Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

Sheahan is on the RL.

I had counted for all incoming players. It's a running total of confirmed in/outs. Right now we have 1 vacancy.

For the sake of peer review, can you go through your sums with me? I have Green, Moloney, Jurrah and Rivers out, with Byrnes, Dawes, Viney and Barry in. That adds up to zero vacancies by my maths. What have I missed?

For the sake of peer review, can you go through your sums with me? I have Green, Moloney, Jurrah and Rivers out, with Byrnes, Dawes, Viney and Barry in. That adds up to zero vacancies by my maths. What have I missed?

The vacancy from the removal of the VL. We had 39 on the PL in 2012, now we will have 40.

The Contracts thread (the OP) on the main board has the up-to-date Primary List.

• Like 1

You'd want to be pretty sure about the heart condition.

Blows me away that with all the risky selections we've had (that havent eventuated), people aren't willing to offload a cusp player to take a chance on a kid who was highly rated for essentially nothing.....

Blows me away that with all the risky selections we've had (that havent eventuated), people aren't willing to offload a cusp player to take a chance on a kid who was highly rated for essentially nothing.....

He was highly rated two years ago. Today he's a half-back flanker who has shown a limited appetite for the contest and only managed 13 games over 2 seasons for a start-up franchise handing out games to youngsters. The heart condition is incidental and also a little ironic given his dubious levels of enthusiasm for the game. On the two occasions I've seen him this year at reserves level, he's looked disinterested.

Just throwing a cat amongst the pigeons here, but if Adelaide were penalised for the current predicament they are in and as such lost say their 17yo mini draft selection from last year in Brad Crouch (amongst other things) who went back into the 2012 draft, might we take him ahead of say a Toumpas/Wines?

I would.

Interested in Toy for GC speculating about throwing his name into the pre-season draft if he does not get traded to Vic club in next day and a half. Given we are the Vic club with the first pick would we select Toy or are there others likely to slip through..?

Interested in Toy for GC speculating about throwing his name into the pre-season draft if he does not get traded to Vic club in next day and a half. Given we are the Vic club with the first pick would we select Toy or are there others likely to slip through..?

What use our pick 4 on him? I don't think so.

We have pick 3 in the pre-season draft (which is not till Dec). As opposed to pick 4 in the National Draft... which I too would not use on Toy.

We have pick 3 in the pre-season draft (which is not till Dec). As opposed to pick 4 in the National Draft... which I too would not use on Toy.

Ok, sorry. I get confused by the drafting option. He could go into the national draft couldn't he?

FCS - this month long FA & trade "week" is a pain I the butt. Surely it should all be put into one week, then bring on the draft, and we can all start fantasizing about the preseason: this system is more painful than drawing teeth. Another Dumbitriou / Anderson triumph :-(((

Edited by monoccular

FCS - this month long FA & trade "week" is a pain I the butt. Surely it should all be put into one week, then bring on the draft, and we can all start fantasizing about the preseason: this system is more painful than drawing teeth. Another Dumbitriou / Anderson triumph :-(((

Agree. A week for FA, and a week for trades, or both concurrent over a fortnight tops.

• Like 1

Agree. A week for FA, and a week for trades, or both concurrent over a fortnight tops.

Yep, everyone can circle their respective preys prior to the official start and then get stuck into it. Knowing you might have endless days (daze) to accomplish whatever might both expedite matters as well as forcing some reality checks upon the parties as to 'real world' worth !

Speculation that Hawthorn are interested in Gysberts and may be willing to part ways with Pick 28 for him. Could allow us to do the following:

Gysberts to Hawthorn

Pick 28 to Melbourne

Martin & Pick 49 to Brisbane

Pick 33 to Melbourne

Pick 28 to North Melbourne

Pedersen & Pick 39 to Melbourne

Pick 39 & Bennell to St Kilda

Ray to Melbourne

Morton to West Coast

Pick 62 to Melbourne

• Like 1

Speculation that Hawthorn are interested in Gysberts and may be willing to part ways with Pick 28 for him. Could allow us to do the following:

Gysberts to Hawthorn

Pick 28 to Melbourne

Pick 33 to Melbourne

Ray to Melbourne

Morton to West Coast

Pick 62 to Melbourne

Hmmmmm........

Let me digest all that but doesn't look too shabby.

But would the Hawks actually use their effective first pick ? It would render them all but non participants in the draft.

Interesting ideas though :)

The Morton aspect is non dependent, just clears a space, that in itself might be warranted.

Some nice thinking there TD. It does actually flow well and would seem to appease all.

Edited by belzebub59

Hmmmmm........

Let me digest all that but doesn't look too shabby.

But would the Hawks actually use their effective first pick ? It would render them all but non participants in the draft.

Interesting ideas though :)

The Morton aspect is non dependent, just clears a space, that in itself might be warranted.

Some nice thinking there TD. It does actually flow well and would seem to appease all.

I guess it would come down to how highly Hawthorn rate Gys and whether or not they think there's better at Pick 28 I guess? You're right though, if they did make that trade then their first Pick would be 65!

Mitchell and Sewell certainly are getting on though. They may see Gysberts as being a good fit to replace them as an inside mid who's already had three years of development and they'll just back themselves to improve him.

• Like 1

Gysberts to Hawthorn

Pick 28 to Melbourne

Pick 33 to Melbourne

Ray to Melbourne

Morton to West Coast

Pick 62 to Melbourne

I'd take all those picks but wouldn't use 28 on pedo. I can handle 33 for Martin then passed on for ray. North are dreaming if they want 28 for a vfl player. The same could be said of us wanting 33 for Martin.

• Like 3