• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

Is this the news you'd heard previously when he flew back to Adelaide? I recall you saying something at the time about the whole story not being released, I assume this is it and they just wanted to wait til the season was over before it came out?

Girlfriend and he needed to be in Adelaide and bridges were being burnt.

Interesting times down at the club. A bit of experience and quality we are/may lose. Club cant afford this too much.

Brad Green - retires but tells Schwarz his body is fine & Schwarz reckons he may play for another club next year eg: GWS.

Kelvin Lawrence - Has left the club and gone back home.

Liam Jurrah - Quits the club

Jared Rivers - Apparantly wants to go to Geelong.

Gysberts - has been approached by Geelong.

Moloney - Will most likely leave, hasnt looked happy all year.

Strauss - Apparantly wants out.

I'd say Neeld has ruffled a few feathers and I know for fact he upset a few very early on. You must earn respect before you gain it.

Whatever the outcome, this trade/draft period is absolutely crucial for our survival.

Edited by Hells Gates
  • Like 1

Enough BS RR, no more conspiracy theories; next you will be telling me the moon landing wasn't real.

Pffft cors it wasn't real.

Moon is made of cheese, rocket ships couldn't land on cheese Rjay!!!!

Come on, people. This is a guy whose family is being torn apart in front of him and he has an awful choice to make.

Once again we are on the arse end of history but it's character building, isn't it?

Correct

No it just part of life as a MFC supporter

I said a few weeks ago, Jurrah and something for Boak... although not being contracted Port can get him for nothing.

As much as I am a fan, we all got behind this bloke and he's quit on us, good riddance.

All the best for Liam, but I seriously feel like he has spat on the Melbourne Football club by turning his back on us and declaring he wants to play for a South Australian club. We would have spent hard earned cash backing him with top lawyers, putting the culture of the club at risk by confronting the media following his attack allegations and for what?

• Like 1

It's a conspiracy theory, Rover. It's you believing the worst possible scenario of betrayal as usual. Have you been hurt a lot by people in your life?

I would be absolutely livid if Jurrah went to Collingwood. If that happens I'd feel genuinely burnt. I don't believe that will happen, though.

(I believe in Liam?)

If his minder was an Adelaide Crows fan and the bloke who'd brought him into the AFL was an ex-Crows player and he was recently interviewed by the President of the Adelaide Crows, I'd might posit that he could end up at the ... surprise, surprise ... Adelaide Crows!

But that's not the case is it.

Far from there being any "hurt" in my life, yours is the opinion clouded by an emotional reaction at the thought of Jurrah playing for the Pies.

Whrere did you hear this?

And survival?

Let's not give in to wyl's overdramatisations of our predicament.

This October will determine whether we can recruit experience and talent that will help us go up the ladder quicker, we aren't about to be relegated.

• Like 2

First Wonna and now Jurrah.

Like I said in another post, i want the club to stay away from these kids from the remote communities. Its too much of a risk. Imagine one of us getting drafted by Yuendumu. How long would we stay out there playing and how hard would it be to settle in to the completely different life there. Its exactly the same for these kids. Culturally, Yuendumu and Melbourne are poles apart. Theres just too much potential for issues to arise. THis has nothing to do with race. Id be more than happy for melb to pick an aboriginal kid from the country but these remote communities are jsut so diffiernt. I understand we would all love to give these kids a chance but lets leave that to the clubs that can afford these dramas . Melb is on its knees. It cant afford to be dealing with this. We need a massive list improvement. Get the club back firing again then start taking long shots with list management decisions
  • Like 3

Interesting times down at the club. A bit of experience and quality we are/may lose. Club cant afford this too much.

Brad Green - retires but tells Schwarz his body is fine & Schwarz reckons he may play for another club next year eg: GWS.

Kelvin Lawrence - Has left the club and gone back home.

Liam Jurrah - Quits the club

Gysberts - has been approached by Geelong.

Moloney - Will most likely leave, hasnt looked happy all year.

Strauss - Apparantly wants out.

I'd say Neeld has ruffled a few feathers and I know for fact he upset a few very early on. You must earn respect before you gain it.

Whatever the outcome, this trade/draft period is absolutely crucial for our survival.

Jonesbag see above.

IMO only Rivers would be any great loss from the above.

Whrere did you hear this?

And survival?

Let's not give in to wyl's overdramatisations of our predicament.

This October will determine whether we can recruit experience and talent that will help us go up the ladder quicker, we aren't about to be relegated.

I heard it too rpfc about two weeks ago.

I have mentioned on a couple of threads that I am surprised people are not concerned he has not sign yet.

What i find equally disturbing, is that whilst every other media outlet in town is reporting on Jurrah leaving us, there is not even anything mentioned on the mfc website.

Once again, if you want to know anything MFC related, melbournefc.com.au is the last place to let you know. Pathetic.

Boy we really know how to look after our supporters don't we!

• Like 3

What i find equally disturbing, is that whilst every other media outlet in town is reporting on Jurrah leaving us, there is not even anything mentioned on the mfc website.

Once again, if you want to know anything MFC related, melbournefc.com.au is the last place to let you know. Pathetic.

we probably haven't been told yet LOL

With Tippet maybe coming up here to the Gold Coast,Sando may need a replacement and LJ's manager would have talked to both clubs before he quit Melbourne so a deal may have been struck.

Liam's family comes first so he has to provide financially and he'd never get a normal job in Adelaide.

What makes you think they know officially DD?

Might have just gone straight to the press by his agent.

We did not know he was going to Adelaide until he was there.

Did not know he was eddies show until he popped up.

There is a trend here