FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

Matthew Rendell has just sought a full apology from the AFL and compensation for Defamation.

amen brother...amen

No. On a closer reading of this thread I see Hells Gates has raised the same thing I heard - that Rivers wants out. It's only a rumour but a serious one I believe.

Rivers is not unhappy with the club but wants to have some success and can't see us getting in the finals any time soon; Geelong are looking to replace Scarlett so they are interested. My son works with an influential Cats supporter, very influential, and they are quite open about it.

• Like 1

If only he had chosen his words more carefully...

if only wed chosen our players more carefully also :unsure:

Not sure the club saw this coming, well at least today. Why would they put an article about his Court date on the club site and still have no response to the announcement?

Because amateur hour still reigns supreme at MFC?

It seems circumspect that Port's ready with a statement before our own club is.

Very true...poor form for Port to issue their statement prior to the MFC confirming journo story...unless Jurrah's manager has already sounded out the PAFC!

Rivers is not unhappy with the club but wants to have some success and can't see us getting in the finals any time soon; Geelong are looking to replace Scarlett so they are interested. My son works with an influential Cats supporter, very influential, and they are quite open about it.

I have just got home from work to this sad news. Disappointed but not really surprised. However if Jared Rivers goes to Geelong, I would be shattered. I remember seeing him being interviewed on Dee TV (I think) and he spoke of visiting his girlfrinds parents place "up the coast". Maybe Geelong is more appealing - I hope I am wrong.

So Jurrah checking out as soon as the seasons done and another club releasing a statement expressing their interest in him doesn't

in anyway feel or seem like what happened with Scully.

It seems circumspect that Port's ready with a statement before our own club is.

Staggering.

A combination of disappointed and meh.

Disappointed because, in the end, there's no denying that Jurrah possesses talent which is lacking from the rest of our list, and showed that he can change games off his own boot. Fully fit and engaged (a caveat, sure) he adds enormous value to our side.

Meh because there's always been something iffy about him, and he's been out of the game for so long that even if everything went perfectly from here, who knows if he'd be able to get back to any sort of AFL-level football.

In the end, these things happen. People get homesick, family situations change, and people need to move city to continue their life. That's just how it is.

It's an opinion on what might transpire. If you can't handle others' opinions my suggestion is you head down to Bunnings, buy yourself some timber, build a bridge ... and get over it.

Sometimes opinions can be offensive.

Your suggestion implied that Rudeboy has had something to do with a potential move to Collingwood. That's offensive to Rudeboy. Yes, it's your opinion, but Hitler had opinions and no one's response to him was simply 'oh, just build a bridge and get over it'.

grow up

re Davey

Maybe theres more validity in the off the cuff lambasting that you ridicule so quickly.

Davey does have a role as mentor of his 'brothers" Liam was one of the charges under his wing. So maybe there is a question to ask , how much might have Aaron known about Liam's inclination to go walkabout?

If he knew anything did he pass it on to the club ?

Whats wrong with asking these ?

i couldnt give a stuff personally as i have grown to have a cold heart as a melbourne supporter, with all the rotten things that have happened to us over the years.

I just feel bad for my son, who has had posters of Moloney and Jurrah all over his wall, and before that Scully.

I cant bring myself to tell him about Jurrah, as he only took the moloney poster down last night after hearing he was leaving.

Has Jurrahs number on his jumper too.

A team desperate for stars, young supporters desperate for heroes, but maybe there are no heroes? Maybe the lesson is to not take AFL too seriously as it only brings heartache, especially if you are a melbourne supporter.

• Like 1

re Davey

Maybe theres more validity in the off the cuff lambasting that you ridicule so quickly.

Davey does have a role as mentor of his 'brothers" Liam was one of the charges under his wing. So maybe there is a question to ask , how much might have Aaron known about Liam's inclination to go walkabout?

If he knew anything did he pass it on to the club ?

Whats wrong with asking these ?

Davey could be mentoring himself next year .

There will be no brothers left

• Like 1

Theres is no doubt that its more than bizarre that another club , Port, is in any way commenting upon anything when the guys sweat still drips on his former locker.

Something smells here....more than the locker !!

i couldnt give a stuff personally as i have grown to have a cold heart as a melbourne supporter, with all the rotten things that have happened to us over the years.

I just feel bad for my son, who has had posters of Moloney and Jurrah all over his wall, and before that Scully.

I cant bring myself to tell him about Jurrah, as he only took the moloney poster down last night after hearing he was leaving.

Has Jurrahs number on his jumper too.

A team desperate for stars, young supporters desperate for heroes, but maybe there are no heroes? Maybe the lesson is to not take AFL too seriously as it only brings heartache, especially if you are a melbourne supporter.

Thats so sad. Poor little fella.

Im glad he is going. He is a distraction the club doesnt need and he doesnt have the work ethic to fit into NELDS plan. Get what we can and wear the loss. Yet to see any remote players not do this. I think other clubs will stop recruiting guys from remote parts as the risk outweighs the gain. Its a shame.

Theres is no doubt that its more than bizarre that another club , Port, is in any way commenting upon anything when the guys sweat still drips on his former locker.

Something smells here....more than the locker !!

We just need Adelaide to indicate that they too may be interested... ;-)