FIRST & FOREVER

DemonWA

signed up for 2013 membership today, and choose the Dedicated Demon option where my membership will roll over 'Forever'

Get on board!

Yep, it's good option in these times of 'last straw' declarations, many of which have been made on this forum recently. Best not to think about renewal, just assume that it's going to happen.

A soft, uninspiring slogan.

i disagree, i prefer it to "generation D" and other recent ones.

It also goes hand in hand with the incentives that they're putting up for peple who renew 'first' and people who roll over their memberships on the dedicated demons plan ' forever'.

• Like 4

I thought it was a good slogan and the Imagery on the site looks great.

No pleasing some people.

I agree, considering the season we have just had I think the club is pulling on the right strings here!! It affected me and I was like hell yeah I am signing up lol!!

• Like 2

I think that we don't make enough of the history of our club, so I'm all for this campaign. We are the oldest club and we are determined to not only stick around, but to grow and flourish.

A few have asked for some past players/coaches to be included on the banner. It would fit with this campaign as a theme for 2013.

• Like 3

Relying on mention of past glory to promote next year - fail in my opinion.

Is the fear of further failure keeping marketing low-key?

Edit: Of course I will re-sign next pay cycle. Nothing changes that.

Edited by Maldonboy38

Re-signed.

thats all you neeeded to say Jaded

we all know the other stuff...but at the end of the day it doesnt matter

Were Demons. Were Demons yesterday, Were Demons Today and we will be tomorrow

• Like 2

signed up for 2013 membership today, and choose the Dedicated Demon option where my membership will roll over 'Forever'

Get on board!

Signed up myself, my 5 year old, my 2 year old and my 2 day old last week.

Am expecting a call from DHS.

• Like 11

Relying on mention of past glory to promote next year - fail in my opinion.

Is the fear of further failure keeping marketing low-key?

Edit: Of course I will re-sign next pay cycle. Nothing changes that.

I think we've come off about 4 consecutive years of playing up the "future" in our membership campaigns only to be shot in the foot so this sits OK with me.

And, yeh, I'll be re-signing too. It's amazing the hold footy can have on a person. Anything else which gave me so little joy over a 5 year period would have been banished from my life.

• Like 1

thats all you neeeded to say Jaded

we all know the other stuff...but at the end of the day it doesnt matter

Were Demons. Were Demons yesterday, Were Demons Today and we will be tomorrow

Is a Were Demon like a Werewolf ?

If so I like the imagery

• Like 2

I think we've come off about 4 consecutive years of playing up the "future" in our membership campaigns only to be shot in the foot so this sits OK with me.

And, yeh, I'll be re-signing too. It's amazing the hold footy can have on a person. Anything else which gave me so little joy over a 5 year period would have been banished from my life.

Personally, something along the lines of "Total Buy-In" would be relevant. You could have the players that have had "total buy-in" since Neeld's arrival, and now it's time for all Melbourne supporters to have "Total Buy-In" and get on board.

Something along those lines - I'm not a marketing expert, so perhaps someone that is could come up with a term that is more appealing to what I've written but means the same thing.

Last year I wanted "No More Excuses". Was shot down because it was Neeld's first year, so was happy to put it on hold for 12 months. I'm pretty sure if I made the suggestion of "No More Excuses" again, we'd come up with 101 reasons why we shouldn't have that this year, including the fact that we lost Jurrah, that we are the 3rd youngest team in terms of experience, that we're goin gin to the season with too many injuries, etc, etc, etc.

• Like 1

Take my money, break my heart, then sh*t on my head.

Re-signed.

Classic.

Very funny.

Perhaps next year's slogan?

Edited by PaulRB

Personally, something along the lines of "Total Buy-In" would be relevant. You could have the players that have had "total buy-in" since Neeld's arrival, and now it's time for all Melbourne supporters to have "Total Buy-In" and get on board.

Something along those lines - I'm not a marketing expert, so perhaps someone that is could come up with a term that is more appealing to what I've written but means the same thing.

Last year I wanted "No More Excuses". Was shot down because it was Neeld's first year, so was happy to put it on hold for 12 months. I'm pretty sure if I made the suggestion of "No More Excuses" again, we'd come up with 101 reasons why we shouldn't have that this year, including the fact that we lost Jurrah, that we are the 3rd youngest team in terms of experience, that we're goin gin to the season with too many injuries, etc, etc, etc.

That's funny. Just wrote on the Neeld Lyon thread that our membership tagline should be:

BUY IN!

I wont sugarcoat here,dont like it...its a CARP slogan!

Definately impressed with the imagery though. Old School with the new is good.

We aint first and its been forever...is more like it..lol...

"Buy in" sounds a whole ot better!

• Like 1