our supporters have been depicted as Range Rover drivers, off to the snow, with patches on the elbows of their jackets. To now be described as rabid supporters, is clearly a description of a passionate following of a team that stands for something. I can live with that.

Fair point and well made.

Fair point and well made.

When I read about being "rabid" I dropped my thermos and broke it, as well, I burnt a hole in my tartan rug, with my cuban cigar. Off to the club for a cognac now. Toodle pip!!!!

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 9

I am a most proud RABID Supporter.

C W can get stuffed...Word is G Lyon was furious after the show..

If we had another 10,000 like wyl we would be on top of the world.

I'll take:

Schwab: no charge

Bailey: irregular activities, no firm evidence, no charge

Connolly: Bringing game into disrepute with threats relating to tanking - 6 months and $50K

MFC: Bringing game into disrepute for not reining Connolly in - fine $300K

No way, I'd take this

How can you tarnish the reputation of the AFL with a few statements behind closed doors. I bagged the AFL over dinner last night ......... if they had the restaurant bugged, I might be up for $50k!!

Given that legal fees must be near enough to $500k, that makes a total fine of $800 - or do you mean that they'll give us $200k. (No fine thankyou!)

I walked passed DM earlier, he looked a bit stressed.

Well he would be.............

yay..

Mark Stevens‏@Stevo7AFL

Do not expect any Demons tanking announcement today .. Will roll into another week

Extraordinary

I guess it will take a few days after agreeing on the outcome - to come up with an agreed set of words

I can't even think about the NAB Cup while this is dragging. I'm thinking long-term ........... does that mean I'm tanking?

I can't even think about the NAB Cup while this is dragging. I'm thinking long-term ........... does that mean I'm tanking?

Now...go write 800 pages of

" I must not Tank or tell bad jokes "

Like i said earlier, walked past don today, he took a deep breath to, he didnt look well, obviously its a thankless task at the moment, as everyone knows i have had a bit to say on this topic, sometimes you dont realise the countless hours that other people put in, hopefully we beat the bastards.

Only just got to see the shrew on Footy Classified. Now let me see if I have got this right. This Dowager of Armadale says that DM is wrong in his media release, because she never said that what she wrote formed the MFC's official response, but rather, what she cited was an "unofficial" defence, which she has come to know, due to the "people" she speaks to at the Club.

When challenged by Garry Lyon, as to why she didn't address the "official" response, she turns to the weak kneed defence, that GL has no credibility on this issue, because he is too close to the Club. Simply breathtaking logic.

Also, I must say I took some comfort from Gillon McLachlan's statement, which was part of a clip they played on FC, that the AFL did not want this difficult issue to be played out in the media.

Dowager Of Armadale.... DOA..... Dead On Arrival. She shall here by be known to myself as DOA. Thanks you sir.

Like i said earlier, walked past don today, he took a deep breath to, he didnt look well, obviously its a thankless task at the moment, as everyone knows i have had a bit to say on this topic, sometimes you dont realise the countless hours that other people put in, hopefully we beat the bastards.

Who knows maybe his day job is causing him some deep breathes.

Just heard that news on the end of 10 sport. Well Im happy with that outcome. No draft picks lost and a $500,000 fine can be wiped out quickly. Chris Connolly well if he has to face charges than so be it. As long as Neeld doesnt suffer through loss of picks then the punishment sounds fair.

Just hope Caro is right on that story.

• Like 1

While Fairfax Media could not confirm the exact nature of the findings against Melbourne

Interesting how Caroline Wilson's name is at the top of the article but the qualifier of 'Fairfax Media could not confirm' is in the text.

Shows how much faith they have in her sources.

Interesting how Caroline Wilson's name is at the top of the article but the qualifier of 'Fairfax Media could not confirm' is in the text.

Shows how much faith they have in her sources.

No, she just says that when she wants to avoid using the perpendicular pronoun.

Not even going to read it. She has no credibility. Might was well go and read the pyongyang times.

I dislike adding hits to the Age website now and especially to a Wilson article.

But at least it gives an outlet for my rage until the season starts and I can direct it over the boundary.

This place helps somewhat too.

• Like 1