Why Join Melbourne?

CRomey

We lost 18 games by an average of 50.6 points or 8+ goals.

That is a telling statt.

Would you join the MFC?

It is not going to be easy unless we serious grease the palms of some good players.

Like 50% more than others are offering

Im not sure that manywill think it carrries water but you need to sell the idea that whomever comes on board can make a difference. These players wont just be anonymous participants they will be intrumental in the resurgent Melbourne.

You show them how theyll make a difference. Appeal to the ego

Money will help but it wont really be the reason anyone joins.

Paint a picture...and given them a brush.

• Like 2

Maybe the lure of getting a game and usually on the MCG, might lure a couple of fringe players from top clubs.

Why not??? It worked in the 1950s.

Money will help but it wont really be the reason anyone joins.

Charity then....

The golden vision could only be clearer if there is money involved....also oils the egos of footballers too.

Paint a picture...and given them a brush.

.....a trained labrador and a walking cane would also be useful.

ive got a good idea !, how about all those on this who do nothing but slag of MFC , just [censored] off and get a hawks , scum member ship , before thier boat springs a leak or two , , go on [censored] off , your not required . you buggers are a cancer in our MFC , moan moan complain , nothing is ok with you lot and yes you know who you are , just [censored] off

• Like 3

ive got a good idea !, how about all those on this who do nothing but slag of MFC , just [censored] off and get a hawks , scum member ship , before thier boat springs a leak or two , , go on [censored] off , your not required . you buggers are a cancer in our MFC , moan moan complain , nothing is ok with you lot and yes you know who you are , just [censored] off

That would probably reduce the membership to about 10 000

And we would playing in the Ammos by 2015

• Like 1

I guess the danger in raising the bar is that when expectations are shown to be unrealistic, it's depressing. I cannot imagine that anyone would have predicted what a disappointing season 2012 would turn out to be. Having said that, MN has a fair bit to prove given that he has not shown that he can get a decent result from what some have said is an 'ordinary' group of players.......and I'm still not convinced that the list is all that ordinary!

So, having failed to tick that box so far, the next indicator will be his ability to help recruit the missing links. I.e. Selling the future success of the MFC to players that we need.

In my view, if we do not see the team performance turnaround in 2013, MN would be right to feel vulnerable.

Excellent points Romey!

Moloney is most likely gone testing his luck with the free agency while given Melbourne's blessings. Worth noting Moloney is no Dud. Polled 19 brown low votes in a poor side in 2011. LJ is gone and was arguably our most exciting player. These types of Guys don't grow on trees contrary to the posts bandied about.

Yes what indeed is enticing at Melbourne right now apart from Mitch Clark?

Thaipantsman is enticing. All the way with thaipantsman.

• Like 1

Why join MFC? I reckon as most have said the $$ but peoples motivation to change can be affected by Family, Relationships, Great Sales Pitch, Footy connections ie Coaches and hopefully a really flashy sales pitch. To me all these reason could be why someone would join MFC.

Cash whores and those who like the challenge of dragging a club out of the dust.

What we seriously lack are players that other players will want to play with. Even the Dogs have the likes of Boyd, Murphy, Cooney...big names from whom they can learn and develop their own game.

Cash whores and those who like the challenge of dragging a club out of the dust.

What we seriously lack are players that other players will want to play with. Even the Dogs have the likes of Boyd, Murphy, Cooney...big names from whom they can learn and develop their own game.

Mitch and Nathan say hi Some might like the idea of a ball tearer like Viney comig into the side. Howe is exciting

Granted we're not swimming in them.

edit : added JH

Edited by belzebub59

The only players who will be attracted to the MFC are the same types that are already prevalent amongst our playing list, ie good, honest battlers. They are the ones who will turn up to every session, have a crack at every contest, and generally stink up the joint with lack of skills and football nous. But Neeldy will pat them on the back, and say good effort mate, whilst turning away the few players on our list who have actually shown some ability. How Mitch Clark slipped through the cracks is beyond me, but thank Tom Cruise that he did.

The only players who will be attracted to the MFC are the same types that are already prevalent amongst our playing list, ie good, honest battlers. They are the ones who will turn up to every session, have a crack at every contest, and generally stink up the joint with lack of skills and football nous. But Neeldy will pat them on the back, and say good effort mate, whilst turning away the few players on our list who have actually shown some ability. How Mitch Clark slipped through the cracks is beyond me, but thank Tom Cruise that he did.

