WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

Barrett tried putting words in his mouth about Dawes great relationship with Neeld. Manager countered with his relationship with Scott Watters is great too - played a straight bat.

Guest bluey

Well there you are Dawes is now going to explore his options after a chat with Bucks.

http://www.theage.co...1003-26yw8.html

Collingwood got Lynch because they obviously feel they are lacking in the forward line and it may be that Dawes is the perceived weak link; who knows.

Appears we are about to pick up Collingwoods rubbish.

The guys a spud, Collingwood dont even rate him as high as a 30 y.o Lynch.

I actually like that one Olisik.

I reckon Carlton is our concern with regard to getting Dawes, I just hope the Pies will be so against giving Carlton and Mick anything that they'd sooner trade with us even for less return.

Great news that he is not interested in going interstate

Gut feel is if Neeld and Craig can sell it well to them- Clarke, Dawes, Byrnes is a formative forward line for a developing side

It's no Lyon, Farmer, Schwartz, but it's better than what we have now.

Throw Hogan in there and all of a sudden we have potency.

Does anyone have any info on that knee injury he copped in the prelim? Didn't look good at all and we don't want a player who has just suffered a severe knee injury (hopefully it was just something minor).

Edited by ThePassenger

If Sydney don't get Tippett then they will definitely get Dawes.

I have a gut feel that we will finish up with Caddy as a result of the trading/movement of the two.

Don't know how , it'e just a feeling.

"Dawes is studying in Melbourne and is not interested in a shift interstate."

From the article on The Age, my gut feel is it'll be Melbourne or staying at the Pies.

I'm fairly pleased with the idea of getting him, will be very handy to Mitch and he'll be played as a permanent forward unlike this year at the Pies where he was a forward/ruck. Then the idea of Byrnes being at their feet waiting for the crums tops it.

Does anyone have any info on that knee injury he copped in the prelim? Didn't look good at all and we don't want a player who has just suffered a severe knee injury (hopefully it was just something minor).

Can't be that bad he was running around the tan the other day with Luke Ball

If Sydney don't get Tippett then they will definitely get Dawes.

I have a gut feel that we will finish up with Caddy as a result of the trading/movement of the two.

Don't know how , it'e just a feeling.

Don't think so skills, Article i read on the HUN quoted his manager as saying Chris is studying in Melbourne and doesn't want to move interstate

Edited by Dee*ceiving

"Dawes is studying in Melbourne and is not interested in a shift interstate."

From the article on The Age, my gut feel is it'll be Melbourne or staying at the Pies.

I'm fairly pleased with the idea of getting him, will be very handy to Mitch and he'll be played as a permanent forward unlike this year at the Pies where he was a forward/ruck. Then the idea of Byrnes being at their feet waiting for the crums tops it.

Yep but if I were virtually promise a flag and good money, I would certainly look at completing the degree in Sydney or even deferring it.

If Dawes went to Sydney; that would be would cause nightmares for Clarkson, Buckley et al

Yep but if I were virtually promise a flag and good money, I would certainly look at completing the degree in Sydney or even deferring it.

If Dawes went to Sydney; that would be would cause nightmares for Clarkson, Buckley et al

Which is one key factor in our favor. How keen will the pies be to trade with Swans given that to do so will help a team that is likely to be battling with them for a top 4 position next year? Also Swans would likely have to give up a player (or perhaps a trade pick but i reckon it is unlikely the swans will want to give up picks) which i doubt they'll be keen on given the Swans much vaunted bloods culture.

We are a huge chance to get him, with the Saints perhaps our only competitor (given the Neeld and play at the G factors i reckon he'll prefer us over the dogs). The Saints would have the appeal of being more likely to play finals but i think we could probably better the cash offer to Dawes and the trade options for the pies.

If Dawes goes Martin might be back on the table for a trade. It wouldn't be far off a straight swap for Dawes either, perhaps Martin and a late pick for Dawes. Throw Wellingham into the mix and we have the makings of a pretty big deal.

What about pick 13, Martin and Petterd for Dawes and Wellingham?

We need Dawes only so Collingwood don't have him.

Imagine how rooted we would be on QB with Rivers gone, Frawley on Cloke, TMac on Lynch and, what, Watts on Dawes?

Tongue only slightly in cheek.

Edit: Sorry, forgot Dunn. He can take Dawes I guess.

Scary.

Edited by Undeeterred

I dont think the Saints will be that flash next year somehow. Pretty middle of the road, and it will be a wide road too :)

Whoah, spooky. On trade radio Damien Barrett just stated talking about how a super deal involving Dawes and Wellingham to the dees might work!

So frustrating though, the link to the show keeps dropping out on my computer. Very annoying.

The problem for Dawes is that unless Collingwood want the salary space or want himout

He is going nowhere.

My desire for Dawes is dependant on what he costs, a reasonable deal ( whatever that is )

and I am happy if he joins the dees but lets not pay over the odds