THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

Seems to me from that B) symbol that you might know something about her return?

I miss her - like I miss Niccolò Machiavelli, Atilla the Hun, Hitler and Stalin :wub: . They were all regular folk in their own way but I wouldn't pee on any of them if they were on fire.

Is B) a symbol? I thought it was a photo of Caro without her make-up

.... i must say its poor form on Fans part.

Very measured mjt ... but "poor form" it certainly is!

• Like 1

Calm down everyone, Fan is having a bit of fun and taking the mickey out of everyone. He is as committed a Demon, if not more, than most of us.

We're are all committed here-or at least we should be.

• Like 2

As Redleg said, Fan's having fun, nothing more. While I acknowledge that he's more political than I ever imagined, I also recognise his levity when it's onbious.

Strangely, Onbious..... Or on-bias is freudianly closer to the reality than you intended !!

Levity?

I know he was not joking when he said - "keep up the good work" about the way Wilson was doing her job.

Fan missing this 'accomplished investigative journalist' may be a joke, but not the way he thinks it is.

• Like 2

I miss her - like I miss Niccolò Machiavelli, Atilla the Hun, Hitler and Stalin :wub: . They were all regular folk in their own way but I wouldn't pee on any of them if they were on fire.

Gee Jack, a bit tough on the old Nic Mac. His rap sheet's in another universe to the other three.

Fan, you win.

They're dumber than I thought.

All you seem to do of late is come on here to moan about the repetitive threads and posts and belittle those you think are challenged.

And, ironically, the belittling is becoming repetitive and not very challenging.

• Like 5

Caro sends a very happy new year H.

Better than I could have hoped really.............. :lol:

Positively knee slapping, side-splitting humour Fan. I hope you keep the standard as high as this throughout the season, even when Caro writes her next piece suggesting that everyone working in any administrative capacity at the MFC during 2009 should automatically be arrested and charged under Section 34(b) of the Summary Offences Act 1958.

But don't worry. We'll send the brief to Redleg or Rumpole. They'll fix things! :lol:

• Like 4

So nobody knows when she'll be back?

I do miss her! B)

i miss her, unfortunately, every time I fire a shot.
  • Like 2

Positively knee slapping, side-splitting humour Fan. I hope you keep the standard as high as this throughout the season, even when Caro writes her next piece suggesting that everyone working in any administrative capacity at the MFC during 2009 should automatically be arrested and charged under Section 34( B) of the Summary Offences Act 1958. But don't worry. We'll send the brief to Redleg or Rumpole. They'll fix things! :lol:

So Fan was working at the club in 2009 was he?

Now I understand why it was such a shite year!

So Fan was working at the club in 2009 was he?Now I understand why it was such a shite year!

Ha ha ha - good one hoopla. :lol:

Nearly fell of my chair when I read that.

Surely, Fan is doing us a service by highlighting the problem at Melbourne which is that everybody wants to be a comedian. After all, Chris Connolly poked his head into a meeting one day and cracked a funny. Next thing you know, we're being investigated for match fixing. We were so good at match fixing that we needed an opposition player to goal from 50 after the siren to fix a match one day.

You know the name of the new club song?

"I started a joke" by the Bee Gees! :lol:

Lead singer of the Bee Gees?

A recently retired former captain. :lol: ha ha ha ....

Fan, you win.

They're dumber than I thought.

Who's dumb BH?

Fan is not an anonymous poster somewhere out there in the ether who can disappear if he turns out to be wrong. Many of us know him and he's gone to great lengths to suggest that Wilson is usually right on the button with her source material (which is often the case) and he's done so to the point where he will be the subject of much ridicule if proven wrong.

So my money is on the fact that Fan reckons she's going to be proven right.

Of course, Wilson's editorial was largely an opinion piece in which she made known her poisonous views on one particular club, fully aware that others (including her beloved Tigers) were also involved in the same activities and in respect of which the AFL was doing nothing. Her very strong agenda against the club and two officials who she named was made clear and, though she would never divulge her sources, I have a feeling that these will be known in the fullness of time.