Yeah, what a stupid effing bloke Mitch Clark must be...

Yeah, what a stupid effing bloke Mitch Clark must be...

Actually that goes to the crux of it.

Why play for Melbourne? for all the reasons that Mitch came to understand. Yes theres money and that might be what sways some to at least look at us for the 5 mins it takes to outline the future but obviously Clark saw something he liked in Neeld and the new FD

We actually want more of the type who are smart enough to see a golden opportunity when it stares them in the face and act on it.

Try as I might I cannot stop myself from repling.

Has it escaped your notice that for the last 6 years we have been crap.

In 2011 we took part in 186

This year we lost 19 games by an average margin of 8+ goals

We finished effectively last with one genuine win.

It is fairly obvious that we have poor playing stocks.

The current coach and FD have been charged with getting us off the bottom.

They are now deciding who stays and who goes.

So there will be a number of players shown the door.

As there should be.

It will not end this year as we probably only have a dozen players who a standard to get us into the top eight teams.

Do you want to hang onto every player in the faint hope they will be an average player around 2015

• Like 2

Why join Melbourne....

Join Melbourne because we are serious about becoming an elite club.

The standards being set at Melbourne mirror the standards required to succeed.

Come to Melbourne and get the best out of your god given talents because no longer does mediocrity live here.

We have Neeld, Craig, Mission etc they know what an elite program looks like.

At the moment everyone is crying because Melbourne is going through a hard prune. Our old flowers (and some young buds) have or will be cut.

But guess what, after a hard prune the whole plant grows back bigger and stronger.

The action starts now...and in my eyes it would be alot easier to convince players to come and buy into the new pro-active Melbourne than the old wait and see Melbourne.

The Melbourne FC will no longer be the club where near enough is good enough...only players with the desire to give there all will be retained and recruited....i like the sound of the new Melbourne.

Thats why i believe that players will want to come to Melbourne.

• Like 5

Why join Melbourne....

Join Melbourne because we are serious about becoming an elite club.

The standards being set at Melbourne mirror the standards required to succeed.

Come to Melbourne and get the best out of your god given talents because no longer does mediocrity live here.

We have Neeld, Craig, Mission etc they know what an elite program looks like.

At the moment everyone is crying because Melbourne is going through a hard prune. Our old flowers (and some young buds) have or will be cut.

But guess what, after a hard prune the whole plant grows back bigger and stronger.

The action starts now...and in my eyes it would be alot easier to convince players to come and buy into the new pro-active Melbourne than the old wait and see Melbourne.

The Melbourne FC will no longer be the club where near enough is good enough...only players with the desire to give there all will be retained and recruited....i like the sound of the new Melbourne.

Thats why i believe that players will want to come to Melbourne.

That is way better than I could manage Bingo.

Good effort I hope they use it and it works.

Thes a phenomenom whereby some folks feel uneasy about change. Theyd rather that which they knos and have become accustomed to even when its not what they profess to desire or aspire to.

There are many who all but fear success as that brings with it not only change but the associated need to work on themselves. Some are just too lazy to do anyting and accept soemthing 2nd or 3rd rate because its easier to deal with.

Some call this the 'comfort " zone. I suspect there are a lot of followers of this club who have built their own comfort zones with respect to how they see themselves and the club. When this happens the first reaction to any change is to manifest excuses why it isnt needed or find blame on those who would impose it ( change )

Weve been pretty well crap for that long its become normal. its this normality as obscene that it is thats the refuge for some. They dont want to see it changed for theyt then have to. This then calls upon the defenders to offer up reasons to remain faithful to their belief or either admit theyve been wrong ( or hoodwinked ) or to grow and accept that things can and will be bettter.

Some ask why anyone would come to Melbourne. If we werent prepared to change and change wholesale then there would be , id bet , many who would simply ignore us at best or laugh at any invitation. That we as a club are making changes, big changes , and can be seen by all to be doing this might just [censored] up the interest of some who are looking for fresher fields or another opportunity to kick start their careers.

The journey when boarding a trip going up is I dare say far more rewarding than joining anyone standing still, or going down.

We're going up :)

The "new Melbourne" has a bit of the boy who cried wolf about it..

Money will have to do the talking.

Funny.. I see the New Melbourne as a man who is a wolf and he's hungry.
  • Like 1