In the Year 2030

DeeVoted

In the year 2030. Our game has changed a little from what we used to watch.

Football Ground = Arena

Playing area = Pitch

Umpires = Referees

Commentators = Sports Announcers

Footy supporters = Fans

Backline = Defensive zones

Forward Line = Offensive zones

Between both 50 metre lines (perhaps we have gone back to yardage) was known as the centre (now midfield), = neutral zone

Out of bounds = dead ball

Mark = Catch

Kick = Punt

Handball = pass

Free Kick = stoppage / Penality

----------------------------

Full game =2 x 20 min Quarters :

Midweek games (night games only) . 4 Weekend Games (late start- Day / and Night games)

MGC (Formerly the MFC home) Now only used for Blockbuster Games

AFL National Comp = Divided into conferences

MFC as we know it, Now plays at Casey in the Minor League

Melbourne Demons = Melbourne Daredevils

-------------------------------------------------

More of what we can look forward too

MCG now known as ASA (Aust Sportsbet Arena)

No walkup admittance, Pre sold annual Sponsor suites (fills 90% of capicity of seating)

the other 10% are club / member suites. ASA now holds 2500 Suites each with a max of 30 patrons in each)

For an annual fee of $3000 per ann,football fans can subscribe yearly to Sportsbet and have a reserved Suite

Players are leased to clubs on a 3 year sponsorship run by Sportsbet.

Salary cap has been done away with, in favour of Sportsbet Auctioning off leases to Clubs.

Cap on clubs purchasing leases on players on the highend of leases,to keep the conference on a even and competetive basis.

Game Day at ASA.

2 hours of pre game entertainment. Rock bands, Dancing girls, Digital music and any other crap tney can come up with,hype blasted thru the suites and outside.

Scoreboard updates every 10 mins with the latest odds ie Winner, 1st team to score, 1st player to score, 1st team to get a possession etc etc.

Every luxury seat in a suite has a touchpad for placing bets activated with your suite key.

Allows to place bets in realtime not just the game, but worldwide,at the touch of the screen.

Calling of the Game:

(Speakers blasting around the arena with the announcers voices).

WELCOME to ASA, tonights blockbuster between Melb Daredevils V Tasmanian Tritons (Southern Conference)

1st announcer "Good evening . big night for both teams in this knockout for this conference, then perhaps a chance to be the last team to be in last group for the playoff."

2nd announcer " Thank you BobbyB, The fans will be loving this, the build up so far as been mind blowing.

For the viewers at home, we hope you enjoy the call. Dont forget those at home you can bet in realtime on this game.

(TVs are in 3D HD, and have a similar device activated with Sportsbet Box, for betting, same as in the suites)

(National broadband) Foxtel, taken over by Sportsbet, is availvable for $3000 per ann for all live sport, or $1800 football only. Sportsbet own rights, markerting etc, )

Kickoff in 10 mins. .. more hype....

Here comes the Tritons, wearing their bright green helmets, The Daredevils will need to hold the Tritions quarterback throughout the game as he has been a damaging player all season. (his stats flash up the video scoreboard, and in the suites and at home)

10/1 for 1st possession 20/1 1st goal. $50 $100 to $2000 unit bets.

(1st announcer). yes Junior, one to watch. The daredevils also have Watts guarding the defensive zone, he leads the way in the Mid Conference, with rebounds, and stoppages and having an excellent season.

Ok, I have gone to the exterme, and taking the pi$$

Our footy is just fine the way it is. Just keep it basic and stop complicating it any more, and I (we) DONT want to hear or see anything but Aussie Rules when we go to a game!

And how about dropping Amercianisms while we are at it.

Edit: added a link

http://the-flack.com/2012/08/the-afl-in-the-year-2030/

Edited by Deevoted

I agree 100% Deevoted! We already have the best in the world, and it has served us beautifully since its inception. Don't mess with it, or we run the risk of turning Goldilocks into a CW clone.

Edit: changed to initials CW. Didn't want to personalise it.

Edited by Deeoldfart

You could of just said you are worried that the game is turning into American football. You would of saved a couple of hours. Have some faith in australian sports that they keep their core traditions.

• Like 1

Well done deevoted nice try, but the young supporters just haven't experienced what was, prior to mid nineties so much, & also they have been brought up on I want now!

So they are in a different world to ours, & we to them seemingly.

All societies cohesive structures are being dismantled. And the kids can't tell & don't understand what its like to have these things done to them.

Midweek games (night games only) . 4 Weekend Games (late start- Day / and Night games)

How can you have two twenty minute quarters?

the other 2, are used as timeouts in huddles discussing tactics & percentage gains on the odds menu.

You don't strike me as someone who doesn't give a [censored].

What old dee is saying is that by then he may give a [censored] .....but he wont know the exact moment that the [censored] will come and when it has come he won't necessarily know that it has happened. But it won't be his problem cos he won't be the one cleaning it up anyway.

Edited by dandeeman

deevoted - all too possible, especially if AD remains in charge for much longer.

One typo I must correct - you used centre, not center for midfield / neutral zone.

You don't strike me as someone who doesn't give a shiit.

Your right dee-luded it is just the concept of 2030 leaves me a little amused these days.

I seriously hope i am still around and know what day it is.

The day the world changed for me was the first time i heard " a shot on Goal"

The biggest problem I have is not the way the game is described but the way it is played.

Three things worry me

The rolling scrum that our game as become seriously worries me.

120+ interchanges a game, I cannot work out who is on and who is off.

Not to mention the joy of watching a player run 100 metres to get off stay off 2 minutes then run 100 metres back again.

As does 36 players in one half of the ground.

Deliver me please.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

What old dee is saying is that by then he may give a [censored] .....but he wont know the exact moment that the [censored] will come and when it has come he won't necessarily know that it has happened. But it won't be his problem cos he won't be the one cleaning it up anyway.

I thought the brain was working ok dandeman until I read this now I am not so sure.

I think I understand. Umm

How can you have two twenty minute quarters?

Didn't they tell you? Mathematics has changed. It's a game of two quarters now.

Halves? What are those?