In any event, I wouldn't be proud of ever endorsing such a person, nor would I come back to gloat about it.

• Like 3

Who's dumb BH?

Fan is not an anonymous poster somewhere out there in the ether who can disappear if he turns out to be wrong. Many of us know him and he's gone to great lengths to suggest that Wilson is usually right on the button with her source material (which is often the case) and he's done so to the point where he will be the subject of much ridicule if proven wrong.

Of course, Wilson's editorial was largely an opinion piece in which she made known her poisonous views on one particular club, fully aware that others (including her beloved Tigers) were also involved in the same activities and in respect of which the AFL was doing nothing. Her very strong agenda against the club and two officials who she named was made clear and, though she would never divulge her sources, I have a feeling that these will be known in the fullness of time.

In any event, I wouldn't be proud of ever endorsing such a person, nor would I come back to gloat about it.

Which story by Wilson are we talking about here? The initial bilious article where she slagged off the club, CS and CC, or the later article where she backtracked about CC's comments (that they could have been said in jest).

She also initially construed that Melbourne FC secretly met to discuss the 'tanking' at a special place called The Vault. This is another part of her story she later retracted in the subsequent article.

An excellent point about her blind spot for Richmond too, and and again i raise the argument - if Melbourne were 'tanking' that day in 2009 (and still leading at full time), what on earth were Richmond doing?!!!!! If they'd lost that match, and all other results for 2009 stayed in place, Richmond would have got the number one pick (and picked Scully haha) and the Dees would have lost their priority pick - finishing with 5 1/2 wins. Does anyone think that the Tigers were unaware of this possibility when they went into that match?

• Like 3

Who's dumb BH?

Whispering, I just reckon everyone is reading way too much into a couple of flippant remarks designed to niggle. If Fan wasn't just having banter, or old-fashioned stirring, then it's me who's misread him.

• Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

^^^ I thought that was obvious, myself.

Far too many conspiracy theorists who'd like to believe Fan is more involved than he really is, and is leaving us all a trail of breadcrumbs.

There's no DaVinci Code - he's just shitstirring.

• Like 1

Which story by Wilson are we talking about here? The initial bilious article where she slagged off the club, CS and CC, or the later article where she backtracked about CC's comments (that they could have been said in jest).

She also initially construed that Melbourne FC secretly met to discuss the 'tanking' at a special place called The Vault. This is another part of her story she later retracted in the subsequent article.

An excellent point about her blind spot for Richmond too, and and again i raise the argument - if Melbourne were 'tanking' that day in 2009 (and still leading at full time), what on earth were Richmond doing?!!!!! If they'd lost that match, and all other results for 2009 stayed in place, Richmond would have got the number one pick (and picked Scully haha) and the Dees would have lost their priority pick - finishing with 5 1/2 wins. Does anyone think that the Tigers were unaware of this possibility when they went into that match?

If there is one question I would like to pose to Caro is if the information she apparently was given happened to be about Richmond would she have published it like she did with us. Her answer would be "dont be ridiculous" (her answer to everything when she is cornered) I bet she wouldn't have because everyone was doing it. One day when she is in her favourite wine bar in Armadale and I am feeling a little confrontational and she is a little bit "shickered" I might just ask her that question.

• Like 3

Who's dumb BH?

Yes - if there were a few throw away lines from Connolly in a weekly meeting - and if a few disgruntled former employees did make some incriminating statements - then she will be able to say that she was right ...................and Fan will feel vindicated.

The key questions are whether or not these statements were taken out of context - and whether or not she happily reported on a biased selection of unrepresentative [censored]-bits which suited her agenda. Her keenness to draw premature conclusions is indefensible.

From what you say about him , Fan ought to be big enough to admit that his obvious desire to antagonise his fellow supporters does him no credit

• Like 1